Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can You Play On A Desktop Computer?

Can You Play On A Desktop Computer?

Can you play Township on a desktop computer or only on a cell phone?

There is a Windows version of the game, you can find it in the windows store.

But, keep in mind that the windows version is separate from the mobile versions, you won't be able to visit towns or join a co-op that is not on the windows platform. Also, that version is a bit behind in terms of development, there are still features that are not yet implemented (like task reservation feature), events are on different schedules, and new updates are rarer than on the mobile platforms.

ahhh really??? Bummer. Thanks

Also beware the game on PC Windows has faults. When you start playing in the zoo everything you buy/build will disappear at some stage. Also the game crashes quite often with black screen effect. Even so I like the game even with these faults. I am on level 48 and I do not play in the zoo because Playrix have informed me they can not guarantee that it will not happen again until the update comes out. This update could be a while to come out though. It seems PC Windows players are the poor relations. We live for the day to come though when we are equal to all game platforms. Good luck!

It seems you also have to start over and can't continue from where you are on the mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by Datrebor View Post
    It seems you also have to start over and can't continue from where you are on the mobile game.
    Yes, that's correct. As Dreadnought has said, the platforms are completely separate. Windows is not compatible with any other platform and is also some way behind in releasing features that currently exist on Android/ios/Kindle.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I use an Android simulator to play games on my laptop. This way I don't lose any of my progress between devices as long as it's linked to your Facebook account. I use BlueStacks, but there are many out there.
    You're able to play all your app games this way.

Quote Originally Posted by GreytMom View Post
    I use an Android simulator to play games on my laptop. This way I don't lose any of my progress between devices as long as it's linked to your Facebook account. I use BlueStacks, but there are many out there.
    You're able to play all your app games this way.
    Worth bearing in mind, though, that if you do play via simulator, you’ll struggle to get any Tech Support if/when you have issues. Not a problem if you also have another device and your simulated version is just a ‘spare’, but if it’s your only means of playing then it’s a risk.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, guys,

Kindly note that we don't provide support for versions of the game run through emulators. If you're using such software, you won't be able to use social communication features such as Regatta and Co-op.

If you're playing both on PC through an emulator and on actual Android device (tablet or phone), you won't be able to sync your progress anymore. If you reinstall the game on your emulator, you'll have to start from scratch (in the emulated version, the mobile version on your Android device is safe).

If you use ONLY an actual Android device and have the described issues with your game, kindly contact me in a PM.

Regards,
    Anna
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-20-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Updated advice

Cool

Сейчас на компьютере в Городок играть нельзя - только время потеряешь, и настроение испортится. Для Windows обновлений нет, а для BlueStacks очень некорректная работа: версия игры новая, но сохранить при переустановке нельзя почему-то, и друзей нет. Только предложение сходить на Facebook. Так что у меня не получилось создать второй город. То есть город как бы есть, но не полностью функциональный, ограниченный, без друзей. Наверное, придется удалить. Посмотрим.
    Last edited by irinsanna11; 07-20-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Я писала не совсем этот текст. Почему он изменился?!