Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams Added To Race At Last Minute

Teams Added To Race At Last Minute

Rarrrgh, just came in for a small rant..

We have been winning our race by miles this week and have, of course, adjusted our effort accordingly. Like you do. A few minutes before race end a new team has suddenly appeared, who hadn’t previously been in our group at all, and they’ve now knocked us off our first place perch!

This gets right on my wick, Playrix. Who drops Usain Bolt into a different 100 metres heat 2m from the finish line and calls that okay? Ugh.. lucky I don’t really care or I might be crying over my cornflakes this morning, but the principle is still worth a bit of indignation.

What a surprise to wake up too! Why didn't they appear once they started the race? How could they complete all tasks in under 5 minutes? With them showing up at end of race we never even had a chance to change our race stategy. How is that, Playrix??

Feel bad for the 4th place team ( that stayed in 3rd the whole race, no prizes for them, only coins)...
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire

ShadowRune
    Delayed starts are showing their FAIRPLAY Is working as intended. -.-

I feel bad for Playrix thinking this is a fair mechanic... I posted a solution that will never be read. oh well.

How could a delayed start contribute to this? The team would still have to wait for tasks to refresh, would still need time to do the tasks, would need to have all their racers playing the same way, wouldn't they? Seems impossible to me. We do a late start by a few hours and manage to win but we are still on the board the whole time with the other teams. I'm sorry this happened to you and I would like to know how it can happen, but I don't think late start is the reason.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Delayed starts has got little or nothing to do with being bumped into other races, as a large racing team is not going to start their race within hours of the finish.

It's happened to us a number of times, and there have been numerous complaints about this previously. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought this practice had stopped, however, we recently found ourselves in a solitary race for the whole week and then got bumped into another race within the last half hour.

At other times, we have not been in a full race of 15, or have been racing against other teams with more, or less racers and then got bumped into other races at some point later in the week. There are any number of reasons, why this occurs and it is extremely frustrating for all concerned.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRune View Post
    Delayed starts are showing their FAIRPLAY Is working as intended. -.-

I feel bad for Playrix thinking this is a fair mechanic... I posted a solution that will never be read. oh well.
    Even with delayed start (,which I am not opposed to), how can 13 players each do 16 tasks in a matter of minutes?? If they so entered race once they picked their 1st task..

I did read your last wishlist post, for what it's worth.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire

I don’t believe they had just started their race, for all sorts of reasons. More likely to me is that Playrix moved them in with us for some reason that has to do with their original race grouping. Maybe that group lost some teams to the cheat-bot late in the day and the teams left over got redistributed. Or maybe it’s just that their group was, like ours, short of the usual 15 teams right from the outset, but it inexplicably took Playrix all week to notice and shift stuff about. Either way, to juggle teams around like this so close to the end of the race is wholly unfair. Doing it this way has now penalised every single team in our group for issues that were nothing whatsoever to do with any of us. I too feel sorriest for the team that were 3rd and dropped to 4th. They are probably crying into their cornflakes.

Originally Posted by ShadowRune
    “It wouldn't be in a matter of minutes? It is timed by the second they take their first task to the time they got their max points. With their late entry and early finish, their overall time won by comparison.

When they accepted their first task is when they entered the bracket. I really doubt playrix moved anyone as rank has nothing to do with how brackets are formed.

From what I read is that the team who entered late finished their maximum point value before you did because you took your time having that lead ahead of others. This is what any leader would suggest to their crew, we have a lead, don't worry. But then you have co ops going on delayed starts on Saturday and finish Sunday. GG.. I explained all of this on thorough detail in a playrix email outside of my rambling wish list.

I guess the only way to tell is if you literally saw them join at 0 of if they were transferred due to a customer support ticket.”

No, it’s got nothing to do with their being faster than us. That is only a factor between teams who score identical points within the same race group. They weren’t in our race. At all, in any position. Then they suddenly were. That’s the issue - importing coops from another group into ours at the last minute.

Edited to add quote
    Last edited by Bessville; 05-21-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRune View Post
    It wouldn't be in a matter of minutes? It is timed by the second they take their first task to the time they got their max points. With their late entry and early finish, their overall time won by comparison.

When they accepted their first task is when they entered the bracket. I really doubt playrix moved anyone as rank has nothing to do with how brackets are formed.

From what I read is that the team who entered late finished their maximum point value before you did because you took your time having that lead ahead of others. This is what any leader would suggest to their crew, we have a lead, don't worry. But then you have co ops going on delayed starts on Saturday and finish Sunday. GG.. I explained all of this on thorough detail in a playrix email outside of my rambling wish list.

I guess the only way to tell is if you literally saw them join at 0 of if they were transferred due to a customer support ticket.
    So glad you know this information, as I also know this information and it has nothing to do with this thread. We raced all week without this team in our group, did our strategy and had first place. Within a few minutes of end of race when some of our members went in to get there prizes this team zoomed into first. They had not been in our group the whole week, only a few minutes at end of race.

Now Playrix this is not fair. I understand the computer does this, but this needs to be done midweek, not within minutes of end of race. You asked about strategy, well we used ours for nothing. Every team in our group of racers lost something, because this team was added and dropped everyone down in their placement. This is not Fairplay.
    Happy
    Town Level 153

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your Co-op has experienced. Thank you for bringing it up.
    I passed the information on to the dev team, so they'll do their best to check the situation ASAP.

I will get back to you as soon as I have any news.
    Thank you for your understanding! Your patience is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Anna