Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Use of the Raja 10-Day Option?

Obviously, like others have said, it depends on your goals.

For me, upgrading is/was always a huge priority. I have all 3 foundries and like to keep them all running all the time. Last week, I finally earned the avatar for 500 upgrades which I had been working towards for months so that was exciting Plus trains are fully upgraded for time so come every 2-2.5 hours (which means I collect expansion tools and barn materials quicker), my islands are almost fully upgraded for time (Tropica only takes 4.5 hours now instead of 9 which is great!), all my factories have 2 extra shelves and take 25-40% less time to make goods. The only way I was able to do this was by buying ore frequently (It is more cost effective to buy ore than mining materials if the ore is your ultimate goal).

My strategy would be to stockpile each variety at a time. Raj will give you a max of 13 bronze, 13 silver, 9 gold and 9 platinum, but you will probably have to haggle with him to get that number for the first time (Request ore, if he doesn't offer you the max, decline the offer and ask for any different item. Decline that offer, then ask for ore again. Repeat until he offers you the max). So let's say you start with bronze. Get him to offer you 13 bronze ore (should cost between 230-300 coins). You will only have to go through the haggling process once because if you request the same exact item when he is available again in an hour, he will give you that exact same offer of 13 bronze for 230-300 coins. I would do this until I had about 200 bronze ore, then I'd switch to requesting silver. Then gold, then platinum. Once I had a nice supply of each, I would replenish as needed based on what I was using up most while making ingots for my upgrades.

Currently, I am focusing on my zoo, so I'm frequently using Raj to buy the hot products to sell in the shops. I have also occasionally used him to buy items for my plane, but usually I can make or request the items I need for that and be able to send it off quickly without using Raj. If you like participating in the events, Raj is also helpful for buying the temporary event items in bulk.

Mining tools are very expensive (15 picks can range from 1500-1800 coins), but if someone has lots of coins to spare, mining can be a good way to earn T-cash (plus I enjoy mining...well at least I used to before the slow pick animation...)
    Last edited by kitty4715; 04-20-2018 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetsie View Post
    Thanks, everyone. I'm at level 51. I got the great deal of 60% off his services for 10 days. I've been using him to buy ore, fill planes, and buy butter and syrup or anything else I find myself continually needing. My focus has been on upgrading factories and increasing coins. After reading here, I also have started to trash heli orders of less than 300. I'm up to 26 boxes at the market.

I have not built the zoo or mint, but am currently building the 3rd foundry.

All I need to do now is increase T-cash. I REALLY appreciate everyone's input.
    T-cash eh?

An option that I haven't seen fully mentioned (more like kind of in between the lines in some of the above posts) is using Raja to buy jewellery, which you can use for the mafia guy heli mission that exchanges jewellery for T-cash. You start receiving those kind of missions after you can buy the jewellery, which is at lvl 53, so only 2 lvls away for you.

It does cost a lot of gold to buy jewellery of Raja, and you only get max 3 pieces every market search like @dreadnought said, but if you're truly in a pinch for T-cash, that might be worth it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    <snip....>It does cost a lot of gold to buy jewellery of Raja, and you only get max 3 pieces every market search like @dreadnought said, but if you're truly in a pinch for T-cash, that might be worth it for you.
    Out of curiosity, I kept track of how the game offered me t-cash. Over 60 days (6 Raja hires) I sold Jewelry 123 times for a total of 217T. I didn't keep track of how many coins that jewelry cost but each purchase of 3 pieces of jewelry was between 2000 and 5000 coins, depending on the item.

I cancelled any Mafia guy orders that offered only 1T for 2 pieces or any amount if it included ingots. So, as long as he offered 1T for 1 piece or 2T for 2 pieces, I sold.

Because I have the Jewelry Store Factory, I make all my own jewelry. I haven’t bought any from Raja in over 1 1/2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Because I have the Jewelry Store Factory, I make all my own jewelry. I haven’t bought any from Raja in over 1 1/2 years.
    That certainly makes more sense now that they've changed the factory to using ore instead of ingots. Since I'm still upgrading some things, I'm using the ore for ingots and on those occasions when I'm out of jewelry, then I buy another 3 pieces.

I do have 6 shelves full of "feathered earrings" because it lets me get rid of some of those pesky blue feathers.