Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decoration Saturation

Decoration Saturation

It wasn’t that bad, really, until the Regatta seasons started. It was manageable, although getting somewhat cramped already. So how does one deal with the onslaught of all this new stuff? With the latest update we did get 3 land expansions, but this was immediately consumed between the Color Splash Event décor and the Ancient Legends Seasonal Regatta trinkets.

There are different strategies you can use and it is interesting to hear how you manage it. I offer a few for your consideration.

You can take a Township Decor Greatist Hits approach. This is a wonderful way to rationalize why certain things do not appear in your town anymore. You get closure when you put that Bargain District away, never to be seen again. Yeah, it was okaaaay, but just not good enough for Daliscape. That kind of conversation with yourself. Only the best decorations will appear in your town and the rest will be stored or as Nana does, sold with no compunction.

If you are a collector, and have a hard time letting go, then maybe you can take the Accessorize approach to your town. This works well if decorations are not so much thematically or logically arranged in your town but dispersed throughout. It works similar to a woman’s wardrobe where the purse, shoes, top, and jewelry are carefully chosen for the day. An example here would be in order. “You know, I think this week we are going to Pirate, with some Halloween, Egyptian, and maybe just a dash of Dragon.” You outfit your town per your moods, whim, etc.

Another option is to set aside a certain area of your town for the latest decorations while keeping the rest of your town mostly static. Let’s call this the Marquee approach. This is a low stress way to handle décor deluge. The latest trinkets only will be on display in a fixed area for a short time. You arrange this area once a month approximately.

Well, I guess you are already doing at least one of the above, maybe more. A penny for your thoughts.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Ah, you know me well Cobalt. In my game town, as in my real life, I am very much an uncluttered type of person. About once a year, I inventory my ever expanding storage and discard. Discarded items have never been missed, nor have I looked back with any regrets. Even with this effort, my storage is well over 350 items.

I look with amazement (bordering on dismay) at some towns I visit and often wonder what their homes must look like. I am also flummoxed by neighbors who keep their holiday decos out in perpetuity. How can Christmas, or Halloween, or Easter be special occasions to decorate if you leave them up year-round? C’est la vie.

Frankly, I am growing tired and bored with our recent frequent forays back to antiquity and would really love to see some modern themes in the Seasonal Decorations. Also, some TRULY seasonal new landscape options - trees, plants, flowers (nothing in cages), lovely benches, etc. Alas, I doubt this will come to pass any time soon.

Meanwhile, I too display current event winnings - after display, some (most) will be sold, don’t even want them further cluttering my storage.

Thanks for an interesting thread friend.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I’m the same Nana.

I'm definitely a marquee person. I have my 'showground' just over the river.
    Level: 208
    Co-op: Green Gables #GRE4SU
    Friend code: PFSFZF
    Player Since: May 2015

I am not a decoration buyer or collector. Don’t see much need for them as I see it as unnecessary clutter. I have trouble using up regatta tokens after buying the ingots and coupons etc which I wish could be bought multiple times instead of just once a season.

I’m not at a critical level as yet - I still have a fair amount of land to develop so I haven’t had to worry about any culling as yet. I don’t like it too cluttered though either. I am more picky with what I want to decorate my town with and have not bought into the ancient legends theme as I’m just not a fan. I am excited for the ultimate colour splash goal, I will be making some room ready!
    Co-op = Land of Dragons. # NEZ8R6
    Town= Meesh

I am a definite marquee kind of person........it allows me to create a new area at any time, without the faff of having to redesign my whole town in order to include a certain deco or theme. It's great at Christmas and Easter times, as I really look forward to decorating that area and go completely overboard on the vast selection of suitable decos we have, it's just as well we can store as many decos as we want, if not, I'd be stuffed!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 158

I'm a marquee type too, though I'm getting really bored with the repetitive events and lack of worthwhile decorations. The Egyptian themed decos went straight into storage, and I'm really not interested in this season's either.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

a dash of Dragon
    that comes closest to my town deco style, I think.
    I'm a collector and a Marquee person. There are quite a few little areas that developed themselves, with a very interesting mixture of decos, lol. I love to be surprised by it. Some are a bit bizarre (hopefully!), as RL relation doesn't interest me, when the items that come together build a little story - for me.

Then I copied the idea (of many) of having a little extra area at the entrance with theme related deco, mostly event or regatta topic meanwhile. Quite entertaining!

Last edited by _DD_; 05-06-2018 at 04:22 PM.

I'm picky when it comes to decorations. Nitpicky some might say.

I may have a very, very cluttered stash, but I still have plenty of undeveloped space for more decorations.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE