Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Color Splash Event: General Questions & Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    When I made it to the final prize, I waved goodbye to the ridiculous balloon canons and the bubble gum. Pure awful to play.
    Save up your blocks, there are regatta tasks related to solving levels. "Solve 7 Levels for 135 points" is a regular task, I don't know if they'll show up as mystery tasks so it might not be easy to avoid "color splash" tasks.

I have a supply of blocks in the barn and I'm letting the paint accumulate (takes no space) in case I need to make more blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    Since I stink at sending helicopter orders, I am now aware that I much prefer events where we give products to produce the gizmos needed for the game. It seems easier to manage.
    Funny, I was thinking just the opposite. In some events (restaurant, aerial) you used products / crops to earn the right to play. So I produce things and grow things and get nothing for them other than the right to play a round of the game.

In other events (fishing, color splash) you get "something" (paint, bottle caps, etc) from helicopter orders, make something else (lures, color cubes) and use those to play the event. But, I get coins for my crops / products that I sold in the helicopter orders. So at least I'm making something for the effort as well as trying to win the event prizes.

The other thing, IIRC, is that if I don't have the products for making airplane fuel or to play the restaurant event, I cannot proceed until I do acquire the proper mix of items. That is, there is no "cancel" button that would let me try a different "recipe". With the helicopter based ones I can at least cancel orders and they will be replaced 30 minutes later. Plus I have 9 to play with and it's likely that I can satisfy some of them.

I prefer the helicopter based events.

I agree with cdosr about the mechanics of this game. You sell product from your barn and get coins/xp along with the paint. That part of the game I do like.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I have enjoyed the game I do not like match games do not play them This one is not so bad and I have one plus at work I can send helicopter orders and every 1/2 hour or so I can start the block painting. When I got home Friday I had enough stored blocks to do 30+ games. Worked Sat did the same thing gave me a good edge to play until my eyes got tired. I do not buy the 'boosters' and have finished got the prize Currently in 2nd place not so many playing in my group if I fall of so be it I don't get all uptite about being in first.
    **Started playing August 2015** Town 145 Zoo 45 FINALLY
    Have all the factories Special projects and land expansion Zoo IS DONE
    In a small Golden League co-op 5 of us no drama we have fun
    #QM25Q2 come visit Guinn Township
    Android Tablet and phone

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Funny, I was thinking just the opposite. In some events (restaurant, aerial) you used products / crops to earn the right to play. So I produce things and grow things and get nothing for them other than the right to play a round of the game.

In other events (fishing, color splash) you get "something" (paint, bottle caps, etc) from helicopter orders, make something else (lures, color cubes) and use those to play the event. But, I get coins for my crops / products that I sold in the helicopter orders. So at least I'm making something for the effort as well as trying to win the event prizes.

The other thing, IIRC, is that if I don't have the products for making airplane fuel or to play the restaurant event, I cannot proceed until I do acquire the proper mix of items. That is, there is no "cancel" button that would let me try a different "recipe". With the helicopter based ones I can at least cancel orders and they will be replaced 30 minutes later. Plus I have 9 to play with and it's likely that I can satisfy some of them.

I prefer the helicopter based events.
    Completely agree! I wish all the events involved filling helicopter orders. It is a win-win situation IMO. As you laid out, you earn coins and XP from filling heli orders along with the game component (in this case paint), AND I can cancel any orders that I can't fill and get new ones in 30 minutes. Plus, with the other games, you would often need large quantities of certain items (like 15 strawberries) to start a new round of the event, whereas I've had helicopter orders for just one item. And heli orders request a greater variety of items so I'm not just growing strawberries and rice all day and producing sugar and muffins non-stop. Plus, you don't even have to make the temporary items (checkered cake, stuffed sheep, etc). If you get a heli order with one of those items, you can just delete it. For the other events, I was constantly using Raj to buy the temporary recipe items, but I haven't had to do that once this event which I appreciate because I'd rather use him for other purposes. It boggles my mind that anyone would prefer it the other way, but obviously we all see things differently!

Yes, I vastly prefer filing helicopters orders over having my lower level factories hijacked for a week to crank out massive numbers odd bread, cream, milkshakes, etc.

However, I utterly LOATHE this game. If I wanted to play blocks, I would have any of the thousand variations of this game downloaded for me to play.

I was just looking at the Art District and realized that the guy with the camera looks strikingly similar to our controversial gentleman friend in the Valentine’s Day Tunnel of Love deco. So either they are twins...OR they are the same person living in parallel universes and/or the past/future, and if I put the two decos together and they see each other I could create a paradox that could explode the entire game universe! LOL. I will have to err on the side of caution and make sure they do not cross paths!

(and PS: Yes, of course I know there are duplicate townspeople walking around...I just thought it was a little odd for a featured deco like this to have a character copied from one of the others)

I am at Level 30 in Color Splash. I cannot figure out how to make the vertical columns of balloons (on the outside edges) fall down or out. Can't find any rules anywhere either! Can someone help?

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyField View Post
    I am at Level 30 in Color Splash. I cannot figure out how to make the vertical columns of balloons (on the outside edges) fall down or out. Can't find any rules anywhere either! Can someone help?
    You remove the balloons by making a color match next to them so get two or more of the same color to line up so they one of them touches the balloon then make the match. Alternatively you can fire a horizontal rocket to hit the balloon, a bomb to blow up near the balloon (1 cell above, 1 cell adjacent, or 1 cell below). Alternatively, you can combine boosters to blow up a lot of stuff (bomb + rocket = 3 rows cleared vertically and 3 rows horizontally).

Basically, you need to match or blow up stuff and hit the balloon.

Does anyone know where I can find how many paint pots (from the helicopters) I have in stock?