Thread: Members Not Racing In Regatta

Unhappy Members Not Racing In Regatta

I am leader of my co-op with 10 members. All opt-in for racing in the regatta but only 3 to 5 would participate in each round of regatta. While myself and the other active member would complete all the assigned tasks, the other 2-3 members could only manage 1-2 tasks each. It's not so much of a problem as long as they participate and complete something. What annoys me is the remaining 5 members who never do any tasks while opt-in racing. Of these 5 members who do not participate, I think 2 of them probably have left the game as I don't see them making any progress at all. I have sent message to all, Kindly reminding them to take part in the regatta. I don't really want to kick anyone out as that's unkind but what should I do? If I unfriend with the ones who I suspect are not playing , will they be removed from the co-op automatically?

Unfriend them would not remove them from co-op, only kick them out by yourself would remove them. If they are not playing anymore, kick them out would not be unkind. It's your choice though.

hi Gunner,
    and if you didn't receive any reply in chat to your kind reminder, I would kick them also. Think of it this way, it is just fair to those who participate! and remember, you can overwrite the kick msg with saying they can come back or request to come back (depending on Coop status) when they play again.

If anyone in your Coop wants to send an invite afterwards (as another option), they must have them on their friends list at that time, so that must be done before the silent ones are kicked. If you suspect, though, that they are not playing anymore, I would remove them from my friends list as well (you can still tell them to come back by themselves in the kick msg)

You'll find that the Coop and racing is more fun with active members

thanks DD for your kind advice. I think I would kick them as u said it's fair to those who participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    hi Gunner,
    and if you didn't receive any reply in chat to your kind reminder, I would kick them also. Think of it this way, it is just fair to those who participate! and remember, you can overwrite the kick msg with saying they can come back or request to come back (depending on Coop status) when they play again.

If anyone in your Coop wants to send an invite afterwards (as another option), they must have them on their friends list at that time, so that must be done before the silent ones are kicked. If you suspect, though, that they are not playing anymore, I would remove them from my friends list as well (you can still tell them to come back by themselves in the kick msg)

You'll find that the Coop and racing is more fun with active members

thanks hchl for your advice. Will kick them out. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    Unfriend them would not remove them from co-op, only kick them out by yourself would remove them. If they are not playing anymore, kick them out would not be unkind. It's your choice though.

I agree with the others - I’d definitely kick them if racing is at all important to your coop, so don’t feel bad.

Players who mark racing but then don’t do tasks still share the rewards at the end, which is unfortunately why many do it. But they cost your team, because for every ‘racing but not bothering’ member you have, you face an extra one in all the teams against you, who probably will bother. So those who do actually participate do less well overall than they deserve. I’d be more concened with protecting them than the ones who don’t contribute, personally. The absolute minimum requirement any racing coop should have, IMO, is that you mark Not Racing if youwon’t be doing tasks, but others will.

Your issue could have been worse :-) We had a similar problem with a member who didn’t participate in the regatta (or might do one task all week) yet did not opt out either. She was invited to the co-op by a family member who was a consistently good participator. That made things difficult as we did not want to upset the person who was a good member by kicking her deadbeat family member. To avoid the drama, we left things alone and the group suffered as a result. Finally, some other issue cropped up which caused three of us to leave and form a new co-op.

With all that said, my advice is to set parameters in your co-op’s description. That way people who join know what’s expected of them in advance and being kicked won’t come as a shock to them.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Hi...I have participated in a regatta before. I tried to again recently but it said I was late and missed it. The "participating in regatta" option was checked in settings and I am a co-op member. What did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by James Herriott View Post
    Hi...I have participated in a regatta before. I tried to again recently but it said I was late and missed it. The "participating in regatta" option was checked in settings and I am a co-op member. What did I do wrong?
    You have to join a co-op and opt in the regatta before the race starts, which is on Tuesday at 8AM UTC.

If you joined a co-op or checked the regatta participation option after Tuesday 8AM UTC, you'll have to wait until next regatta to participate.

Hope this helps.