Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Regatta, Tasks, When & How

Smile New Regatta, Tasks, When & How

When will this "new" regatta start? I saw a very detailed explanation on facebook from a friend but am still confused about how it will be played out. My entire coop is confused! If this "new" regatta doesn't start till after this season will Playrix be fixing the lack of 135 tasks? This is the worst race in a year of racing for me personally & my coop is beyond frustrated. I don't want to lose players! (Which I have because of regatta). We even changed our task point requirements. I am looking forward to the change! Please someone let me know when and how!
    Thank you!!!

If you are talking about the regatta changes mentioned on FB and in the description that accompanies the new update, Playrix states this will be for INTER SEASONAL races. We are currently in week 1 of a 4 week season. After that, we will have our first interseasonal race with the new rules. Exactly how it will work...I have no idea...the description is rather cryptic.

NEW INTERSEASONAL REGATTA RULES
    - Enjoy earning prizes without fear of getting demoted: Your league can now change only during Seasonal Regattas.
    - Complete Chest Tasks: The more valuable they are, the better the prizes!
    - Team up with your co-op buddies during regattas to get rewards for completing co-op goals!
    - Join Regattas any day you want: There's no hurry now!
    Last edited by kitty4715; 04-29-2018 at 04:31 PM.

I have many questions about when a new member joins and is racing once the regatta has started. Does the coop get regrouped with other coops with the new number of players? If the coop is in first and has finished their 16 tasks, will they still have 16 more to complete? Will the new member bring completed tasks with them or will they need to start from 0? If the new member leaves or gets kicked out, will the regatta be reset back to original?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I have many questions about when a new member joins and is racing once the regatta has started. Does the coop get regrouped with other coops with the new number of players? If the coop is in first and has finished their 16 tasks, will they still have 16 more to complete? Will the new member bring completed tasks with them or will they need to start from 0? If the new member leaves or gets kicked out, will the regatta be reset back to original?
    A player joining a co-op mid-race is set to NOT racing so he has no effect on the running regata. He has to wait the following week.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Not according to the new release. Last line in the updates says they can join anytime during the interseasonal regatta and race, unless I am misunderstanding

"Join regattas any day you want, there is no hurry now"

Not according to the new release. Last line in the updates says they can join anytime during the interseasonal regatta and race, unless I am misunderstanding
    None of us know how this new interseasonal regatta will work unfortunately.

Personally, I think it will be very different from the current regatta. There may no longer even be a competition with other teams since you cannot be promoted/demoted. It mentions co-op goals and chest tasks...I think the focus will be more on your co-op members working together to try to get certain prizes and not about trying to beat another team. But I could be totally wrong. That is just the vibe I am getting. I also don't know if/how the goals may change as team members join/leave during that week. Sorry I can't be more helpful, we will just have to wait and see!
    Last edited by kitty4715; 04-30-2018 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo

"Join regattas any day you want, there is no hurry now"
    That relates only to the interseasonal regatta, in which the gameplay will change obviously to not competing against other Coops, so all the questions above wouldn't fit.

Either I am not choosing the correct terms or I am misunderstanding the ambiguous statement about joining the interseasonal regatta at anytime. Every regatta is a race, whether seasonal or interseasonal. My questions apply to those regattas, because when our coop participate, we always race to win. If a new player joins mid race and can join the regatta, I would like to know how it will effect the coop. Just wonder if anyone has insight on the adjustments we will see if someone joins mid race.

Thanks kitty for your considerate and interpretive response. You definitely read more between the lines than I was able to gleen. Your perspective has help answer my questions with respect. Thank you so much.