Thread: Multiple Tasks Taken? (Windows)

Multiple Tasks Taken? (Windows)

Hello All;

First, let me state. I run a newly formed "Windows Platform" co-op. And 1 of my member's had taken a task while she was still in another task. I did not think that is possible, is it. We don't allow reserve or calling "dibs" in the co-op, it is a first come, first serve tasks for the regatta. I made a blog for the co-op of the expectations, rules and regulations. Figure it is the easiest way for them, and especially me. I get tired of telling new member all the time in the message board.

But my question: Is this some form of cheating, because I can't do it and one of my co-leaders said he can't do it either. And I had asked him to ask his wife about it, she plays on a android for the game and she can't understand how that happened either.

Thank you for any information.
    Alienmenace

I'm stumped about how that's possible, but since nobody else is responding...well, I have no heck idea.

As taking 2 tasks at the same time is not possible normally, here are a couple ideas.

Did you see that player twice in the list of racers under the tasks board? If the player showed only once, what task did he have? The first or second he took? If it was the 2nd, check their points. They may have finished the first one or cancelled it.

The only other possibility is servers not in sync which happens sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienmenace View Post
    Hello All;

First, let me state. I run a newly formed "Windows Platform" co-op. And 1 of my member's had taken a task while she was still in another task. I did not think that is possible, is it. We don't allow reserve or calling "dibs" in the co-op, it is a first come, first serve tasks for the regatta. I made a blog for the co-op of the expectations, rules and regulations. Figure it is the easiest way for them, and especially me. I get tired of telling new member all the time in the message board.

But my question: Is this some form of cheating, because I can't do it and one of my co-leaders said he can't do it either. And I had asked him to ask his wife about it, she plays on a android for the game and she can't understand how that happened either.

Thank you for any information.
    Alienmenace
    Maybe I've misunderstood but I think I've done something very similar by mistake. Making hats, last 1 to go I saw a fish task and I had all the fish in dock already so I grabbed it. It allowed me to do the fish one of course but I lost the hat task.

Thank you all for the replies. she had told me that she had dumped the task, but it doesn't show up in the statistics as being dumped. I was dumping tasks that was less than a 100 points and that shows up. But not hers. And not once the House of Luck showed up under her name, she still had the airplane task.

Again Thank You all for the answers
    Alienmenace

Thank you all for the replies. she had told me that she had dumped the task, but it doesn't show up in the statistics as being dumped. I was dumping tasks that was less than a 100 points and that shows up. But not hers. And not once the House of Luck showed up under her name, she still had the airplane task.

Alienmenace
    Are you referring to the statistics page where you can view each team members task contribution and dump total?

Once at the very beginning of my racing experience, I accidentally dumped a task that I was working on. I was only a "member" in my co-op and so did not have dumping privileges. In the statistics where it shows everyone's task total and dump totals, it did not say that I had dumped a task (still said 0 next to the trash can icon). It is my understanding that the dump task count only applies to tasks that were dumped before anyone took them (a way to penalize teams for avoiding unwanted tasks). By dumping a task after you have started it, you are already being penalized by having one less task you can finish and points to contribute to your team.

Alienmenace
    Kitty is right, a member (not an elder, co-leader, or leader) dumped a task after taking it won't show up in her or your stat list of dumping (from my observation). It only showed in her task list as uncompleted and grayed out but won't show in any other people's list of any kind.

But if on your co-op task board, it showed two tasks under the same person's township name, it would be weird and might be consider a glitch.