Thread: Memories of special Harvest Festivals :)

Memories of special Harvest Festivals :)

With the new Event, my memories of times at school during this season came f!ooding back to me. My sib!ings and I went to the local Primary School, round the corner, where my parents still !ive. Every year, we wou!d bring in non-perishable food items to donate to go into boxes for !ocal older people. When I used to walk to the local shop, there was a lovely old lady who used to wave to me as I passed her window. Her name was Mrs Twinkle. So when we were given a chance to nominate a person for a box, I knew exactly who I wanted to choose. Needless to say, Mrs Twinkle agreed that she would like to receive a box, so every year I would take her a box and every year I would invite her as my guest to the special Christmas dinner we had at school.

Sadly, all of the older people in the community that I grew up in, have long since passed away. But I remember them a!l, especially Mrs Twinkle with great fondness.
    Last edited by hyacinth; 11-17-2016 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Typo

Oh Hyacinth, what a lovely story! I wish I had known a Mrs Twinkle! I did have a Mrs Bullion who I visited every school holiday though as a small child. I would have tea, (as in tea, sandwiches and cakes), we would play board games and she would always send me home with a present. Thank you for this thread, I hadnt thought of her in a long while, its brought a smile to my face!
    Last edited by Ann; 11-17-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 162

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    Oh Hyacinth, what a lovely story! I wish I had known a Mrs Twinkle! I did a Mrs Bullion who I visited every school holiday though as a small child. I would have tea, (as in tea, sandwiches and cakes), we would play board games and she would always send me home with a present. Thank you for this thread, I hadnt thought of her in a long while, its brought a smile to my face!
    Aw Ann, your Mrs Bullion sounds just like my Mrs Twinkle It is amazing how many of these precious memories we have stored away, just waiting for that little nudge to appear again, as if it was just yesterday. I'm so pleased you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed remembering that time

Oh I remember primary school harvest festivals too. We were asked to bring in tinned food that would be given to local elderly people. I didn't have a Mrs Twinkle, but there was a Derby & Joan place near our school, and I remember our class trooping round there with some food. Those poor seniors probably had to endure us singing "We plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land" every blinking year LOL. Nice to remember this, cheers Hyacinth