Thread: Allow Leaders To Change Settings For Players

Allow Leaders To Change Settings For Players

Hi,

We have a great group but unfortunately a few members continually don't change their regatta settings to not racing preventing the team from doing as well, while benefiting from the races. An email is sent before the regatta but nothing changes.

We don't want to toss these members out but what other option is there? And how much does it affect our scores?

Many thanks,
    Maggieville

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiemid View Post
    Hi,

We have a great group but unfortunately a few members continually don't change their regatta settings to not racing preventing the team from doing as well, while benefiting from the races. An email is sent before the regatta but nothing changes.

We don't want to toss these members out but what other option is there? And how much does it affect our scores?

Many thanks,
    Maggieville
    You have to toss them out before the regatta starts. Period. You can invite them back immediately if you want, or attach a message to the kick out message so they realize it is just a technicality.

Wondering how it affects your score is sort of under thinking the problem. Teams are matched according to size. Size is determined by how many members are set to racing. So if you have a couple nonparticipants set to racing, you are not only scoring zero from them, you are putting the people who are racing at a huge disadvantage because they will be matched against bigger teams with more racers.

Ask everyone to declare themselves by Monday, if there are any people who have not opted out, but whom you suspect will not be racing, boot them Monday night. If you invite them back, they can rejoin when they log in, but their status will be automatically set to not racing since the regatta will have started.

Doing anything less than this is not fair to the people who do race and does not show much leadership.

Garvie

Thank you for the tough love. Don't know I'm tough enough.

I noticed we are racing against no other teams in the latest regatta? Do you know what this means?

Thank you for the tough love. Don't know I'm tough enough.
    Nah, don’t think of it as kicking them out, think of it as you changing their racing status for them using the somewhat clumsy, but only available tools. If you really do hope they rejoin, just say so in the kick out message. It should help tighten up everyone’s involvement in the coop and the race if you show you are willing to help the team do what it takes to be competitive.

Plus, try focusing on the feelings of the people who do race or keep their status current with their intentions rather than the people who do neither. That will help you git yer big girl boots on lol.

Garvie

I noticed we are racing against no other teams in the latest regatta? Do you know what this means?
    Well besides an easy win... if you started really late, Playrix might not have found any size matches for you, though often you will get moved later in the race to some other group.

I have never been alone for the entire time, but have seen races finish with only 13 and 14 boats.

Garvie

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    .... If you really do hope they rejoin, just say so in the kick out message. .....
    Hi, Garvie, this is the first time I've heard about "kick out message". When I kicked someone out, it just did without any options for me to write a message. When I clicked on the Co-op building, it shows (from left to right) "trophy" "edit" "leave the coop" "send message", I wonder whether the last one is the "kick out message" you're talking about? But that message will be sent to everyone in the coop and not the one who was kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    Hi, Garvie, this is the first time I've heard about "kick out message". When I kicked someone out, it just did without any options for me to write a message. When I clicked on the Co-op building, it shows (from left to right) "trophy" "edit" "leave the coop" "send message", I wonder whether the last one is the "kick out message" you're talking about? But that message will be sent to everyone in the coop and not the one who was kicked out.
    Where it says “Garvie has kicked you from greatest ever coop...” (in red) click ON that field and you can change it to a custom message, such as “sorry you can’t stay this week, please come back as soon as you like and bring snacks.”

Tomorrow is Monday, let everyone get their rewards and then you can practise kicking and reinviting peeps.

Garvie

Thank you, Garvie. I'll try what you taught me on my poor teammates, maybe........

Just found one kicked message (I kicked someone out days ago) from my coop chat, and clicked on the red words, cannot edit the message, it only showed "visit" under that person's town-name....
    Last edited by hchl; 04-15-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    Thank you, Garvie. I'll try what you taught me on my poor teammates, maybe........

Just found one kicked message (I kicked someone out days ago) from my coop chat, and clicked on the red words, cannot edit the message, it only showed "visit" under that person's town-name....
    Yes, but when you are doing the kicking you will be able to alter the standard message. You can also change request to join messages btw. So get yourself kicked out with a personalized message, then demand to be readmitted lol