Thread: Confirmation button for Tcash

Confirmation button for Tcash

Hi everyone,

We can set our game with a confirmation button before spending Tcash. Here is how :

1- Go to settings (wheel/cog at left under population)
    2- Go to Additional settings
    4- Click on the square to get a Check mark beside Use Cash

You HAVE to do this because the system is off until you ask for it.

Take note that this work for :

calling new trains
    finishing crops
    finishing products in factories
    buying boxes in factories
    renewing the market
    upgrading the barn (added sept 30)
    buying the special green boxes in the market

Please read the rest carefully

But, so far, it does NOT work if you buy some ingots to upgrade something in the Academy. Be carefull if you check what ingot is missing to do the upgrade. Some players have spent hundreds of T-cash by mistake.

It does not work either when you want to put an order on the factory line and you are missing some basic products needed. If you are going too fast, you may buy basic products.

It does not work if you lack some products to fill a train car. Make sure you have the needed stock before hitting FILL.

If you are checking what you are missing to complete one step of an upgradable decorations be careful not to hit the button "action". There is no confirmation either.
    Last edited by Graylady; 12-02-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Add caution about upgradable decorations.

I know this is an old thread but it remains accurate for the current version of Township. From time to time someone will get bit by the few cases where the "Confirmation Window" "Use Cash" checkbox is not honored with an additional popup.

For example, recently a player was trying to build a level on one of the "buildable decorations" and didn't have enough product. Somehow they ended up buying the shortfall with T-Cash.

There are two schools of thought on those cases. One is that there should have been a "final warning" that they were about to actually spend T-Cash and it should have asked a "Are You Sure?" type question. The other is that the action *did* popup a message that they wouldn't have seen if they had sufficient quantity of items and that popup *did* say it would cost XXX T-Cash to complete the action requested so this popup should count as the "confirm your intention to spend T-Cash". Hence Graylady's warning to be careful when you try something without sufficient quantities of goods.

I can see the argument that it is an extra window, outside the "normal flow" of some actions and could be thought of as the "Are You Sure?" confirmation. I personally believe that if I went out of my way to check a box that says "Bother me if I'm going to spent T-Cash, accidentally or on purpose" then I'm willing to have some extra popups (I asked for them).

But it is still up to the game designers as to how they chose to implement the "Confirmation Window" for T-Cash. They currently choose to not have extra windows popup so it is still possible to accidentally spend a lot of T-Cash. I know, I once spent 46T to put a single Peach into a Zoo Shop Basket.

So I'm adding to this thread to give it a "bump" for new people who would really benefit from Graylady's insight from Township's early days.
    Last edited by cdosr; 12-02-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks for the bump Charlie. I will add a note about the upgradable decorations.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

To our Mods: would you be so kind to make this thread a sticky, please?

An additional note: it does not work for some events either...as I have lost a lot of tcash in the events with food and ingredients. Trying to quickly fill orders and one runs out of ingredients and when moving quickly...poof...there went your tcash to speed up the timer.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Thanks for the addition, Twilight! I remember the situation... as these games are timed, I don't know how a confirmation would fit in, but would also find it better "with", so the Devs will hopefully think about the How-to again.

​if anyone wants to answer, pls wait a day, as a new reply per day will keep the thread visible on page 1 of the subforum.

Last edited by _DD_; 10-06-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: clarification what I meant with page 1

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ​if anyone wants to answer, pls wait a day, so we can keep this thread alive and on page 1.
    You can change how many posts you can see on 1 page in your account settings.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    An additional note: it does not work for some events either...as I have lost a lot of tcash in the events with food and ingredients. Trying to quickly fill orders and one runs out of ingredients and when moving quickly...poof...there went your tcash to speed up the timer.
    I have had this happen. It is so very annoying, especially if you don't want to use tcash.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV