Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams Added To Race At Last Minute

Great to hear, Anna. I hadn’t even bothered submitting a ticket because I hadn’t screenshotted before their arrival, and so assumed any complaint would be futile. How lovely to know you’re looking out for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your Co-op has experienced. Thank you for bringing it up.
    I passed the information on to the dev team, so they'll do their best to check the situation ASAP.

I will get back to you as soon as I have any news.

Regards,
    Anna
    Thank you Anna, we will appreciate this being looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your Co-op has experienced. Thank you for bringing it up.
    I passed the information on to the dev team, so they'll do their best to check the situation ASAP.

I will get back to you as soon as I have any news.
    Thank you for your understanding! Your patience is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Anna
    Thank you Anna. I really hope we hear something soon, this last minute insertion of a new team is just not sporting. I spend a good amount of TCash when I am racing and while I don't expect special treatment because of it, I do expect fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Even with delayed start (,which I am not opposed to), how can 13 players each do 16 tasks in a matter of minutes?? If they so entered race once they picked their 1st task..

I did read your last wishlist post, for what it's worth.
    Even if a team could do the impossible and complete all there tasks in such a short time, they would have had to enter the race hours prior and would have appeared at the bottom of the list (with 0 points) many hours before the race ended. Per Playrix: "Your co-op enters a regatta as soon as any one of its members confirms their participation (by ticking the box next to Participate in Regatta in Additional settings) and picks a task at least five hours before the regatta finish time. If nobody from your co-op picks a task at least five hours before the race ends, the regatta task list is blocked for all members, and you are no longer able to join."

I'm so sorry this happened to everyone in Tigger's Den! I can recall reading another post like this many months ago (might have been the other way around though - that team got moved into a different race and had 14 new competitors and went from Top 3 to bottom of the list). It is very unfair.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 05-21-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks, Anna, for your immediate post. So glad you are working on providing an answer to this very unfortunate situation. Look forward to hearing the response.

Bess, I would think this would be hard to detect. Yes, somebody jumped in front of your team so that was at least obvious but I think it would be harder to discover that they were not in your race before. Just how much detail about each of your competitors would you have to maintain in order to notice that somebody new showed up?

For example, I tend to be a bit obsessive about things so I have a spreadsheet that lists and tracks every team in our regatta. I don't record their co-op names since many of the names are in a character set I cannot type on my Windows PC (Russian, Korean, Chinese, etc). I do keep track of their co-op badge sigil and color and that's usually enough.

I update the spreadsheet at least twice a day and sometimes more often if the race is particularly close as we near the end. I have not noticed anyone coming into the race "out of the blue". Now it is true that teams sometimes change their co-op badge and I have noted one that was not in my spreadsheet but in looking at their score it becomes obvious that they are a previous team with a new badge (Same score or a score that's consistent with the old team as in it increases (scores do not go backwards) or the number of points lost to a perfect score is the same). And, like many people, I use that kind of information to adjust our race strategy as necessary.

I'm curious as to what level of detail you maintain and/or what additional information you would record in order to demonstrate that this is truly a new team entering your race.

Charlie

When we started race, there were the same 8 teams all the the race. but we ended up with 11 teams. None of the teams had a perfect score. May not keep as detailed record as you, but most of us preview all the team's in each race.

Addition: the team added, had perfect score
    Last edited by scorekeeper; 05-21-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I'm curious as to what level of detail you maintain and/or what additional information you would record in order to demonstrate that this is truly a new team entering your race.
    Charlie

Hi Charlie,

This makes me curious also: Have you actually never been tossed to another team mid-/end race ever, or are you solely referring to one single new co-op entering the race at the end could never happen?

It happened in our co-op before sometimes, and you're right, almost noone pays too close attention to the other racers, not everybody would know any details. But most of them look them up usually, at least the contenders ... And if the whole team is saying: "Never seen those guys before!", I'd say, yep, there's a high probability they've not been there before.

Last time our odd race was so unusual that I did make screenshots before also.
    I can only swear that we were tossed around less than an hour left*, but can proof that it was at least after 4 days into the race*.

Attachment 27060
    Attachment 27067

This time we were the intruders (if you will) by nudging every team below us down one place. And to us a whole group of teams showing up in the last minutes (from our point of view, lol) shows a remarkable resemblance with what Bess and the others were telling: a new co-op out of the blue.

*The clock at the bottom will give you the time left when that shot was taken.

At one point Playrix has officially stated that some remixing of teams could occur, but if so then only within the first 24 hours after the race has started.
    This is definitely not the case here.

Dear Anna, since you are sounding like this indeed should not happen, I hope the screenshots can help you looking into this and prevent it from happening again.
    Last edited by Cathy Purr; 05-21-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Bess, I would think this would be hard to detect. Yes, somebody jumped in front of your team so that was at least obvious but I think it would be harder to discover that they were not in your race before. Just how much detail about each of your competitors would you have to maintain in order to notice that somebody new showed up?

For example, I tend to be a bit obsessive about things so I have a spreadsheet that lists and tracks every team in our regatta. I don't record their co-op names since many of the names are in a character set I cannot type on my Windows PC (Russian, Korean, Chinese, etc). I do keep track of their co-op badge sigil and color and that's usually enough.

I update the spreadsheet at least twice a day and sometimes more often if the race is particularly close as we near the end. I have not noticed anyone coming into the race "out of the blue". Now it is true that teams sometimes change their co-op badge and I have noted one that was not in my spreadsheet but in looking at their score it becomes obvious that they are a previous team with a new badge (Same score or a score that's consistent with the old team as in it increases (scores do not go backwards) or the number of points lost to a perfect score is the same). And, like many people, I use that kind of information to adjust our race strategy as necessary.

Charlie
    Hi Charlie. I do cursorily check through to make sure we’re correctly matched for size, but that’s really all I do thesedays. The addition of the new teams was far more obvious than it might usually this week because we weren’t at the full complement of 15. In fact we started with 8 teams and ended with 11. So the new additions were quite glaring, once the team newly ahead of us drew my attention. They appeared initially with a score of 0 that I watched rise in seconds to the winning score. So they cannot have been there all along, regardless of which position they might have been in. Also, as Scorekeeper says, we had long since noted that nobody in our race was capable of the perfect score they finished with. That team (I can’t speak about the other lower-ranked ones) was not there an hour before race end. And then they were.

To totally clear this up...the added team was Chinese. We had no Chinese teams listed for the 8 teams racing. And yes, we have had teams added during mid-week and we have also been moved.

But to add teams so near the race end has never happened.