Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Level Too Difficult

I'm still playing, but there have been some levels where I've been close to quitting, and I agree completely with how stingy the game is. I did quit Fishdom because of its stinginess and difficulty, and I wouldn't be surprised if I quit Gardenscapes for the same reason at some time. At least for me, these are supposed to be casual games, where the fun is building things (gardens, fish tanks), and once the barriers to doing so become too high, I'll just switch. It's not like there aren't tons of games available.

I believe the term for this kind of game is pay to win.

And that's why they won't change anything major......

Previous threads pointing this out to Playrix have mysteriously been deleted so my apologies if the same thing happens here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedBoy View Post
    I believe the term for this kind of game is pay to win.

And that's why they won't change anything major......

Previous threads pointing this out to Playrix have mysteriously been deleted so my apologies if the same thing happens here.
    No threads have been deleted. They may have been moved or archived. Everybody who plays this game chooses to do so. No money is taken unless a player chooses to purchase in-game items. This game is not an easy game by any means but it is not impossible, even without spending any money, as many players have stated. The threads from the beginning of this Forum became irrelevant as developers acted on the feedback that was given to them by players here. Some games don't suit everybody. If you want to see results quickly, then this is probably not the game for you. If you enjoy a challenge and are able to leave the game when it gets tough and come back to it fresh, then it can be very enjoyable, as I have found.

Bottom line the thread is no longer available for people to read or respond too.

It was a new thread crested for that topic, people were still responding to it and no bad language etc had been used so I see no reason for it disappearing.

Unless some of the comment's were close to the truth.....

Just to clarify I am university educated to a high level so have no issues with a challenge and a very good friend of mine works in game development for a large global organisation so I have a bit of an insight into how these games work.

Playrix have already stated that they don't want people to Finnish the game too quickly and fail a level a couple of times and you are then constantly prompted to buy boosts......didn't the government ban tobacco adverts for a similar reason in that you were being encouraged to buy something that was potentially bad for you? Or does game addiction work differently? By the time people pay for boosts we have already been drawn into the game and wish to complete it.

To be fair however your advert does say playable by all......it says nothing about winnable!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedBoy View Post
    Bottom line the thread is no longer available for people to read or respond too.

It was a new thread crested for that topic, people were still responding to it and no bad language etc had been used so I see no reason for it disappearing.

Unless some of the comment's were close to the truth.....

Just to clarify I am university educated to a high level so have no issues with a challenge and a very good friend of mine works in game development for a large global organisation so I have a bit of an insight into how these games work.

Playrix have already stated that they don't want people to Finnish the game too quickly and fail a level a couple of times and you are then constantly prompted to buy boosts......didn't the government ban tobacco adverts for a similar reason in that you were being encouraged to buy something that was potentially bad for you? Or does game addiction work differently? By the time people pay for boosts we have already been drawn into the game and wish to complete it.

To be fair however your advert does say playable by all......it says nothing about winnable!
    Hi BlueEyedBoy, can I ask which thread you are referring to? Also, the advert has nothing to do with this Forum as we are all Players here.

Hyacinth I see that you reply to all these complaints but answer me this:do these complaints get to someone who can do something about it? Or is your purpose just to pacify complainers and the company has no intention of changing anything? Is there a better method to communicate with someone who can do something?

Quote Originally Posted by psue321 View Post
    Hyacinth I see that you reply to all these complaints but answer me this:do these complaints get to someone who can do something about it? Or is your purpose just to pacify complainers and the company has no intention of changing anything? Is there a better method to communicate with someone who can do something?
    Yes, Nataly from Playrix visits the Forum and in the meantime I send her links to the threads that are requiring her attention such as this one, which I sent her this morning.

My purpose as a volunteer moderator for the Forum is to help fellow players to participate in this community. I play all three games. I played all the Fishdom and Gardenscapes PC games before finding Township. My role is to try and keep the Forum accessible to the members, not to pacify. When I post about playing Gardenscapes and not spending money, this is based on player feedback and my own experience. I have restarted my game when the changes started to be implemented, and I could see the difference in the lower requirement of stars for a lot of tasks. It is not a game for everybody and this is not based on intellect or intelligence but rather the person's aims in playing this and other similar games.

As for communicating with someone who can do something, there is an ideas and suggestions in the Gardenscapes Help and Support/Feedback in the games setting menu. Perhaps that may be better than writing similar posts all over the Forum about a game that you choose to play. Players come on to the Forum looking for help regarding their devices or the game. It would be nice if that assistance was taken into consideration too.

I too went out of my way to make suggestions. I have been a gamer since M.U.L.E. and still love to PLAY any good game. There is good mix a game needs to keep interest, challange, fun, and reward. both Gardenscapes and fishdom come close, but difficult levels with no reward, makes for boring, mindless, pointless repetition. I always spend to support developers of games that are fun. Done with playrix.

Stuck for weeks at level 196, not even close to completing this timed level with every bomb and booster possible. Too many rocks in the top corners, the bombs fall and so it is impossible to break them. If you do get lucky enough to break them you run out of time. So if none of the boosters can help my only alternative is to delete game. 900coins for an extra 30 seconds is a waste of money.

How is level 196 even possible?

Hi guys!

Please note that all our players' feedback is being noticed and gathered for the developers to consider while bringing changes to the game. At the moment a lot of levels are being redesigned and re-watched in order to make them easier for players and more beatable. We had a few instances recently when we received too many complaints about some levels being completely unbalanced - an all of those levels were swiftly corrected. Granted, there're a lot of them now that are still highly challenging, but with a few tries and boosters you get with Daily bonus you can believe me they are indeed beatable. Need more lives to have more tries? You can find friends here or on Facebook. More lives give you more chances at beating any level.

So, to conclude it: this is not the easiest game, but we make it easier with time. Just stay tuned and don't give up trying!