Thread: Issues With Reserving Tasks

Issues With Reserving Tasks

Is any other Co-op having trouble/problems with the reserving of tasks?

In my Co-op, reserving tasks is causing more problems, more in-house arguments than it’s worth. We are a great Co-op, everyone helps one another and we all got along well...until ‘reserving’ tasks came along. The fighting comes from people stealing other people’s reserved tasks, people reserving a task for too long. Additionally, what ends up happening is there are no tasks available—everything Is reserved. Either that, or the tasks that are remaining are of low point value.

We would like the reserving taken away and to be able to play like it was.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Leader needs to move everyone to member that will solve your problem It's been discussed on another thread.
    **Started playing August 2015** Town 145 Zoo 45 FINALLY
    Have all the factories Special projects and land expansion Zoo IS DONE
    In a small Golden League co-op 5 of us no drama we have fun
    #QM25Q2 come visit Guinn Township
    Android Tablet and phone

Quote Originally Posted by barbguinn View Post
    Leader needs to move everyone to member that will solve your problem It's been discussed on another thread.

Thank you!

I would add to this. We dont reserve tasks and never have done. We just ignore button and its first come, first served, with tasks. By their very nature, the first one to get a task should be first to finish it. If someone is working towards a task, they may say, please dont delete such and such a task, but they know if someone else gets there first its theirs. Maybe if you set a few ground rules so everyone knows. Hope this helps you. No fighting then but position made worse with "reserving" if task board not very good, so everyone needs to delete low points and members cant do that.

Hi, if you put “new reserve task option” in the forum search bar, you should hit the merged Troubles and Solutions thread. It contains all sorts of perspectives on the reserve feature. I’d do you a link, but I’m too rubbish, so the search term will have to do

My co-op decided that reserves are a courtesy not a guarantee. We only allow reserves on growing, manufacturing and boat task since they require prep work. Holding a task let's others know you are prepping for that task and to not dump that task.

We learned a long time ago holding only caused issues. So when reserving came along we voted against requiring holds. It was not worth the hassle.

Yes me too. We are fighting for The sane reason. Even if We type in The chat what Will prepare next..People do Not Read or The chat Goes too far And this i causing problems

Task reservations are problematic. This is a kind of selection since only "veteran" players can do it. So it's the chef who decides! Then, as there is no time limit (especially), the person who has booked can quietly do another task before doing the one reserved. It blocks other players ... If all players do it, it can quickly become unplayable.