Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 3rd Aerial Challenge Event: General Questions & Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Sp8rk3y View Post

Yeah reaching personal rewards is easy, I already opened mystery chest 5 times already and still 4 days to go lol.
    SAME! I'm actually banking quite a bit of tcash just by pumping out the general fuel goods requested and having fun flying.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post
    I didn't notice a pattern for the fuel cans, but notice that now I'm fully upgrade and just flying for distance, I'm not seeing nearly as many fuel cans. Cant go distance without them.

My top distance is 2190 and I got it before I was fully upgraded but haven't hit it since. Since being fully upgraded I haven't managed to get past 1800 distance!

I've thought all along that it was just plain (or plane?) luck and not strategy. I've tried flying high, middle and low with no difference.

Anyway, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. If I remember correctly, we used to get Boosts as rewards and now Zoo cards? I much prefer getting the boosts so not really playing this event a lot.

Well, not a lot for me. Completed event and I think already had 6 chests to open. But, I'm winding down on it and not going to make any more fuel. Will just play what I have and call it a day.
    JustJan.. That’s exactly what I’m saying!! I hit my high score before being fully upgraded. Now I can’t get close, no matter how hard I try.

Yes.. The rewards use to be boosters. Now zoo cards (bah humbug!). I, too, would rather have boosters especially since you can’t buy some of them. I really hope they bring boosters back (it would be even better if we could earn them in game too!!)
    TOWN NAME: Laurie’s Land
    CO-OP: Seas The Moment
    CO-OP TAG: #SE6HJM

”Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it's fake."
    People can make anything "appear" to be a certain way. Always be happy with what YOU have! The alternative is never better!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Finally, once you've completed all the upgrades, the only things in the sky are the stars which makes collecting the rewards easier too. Well, there's still the batteries and magnets but no junk to get in the way of collecting stars.

That's a nice touch.
    I just noticed this too as I have just finished all the upgrades. Am I mistaken or did we get a payout after the event for all the extra hardware we accumulated? I think we did. In that case, not such a nice touch, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Port Hope View Post
    I just noticed this too as I have just finished all the upgrades. Am I mistaken or did we get a payout after the event for all the extra hardware we accumulated? I think we did. In that case, not such a nice touch, imo.
    Well, in my opinion, collecting stars faster gets me to the reward chest lottery faster. I must have opened 6 so far. 2 of the 3 chests contain T-Cash in varying amounts (3T, 4T, 6T so far). That's way better than the few coins I'd get for left over gears, bolts, and springs.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, in my opinion, collecting stars faster gets me to the reward chest lottery faster. I must have opened 6 so far. 2 of the 3 chests contain T-Cash in varying amounts (3T, 4T, 6T so far). That's way better than the few coins I'd get for left over gears, bolts, and springs.
    I've opened 7 chests so far and the first two were animal cards (surprise!) and the rest T-Cash.

I admit that the post event payout for this event based on bolts, etc. isn't great. On the other hand I have gotten quite a nice payout in the last two cooking events and I just hope they aren't going to mess with that. I'm worried that they are setting a new precedent here.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post
    I didn't notice a pattern for the fuel cans, but notice that now I'm fully upgrade and just flying for distance, I'm not seeing nearly as many fuel cans. Cant go distance without them.

My top distance is 2190 and I got it before I was fully upgraded but haven't hit it since. Since being fully upgraded I haven't managed to get past 1800 distance!

I've thought all along that it was just plain (or plane?) luck and not strategy. I've tried flying high, middle and low with no difference.
    When I first maxed-out my plane, and the upgrade tools disappeared, I thought the magnets and batteries became less frequent, and thus tougher to beat my earlier distance. However, after making numerous flights, I found the same 6 or so "maps" of magnets & batteries, so I have been able to improve my distance with a maxed-out plane. It's still not easy because the tools helped identify which "map" I was flying more quickly. I must know the map from the start and know when to move for the closest magnets and batteries to get the best distance. For those still trying, it is a learnable pattern, so don't give up!
    PS, I am far from an expert, so you won't find me on the Global board! Just want fellow players to keep trying and enjoying the event!

Vincent
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

I enjoyed the aerial challenge and liked that it gave me rewards along the way. I ended up scoring 2nd highest in my group but I had upgraded almost everything. I am not sure I actually made any tcash because I spent a lot upgrading my plane. Anyway, it was fun....
    TOWN NAME: Beckyville
    CO-OP: Team Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Beckyville View Post
    I enjoyed the aerial challenge and liked that it gave me rewards along the way. I ended up scoring 2nd highest in my group but I had upgraded almost everything. I am not sure I actually made any tcash because I spent a lot upgrading my plane. Anyway, it was fun....
    at least for this event, you could upgrade plane to max without tcash in just few days of moderate playing. That's what I did, I even had an impression that these upgrades were too easy
    Level: 76