Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Aerial Challenge Event: General Questions & Opinions

3rd Aerial Challenge Event: General Questions & Opinions

---

One more airplane event! A favorite of many.

Feel free to share any queries or thoughts you have here!
    Last edited by Amoria; 04-13-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Tips?

Anyone have tips on how to be where the accelerator cans are in the air? I always seem to be too high or too low & run out too soon. Thx

Twice now when I have collected fuel I have not received credit. The first time I dismissed thinking I counted wrong. The second time was obvious. I had one fuel and clicked to collect 4 fuel expecting to have collected enough to fly. Still one. Is anyone else having this problem?

Its a task I cannot get on with.

I struggle to get any distance - only gets better with upgrades but I can get no where near the comp leader.

Love to know how that person flew a couple of thousand feet farther than me

Only tips are generally stay flattish and low, use short taps only when totally necessary (ie don’t go too far out of your way for a fuel cell), and try to remember the patterns since they do repeat. Some do runs for upgrade bits and max distance separately. Some swear by keeping your eyes on the far right of the screen to have more time to respond. Some just take it as it comes and get randomly lucky now and again. But that’s kind of it really.

As for how the highest scorers manage it, nobody knows but them I don’t think, same as every event. I very much do it just for the personal achievements and the fun of it. A win is always nice if it comes as a painless side-effect, but I’m not spending tcash to chase one.

Cheers, I have never spent a single penny of real money on this game.

Have learned that its wise never to join a competition challenge in the first day. I always wait 24 hours before completing a first level and getting into a comp with rivals

Competition you are up against are not so committed to the race

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Only tips are generally stay flattish and low, use short taps only when totally necessary (ie don’t go too far out of your way for a fuel cell), and try to remember the patterns since they do repeat. Some do runs for upgrade bits and max distance separately. Some swear by keeping your eyes on the far right of the screen to have more time to respond. Some just take it as it comes and get randomly lucky now and again. But that’s kind of it really.

As for how the highest scorers manage it, nobody knows but them I don’t think, same as every event. I very much do it just for the personal achievements and the fun of it. A win is always nice if it comes as a painless side-effect, but I’m not spending tcash to chase one.
    I totally agree - low and flat. The first few days I concentrate on upgrading the plane and ignore the distance. The last couple of days I go for distance - only move up or down if there is a fuel cell within reach.

I don't think you have much chance of winning unless your plane is upgraded as much as possible, though of course it depends on who you're racing against. I'm third in my group at the moment - no idea how - I suddenly managed to go 500m further than my previous best without even noticing, so I think luck/chance comes into as well!

Since flying in the first one I've thought it would be nice if there was some kind of "bubble" around the plane so you could tell how far out from the you could collect things. Maybe something like showing the airflow off the propeller to show how far out it reaches as you upgrade. Sometimes it seems like I should be close enough to grab an item but alas it stays hanging in the air.

I'm going to start playing the event tomorrow...I plan on making a bunch of the event items today in my factories. Usually there is one event item that never seems to be asked for when creating fuel. Anyone experiencing that this time around and willing to share which item it is? Not sure if it varies by player?

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    I'm going to start playing the event tomorrow...I plan on making a bunch of the event items today in my factories. Usually there is one event item that never seems to be asked for when creating fuel. Anyone experiencing that this time around and willing to share which item it is? Not sure if it varies by player?
    Not sure either if it's the same for all players, but for me this time is the airplane cookie made in the bakery. Have tons of them, and the fuel never asks for them (while it's constantly asking for the other 3 special items).
    Last edited by dreadnought; 04-15-2018 at 10:27 PM.