Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Aerial Challenge Event: General Questions & Opinions

How come I was top in the aerial challenge for ages but now fully upgraded I can’t get passed 1300 ft but was getting 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by New_Town View Post
    The airplane event this time appears much conservative on distances one can fly. I have been doing 1800-2200 feet regularly. Last time I was able to cross 3000 with ease.

What I don't like about this event is that all you need is one good run to beat others. Consistency is not as important.
    I agree..... My best is 2086 in my group which is good enough for first place, at the moment. Someone only needs to get one good run to beat me. I have numerous 1900 + runs which account for absolutely nothing, ν ½νΈ³

This is the first time I've done the aerial challenge event, and I think it may be the most relaxing. I love watching my little plane upgrade (was a tad diappointed there was no final evolution at max upgrade though).

Usually to win an event I need to play constantly every day, which can become a bit of a grind, especially for the longer events, so I like that the requirements are quite different for the aerial event - even if I don't have much confidence I'll win this time!
    πŸ™ˆ Town: Philippolis πŸ™ˆ
    🌴 Level: 75 🌴
    πŸ™‰ Zoo Animals: 120 πŸ™‰
    🏞 Co-op: Helpful/Regatta (#hem99d) 🏞
    πŸ™Š Platform: Android πŸ™Š

Just noticed a nice feature of this event. As you complete the upgrades, the "hardware components" (springs, bolts, gears) stop offering things you no longer need. So the last few upgrades go pretty quickly, in my case only Bolts appeared since I had enough of the other things.

Finally, once you've completed all the upgrades, the only things in the sky are the stars which makes collecting the rewards easier too. Well, there's still the batteries and magnets but no junk to get in the way of collecting stars.

That's a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Just noticed a nice feature of this event. As you complete the upgrades, the "hardware components" (springs, bolts, gears) stop offering things you no longer need. So the last few upgrades go pretty quickly, in my case only Bolts appeared since I had enough of the other things.

Finally, once you've completed all the upgrades, the only things in the sky are the stars which makes collecting the rewards easier too. Well, there's still the batteries and magnets but no junk to get in the way of collecting stars.

That's a nice touch.
    Could be my imagination, but there appear to be MORE stars once the tools disappear. Also, seems to be fewer magnets and batteries, but it could be the configuration changes from before, so I must learn a new set of "maps." I count about 5 or 6 random configurations when the tools are still needed.

My opinion!
    Vincent
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I totally agree - low and flat. The first few days I concentrate on upgrading the plane and ignore the distance. The last couple of days I go for distance - only move up or down if there is a fuel cell within reach.

I don't think you have much chance of winning unless your plane is upgraded as much as possible, though of course it depends on who you're racing against. I'm third in my group at the moment - no idea how - I suddenly managed to go 500m further than my previous best without even noticing, so I think luck/chance comes into as well!
    I also agree with low and flat, however, you need to to tap more to keep the plane airborne and avoid hitting the ground. Seems since I fully upgraded the fuel runs out sooner. I hit my best which is 2086 but I don’t remember how I did it...lol.

I cannot open the Aerial Event, it is stuck on the screen to either Skip or Replay the tutorial. I have tried clearing cache, reinstalling, and other devices all to no avail. I have opened a support request three days ago with zero response. Please help!!!!

I love the aerial challenge. However, I noticed recently that after acquiring 4 fuel cells in a row, my plane immediately goes down. Why?

I am currently in the 2nd place with 2176 ft. I really think this event is based on your luck. another 6 days to go... uhh

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye 57 View Post
    Could be my imagination, but there appear to be MORE stars once the tools disappear. Also, seems to be fewer magnets and batteries, but it could be the configuration changes from before, so I must learn a new set of "maps." I count about 5 or 6 random configurations when the tools are still needed.

My opinion!
    Vincent
    Quoting one's self is gauche, but this is to offer correction! After flying several times without the tools in the way, I am happy to say that the batteries and magnets are still where they were before, so the chance to better your distance is reasonably offered by the game.
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J