Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decoration Saturation

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    I'm picky when it comes to decorations. Nitpicky some might say.

I may have a very, very cluttered stash, but I still have plenty of undeveloped space for more decorations.
    I think Vuurvl that you are perhaps a decoration gourmet and alas I am a decoration gourmand.
    But I was proud of myself Monday, when I made Gold League and purchased the amphitheater
    with my token stash and immediately banished it to storage. I found it uninspired and lifeless.
    But being a collector, had to have it.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    .... It works similar to a woman’s wardrobe where the purse, shoes, top, and jewelry are carefully chosen for the day.
    Carefully chosen to suit the weather and not much else, in my case, lol.

It makes me realise I also design my town firstly for practicality, so decor is only secondary to me. I’m saving the little bit of free town space I have for something I might really love. I do usually find the seasonal decorations hardest to integrate successfully. I thought the movie theme was one of the most useable as it blends well with existing community buildings, so I suppose I value those kinds of things the most, as well as stuff that’s fine for general use, like balloons or fountains etc.

I’m only just now at level 80-something starting to see repeats of decor items. It is nice as a relative newbie to have a chance at getting the pretty things I see in others’ towns, but I do think the balance between new and old decors is too heavily skewed towards repeats, (ie new players) especially with events appearing so frequently... i mean, if you’re a newb and miss a particular thing, you won’t have to wait long for the next go around, right? It think that with so few new expansions available for the older players the Devs should perhaps make an effort to keep the brand new decorations at the smaller end of the size scale, if the many who are reliant on that newly created space are to have a chance of using them at all.

And I agree with Nana.. a few more variations in ‘background’ decor, like trees and other basics, would also be very welcome indeed and might help with the blahs a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Carefully chosen to suit the weather and not much else, in my case, lol.
    and which jewelry goes (well) with letssay rain?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    and which jewelry goes (well) with letssay rain?
    Lol, no jewellery except my wedding band, same as goes with sunshine. The handbag/purse debate is one only of “big bag vs small bag” because I only own one of each, and the decision rests on what i’m obliged to carry (though it’s rare my pockets won’t suffice) and footwear takes account primarily of the rain, or lack thereof. What can I say? I’m low maintenance. Or possibly lazy. Or possibly too goshdarn gorgeous to need any further adornment. I’ll leave you to guess which, lol

Lol, no jewellery except my wedding band, same as goes with sunshine. The handbag/purse debate is one only of “big bag vs small bag” because I only own one of each, and the decision rests on what i’m obliged to carry (though it’s rare my pockets won’t suffice) and footwear takes account primarily of the rain, or lack thereof. What can I say? I’m low maintenance. Or possibly lazy. Or possibly too goshdarn gorgeous to need any further adornment. I’ll leave you to guess which, lol
    needing no other jewelry than the wedding band makes it clear that it's the gorgeous alternative, of course.

(TWO handbags only?? really?)

. The handbag/purse debate is one only of “big bag vs small bag” because I only own one of each.
    My husband would never believe only two! . Can’t let him see this or he’ll want to know why I can’t be more like Bessville! Haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Jacobs View Post
    My husband would never believe only two! . Can’t let him see this or he’ll want to know why I can’t be more like Bessville! Haha...
    Might not feel the same way if he could actually see me

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Jacobs View Post
    Don't tell him I only have 1 pair each of work boots, tennis shoes, dress shoes and flip flops. Okay maybe 4 pairs of flip flops...handbag?? Not with flip flops

I am in shock! I have lots of shoes (one pair so special that they have only taken six steps outdoors - from car to restaurant and back into car) but often have a favourite (usually quite cheap) which I am distressed about when they die! I have 4 handbags - two which are classed as everyday and two which are for special events. My husband is a jacket man! He has a large collection of jackets and suits. He hardly gets to wear them now we work at home so we try to go somewhere where we can 'dress up' once a month.

I see the shows on tv where people have huge dressing rooms full of clothes - I couldn't cope! It would take too long to decide what to wear! Maybe that's why I don't collect decorations - just have a few seasonal ones in storage, my faves out in my town and I sell the rest I win in events and don't buy anything I don't need to have.

Did you know if you put all your decorations away, and remove the streets, it is a very quiet town with NO townspeople wandering around..😂
    (Still praying to the 135 gods!)
    Last edited by MissWilliamston; 05-21-2018 at 04:59 AM.