Thread: A Taste of Zombie

A Taste of Zombie

This week I experienced the thrill of racing in the Wooden League as a solo racer for the first time in years. I know what you are thinking; “Wait a minute, that’s what you do in the inter-seasonal week isn’t it?” And you are correct there.

In my case this was necessitated by a Co-op name change. As you know, you have to start over to change your Co-op name. It seemed to me the best week to do this is Week 3 of the Seasonal Regatta rhythm. When you consider it, you will see that you get in 3 races by the time the next season starts and you will be in Silver League. After two weeks of the current season, you will about have all of the Seasonal Regattaware that your heart desires anyway, if you went into the season with a stash of tokens.

So, there I was facing the storied Zombie racers! And there were in fact 7 Zombies. But starting out, I got quite a scare as there were three racers who were doing 135’s. Wait a minute, according to Garvie this isn’t supposed to happen! What if these were good racers and somehow I had to race in Wooden League a second time. “Hey did you hear about Cobalt, he couldn’t make a top 3 in Wooden League!” Te he Te he Ba Ha Ha Ha Ba Ha Ha Ha!!! Imagine my shame.

But it soon became apparent that was not to be. I finished 8 tasks in just under 4 hours with a 1st place. Probably not a good score for Wooden League Zombie Racing, but in my defense I was at work and though Civil Service, I actually do work.

I found the whole exercise to be a welcome change of pace after the grind of doing Regattas with a team and the starvation diet of perfect tasks. And even more so because I typically only do the loathsome tasks to help the team out. In my Zombie race I did 3 HOL’s, Helicopter, zoo, 2 Picks, and a Combo. It was like, …..like, … a woman of refinement who went on a camping trip for a week and then getting to take a hot bath upon returning. Yes it was.

So, in summary it was good fun, and you are done for the week. Having only three (3) 135’s on the task board is not an issue for solo racers. If you are looking for a change of pace in the inter-seasonal week, patch in with Garvie on the next Zombie affair.
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 04-07-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    This week I experienced the thrill of racing in the Wooden League as a solo racer for the first time in years. I know what you are thinking; “Wait a minute, that’s what you do in the inter-seasonal week isn’t it?” And you are correct there.

In my case this was necessitated by a Co-op name change. As you know, you have to start over to change your Co-op name. It seemed to me the best week to do this is Week 3 of the Seasonal Regatta rhythm. When you consider it, you will see that you get in 3 races by the time the next season starts and you will be in Silver League. After two weeks of the current season, you will about have all of the Seasonal Regattaware that your heart desires anyway, if you went into the season with a stash of tokens.

So, there I was facing the storied Zombie racers! And there were in fact 7 Zombies. But starting out, I got quite a scare as there were three racers who were doing 135’s. Wait a minute, according to Garvie this isn’t supposed to happen! What if these were good racers and somehow I had to race in Wooden League a second time. “Hey did you hear about Cobalt, he couldn’t make a top 3 in Wooden League!” Te he Te he Ba Ha Ha Ha Ba Ha Ha Ha!!! Imagine my shame.

But it soon became apparent that was not to be. I finished 8 tasks in just under 4 hours with a 1st place. Probably not a good score for Wooden League Zombie Racing, but in my defense I was at work and though Civil Service, I actually do work.

I found the whole exercise to be a welcome change of pace after the grind of doing Regattas with a team and the starvation diet of perfect tasks. And even more so because I typically only do the loathsome tasks to help the team out. In my Zombie race I did 3 HOL’s, Helicopter, zoo, 2 Picks, and a Combo. It was like, …..like, … a woman of refinement who went on a camping trip for a week and then getting to take a hot bath upon returning. Yes it was.

So, in summary it was good fun, and you are done for the week. Having only three (3) 135’s on the task board is not an issue for solo racers. If you are looking for a change of pace in the inter-seasonal week, patch in with Garvie on the next Zombie affair.
    Hey, no fair jumping the queue!

It is fun tho isn’t it. I have been starting over from scratch and racing back up to gold for months now (except this month, which finds me back with givers). I go from wood in off season to gold by the end of the season over and over and never miss the decor I want. I think I like steel the best, as just the right amount of tasks to get done in one sitting.

Wood and copper can be very errr lonely, except for next week.

See you there Slug man
    Zombie Garvie