Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is One Person Playing Two Accounts In Same Co-op Considered Cheating?

Is One Person Playing Two Accounts In Same Co-op Considered Cheating?

We have a player that has created a second account on the same platform. They intend to bring that 2nd account into the coop and play two accounts in the regatta.

Is this approach considered cheating by playrix?

I doubt it!

But that's just my opinion.

I've never heard of a rule that says you can't play two different townships.

They advise you not to play two different townships on the same device -- did you mean platform (android/iOS etc) or did you mean device (phone/tablet etc)? That's important advice because you can easily lose one of the townships by mistake. Also, if you are playing two townships on two devices, but using the same Facebook account, you might lose one of them by mistake when the game is loading or the account is synching.

Different townships should be played on different devices using different social media accounts. But I've never seen anywhere that says one person can't operate both accounts. As long as it's not a scam to bypass the gameplay or exploit a glitch!

Here is their FAQ. See what you think.
    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?p=web

See under Game Progress, the advice at end of this question implies you can play a new township on a new device.

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...l-devices&l=en

There are no regatta membership rules that I know of - at least from playrix. Members create their own little rules. Maybe there'll be some players who don't agree with such things but that doesn't matter, it doesn't make it cheating. We are all individuals. We will all have different opinions on how we think a game ought to be played. Personally, I think what your coop member is doing is fine. I wish I had two games. Double the fun!
    Last edited by LifeJacket; 04-14-2018 at 12:40 PM.

I have a second account with a different town on a different devize. however, i wouldnt advise that both towns be in same co op. in golden leaque, it would be extremely difficult for one person to complete the tasks of 2 co ops

Yes! It is presumed that each person has one account, and plays with one account. If you are disguising yourself as two people, then that's your answer. You are DISGUISING it. Meaning you have something to hide.

There are many, many ways to cheat. Blurring the lines between fair play and winning at all costs isn't going to help you. It just shows your inability to play fairly, and you need a crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeJacket View Post
    I doubt it!

But that's just my opinion.

I've never heard of a rule that says you can't play two different townships.

They advise you not to play two different townships on the same device -- did you mean platform (android/iOS etc) or did you mean device (phone/tablet etc)? That's important advice because you can easily lose one of the townships by mistake. Also, if you are playing two townships on two devices, but using the same Facebook account, you might lose one of them by mistake when the game is loading or the account is synching.

Different townships should be played on different devices using different social media accounts. But I've never seen anywhere that says one person can't operate both accounts. As long as it's not a scam to bypass the gameplay or exploit a glitch!

Here is their FAQ. See what you think.
    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?p=web

See under Game Progress, the advice at end of this question implies you can play a new township on a new device.

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...l-devices&l=en

There are no regatta membership rules that I know of - at least from playrix. Members create their own little rules. Maybe there'll be some players who don't agree with such things but that doesn't matter, it doesn't make it cheating. We are all individuals. We will all have different opinions on how we think a game ought to be played. Personally, I think what your coop member is doing is fine. I wish I had two games. Double the fun!
    He said IN THE SAME COOP. That's cheating, because you're misrepresenting fairplay. Honeslly, do you lie, cheat, and steal, too?

How is this cheating sweetcakes? This person will be doing 30-32 task themselves per Regatta. Picking from the same board, waiting for the same task to refresh. If anything they are making life more stressful for themselves taking on the roll of an additional player that the other team actually has. They are wearing themselves thin. I’m not seeing how it qualifies as cheating? The whole team knows that this other town would be belonging to the same member. Doesn’t sound deceptive at all. There’s no lying, cheating, or stealing involved. The only benefit I see would be that person will be able to swap coin balloon/gifts between his/her two towns and make a few coins each day. Lol! Again, please tell me how this would qualify as cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCakes View Post
    Yes! It is presumed that each person has one account, and plays with one account. If you are disguising yourself as two people, then that's your answer. You are DISGUISING it. Meaning you have something to hide.

There are many, many ways to cheat. Blurring the lines between fair play and winning at all costs isn't going to help you. It just shows your inability to play fairly, and you need a crutch.
    He said IN THE SAME COOP. That's cheating, because you're misrepresenting fairplay. Honeslly, do you lie, cheat, and steal, too?
    It doesn't seem as though anyone is trying to "disguise" themselves or deceive anyone based on the info the OP provided. While I'm sure the majority of players of this game only have one account, there is a small minority that wants the opportunity to design and play two different towns. As far as I know, Playrix has never said that this is against their terms or service or considered cheating.

I don't understand how having one person operating two different towns in the same co-op violates fair play. Can you provide a better explanation? As long as that person is actively playing the game themselves (not using any computer programs or third party software to run the town), then they are playing fairly. It would be no different then if 2 different people were playing those 2 towns. In fact, I can only imagine it would require WAY more effort for a single person to control 2 towns in the regatta (certainly not an easy feat).

Having one more town in your co-op doesn't give you any advantage when racing because you are paired with teams that have the same amount of active racers. So if they are a 10 town co-op, they will be paired with other co-ops with 10 racers. What's the difference if the 10 towns are being played by 10 different people or 9 different people (with 1 person running 2 towns)? Both have the same max score possible.

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, the same player, playing two different devices, both android, sorry for the confusion.

I have no objection if the person wants to try, just want to be certain playrix does not flag it as a cheat.

I have also asked friends who have been playing for long time, 2 yrs, and they have tried and playrix did not flag as a cheat. The problem, as others observed is the pressure on the task pool, whihc increases with every player added to a coop., as well as the personal burden to the player holding the two accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hitchcock View Post
    Thanks for the replies. To clarify, the same player, playing two different devices, both android, sorry for the confusion.

I have no objection if the person wants to try, just want to be certain playrix does not flag it as a cheat.

I have also asked friends who have been playing for long time, 2 yrs, and they have tried and playrix did not flag as a cheat. The problem, as others observed is the pressure on the task pool, whihc increases with every player added to a coop., as well as the personal burden to the player holding the two accounts.
    There is nothing about the practice of multiple towns played by one individual in a single coop that goes against Playrix’s fair play policy. I am sure that in many large successful coops, 30 towns are often played by fewer than 30 individual people. I am impressed by anyone who can handle 32 or 48 or 64 regatta tasks in the same time it takes me to do 16, and happy to race either alongside or against them.

Garvie
    Givers Only Coop

I don’t know why you think a player with two towns would be using some kind of disguise. The poster knows that he has a member who wants to try it, so nothing is being hidden. If you scan the leaderboard teams, you will often see repeats of names and avatars so that everyone knows that so and so is also playing her second or third Town. Being able to play more than one Town is a big advantage for your team if you are short players for the race. It just means that the person playing two towns has to do twice the amount of work as people only playing one Town.

Garvie