Thread: Selling Gems?

Selling Gems?

I just reached level 51 and got my first heli order wanting some pink gems to exchange for red ones. I have only used gems for boosters, as I did not build the zoo.

Is there any reason to swap the gems unless I have too many of one and not enough of another for the next booster?

The only reason to sell is if you need the gem being offered, either for boosters or zoo animals. Which you already stated
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 178
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

ShadowRune
    I put in a wish list that we could exchange gems for coins in the Mint, sadly, they have not responded for people like us.

The guy who trades gems for XP and cash is in the helicopter orders, but I strongly recommend never using him as he asks for too much for the xp given. I think I may have only used him once this whole year when he offered a yellow gem, xp, and 2 towncash for 3 red gems. When he offers 2K xp and 3 towncash for 5 red and 5 purple gems.... "You're out of your mind".... Don't get robbed. Play smart.

Hoard the gems for boosters and zoo animals only. The DEV's haven't come up with a good way to exchange the surplus as of yet.
    Last edited by ShadowRune; 04-22-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRune View Post
    I put in a wish list that we could exchange gems for coins in the Mint, sadly, they have not responded for people like us.
    Rest assured your wish has been read. There are only two ways in which you would get a response from Playrix:

1. your wish could be added to the list of things that will never ever happen.

2. the patch notes of a future version of Township will reveal that your wish has in one way or another been (partially) implemented.

So if neither of the two has happened (yet), you may consider the response "perhaps, possibly, maybe one day, or maybe never".

Now, imagine the wish list forum being -full- of threads that are all closed with that same response: "perhaps, possibly, maybe one day, or maybe never". Does that look inviting for the next person to post their wish? Nope, it doesn't. So that's why those kind of responses don't happen, but we all know how it is.

Don't ever stop feeding Playrix your ideas. Past examples show that they do consider our wishes, and some actually also happen. Just don't expect a (immediate) response, even if your idea is SHEER GENIUS because ideas sometimes are like that, you have them and you think "they should pay me for this because it's that good".
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    Just don't expect a (immediate) response, even if your idea is SHEER GENIUS because ideas sometimes are like that, you have them and you think "they should pay me for this because it's that good".
    and that is probably another reason that any Dev will not make it visible when they take on player ideas: these players could ask for payment.

Good explanation about the deterrent general answer! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRune View Post

The guy who trades gems for XP and cash is in the helicopter orders, but I strongly recommend never using him as he asks for too much for the xp given. I think I may have only used him once this whole year when he offered a yellow gem, xp, and 2 towncash for 3 red gems. When he offers 2K xp and 3 towncash for 5 red and 5 purple gems.... "You're out of your mind".... Don't get robbed. Play smart.

Hoard the gems for boosters and zoo animals only. The DEV's haven't come up with a good way to exchange the surplus as of yet.
    I agree. I think it is extremely unfair for the Gem guy to offer me 2 gold gems for 5 Purple gems.
    If I wanted to by them for TCash the purple gems would cost me 250TCash and the gold 20 TCash. That's not even a 10% return on investment. The gem trades need to be more realistic.

Why can’t we sell the gems?

А с какого уровня появляется этот торговец камнями? У меня скопилось много жёлтых камней а нужнее красные я бы поменяла.

Quote Originally Posted by Katriona View Post
    А с какого уровня появляется этот торговец камнями? У меня скопилось много жёлтых камней а нужнее красные я бы поменяла.
    Hi, he appears at level 50. I'm not sure whether he has been introduced in the Windows version yet.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT