Thread: Avoiding Achievements So I Don't Level Up Fast

Avoiding Achievements So I Don't Level Up Fast

I'm a fairly new but active player at level 31. At this point my Town Hall informs me I have 30 Achievements I have not collected. The T-cash would be nice, but all the XP will push me up further than I want to go at this point. Other than having a fancier town hall and more T-cash, is there any reason to collect the Achievements?

No, you can keep them un-collected as long as you'd like. The achievements don't influence the gameplay, they're just rewards for various goals.

Thanks, dreadnought. A follow-up question: Let's say the game notifies me I've received a Level II or Level III Achievement. I still haven't claimed the Level I Achievement. Have I forfeited the T-cash for Level I, or will i receive it when I finally collect everything?

Calypso, just for curiosity sake, why don't you want to level up?

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Thanks, dreadnought. A follow-up question: Let's say the game notifies me I've received a Level II or Level III Achievement. I still haven't claimed the Level I Achievement. Have I forfeited the T-cash for Level I, or will i receive it when I finally collect everything?
    Yes, you will be able to collect everything. I'm doing the same as you leveling-up-wise, and i had lots of achievements piled up.
    In the case where you complete more levels of the same achievement, you're first offered to collect level I, and when you do, the next one (level II) will appear again as completed, allowing you to collect it, then the IIIrd. So you're not losing anything .

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    Calypso, just for curiosity sake, why don't you want to level up?
    I don't want to move up in XP that fast. I've been on the game a lot for the past few weeks, and I'm not ready to build the next factory/community building/housing lickety-split. I'm savoring the slightly slower pace, I guess. I plan to collect them at some point, but I'd just rather wait for awhile.
    Last edited by Calypso; 04-24-2018 at 02:29 AM. Reason: added further explanation

Thanks, dreadnought! Just what I needed to know/hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    I'm a fairly new but active player at level 31. At this point my Town Hall informs me I have 30 Achievements I have not collected. The T-cash would be nice, but all the XP will push me up further than I want to go at this point. Other than having a fancier town hall and more T-cash, is there any reason to collect the Achievements?
    My advice is helicopter orders and zoo orders give you the most xp so do so many of those but you won’t make any money. So you choose. I stayed at 300,000 for a week or so until I started doing chopper orders and it shot up quick. You will need a lot of money for factories down the line so be prepared. It’s ok to level up. That’s how you advance. But achievements don’t have anything to do with that. The may give you some xp but I’m sure not much. And they may not give you none at all.

Calypso there is no need to rush constructing any particular building, even if you have reached the level to build it.

However, saving up coins is extremely helpful down the line. The last few factories are very expensive, so you will want to position yourself to make coins quickly as you go.

In the meantime, the tcash from achievements is very helpful, so don't worry about the XP gain by collecting it.

It is true, that especially really on, you do level up faster than what you are prepared to handle. I think at one point I had a dozen community buildings that were constructed, but waiting on tools to finish them. I also delayed building several of the last factories for quite sometime. I think I waited a good six months before I finally built the kitchenware factory. To this day, at level 115, I still have one last community building constructed, but not finished yet.

So, take all the time you want. Focus on upgrading factories and trains. Speed up trains to get tools faster, and upgrade the coin bonus from factories to make helicopter orders more profitable. And don't worry about how fast you level up. The tcash reward for leveling up is pretty handy too.

Leveling up doesn't mean you have to build factories and buildings as soon as they are unlocked, do build at your own pace.