Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 29.03 The Making of: Aquariums

Thanks for this! You guys all do a great job - but, a couple things. You mention each aquarium has about 20 special decorations. Well, the Wild West only has 14 measly ones! There isn’t even a handsome cowboy! Any chance of adding some new ones? I hate to just keep adding bushes to get my 3 stars! And a suggestion ~ how about a 19th Century England. Think Jane Austen. With the fashion and manors, it would be awesome. Just my 2 cents worth of fish food!

Thanks for sharing the process of what becomes the game of Fishdom. It seems quite complex and time consuming.

- I'd LOVE to have another CATEGORY or two in the store. (Perhaps flowers <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:14.042303172737954% 0.05875440658049354%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f337"></span></span>or sea creatures <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:26.02820211515864% 12.044653349001175%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f419"></span></span> <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:26.02820211515864% 50%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f42c"></span></span> <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:26.02820211515864% 30.0235017626322%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f422"></span></span> <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:26.02820211515864% 40.0117508813161%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f427"></span></span> <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:26.02820211515864% 63.98354876615746%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f433"></span></span> <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:24.030552291421856% 87.95534665099882%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f40c"></span></span> please.)

- It would be nice to be able to choose our power-ups during the game.

- How about an Ocean Obstacle Course Aquarium with caves, sea creatures, drift wood, boats, buoys, lighthouses ...?

- You work so hard on designing decorations so please try to solve the issue of OVERCROWDING in order to earn stars. Just make the decorations more expensive. (I also enjoy designing my aquariums and put a lot of time into them so I want them to look nice. <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_32.png);background-position:14.042303172737954% 4.054054054054054%;background-size:5418.75% 5418.75%" data-codepoints="1f339"></span></span>)

Thank you.

Thanks for all the info. So much time and effort, just so I can have a fun experience a few times a day! Guess these people have to be paid, so I don’t mind spending a bit on diamonds. So far no ads either, which I love. Keep designing cute fishies!

Thank you for letting us have a glimpse behind the scenes. This was fascinating! I absolutely love every facet of Fishdom, and I play it daily. I’m at the top level now and eagerly await new levels. I also want to thank you for saving my sanity during hurricane Irma last year. I played almost constantly for three days straight as we waited for the storm to hit us in Central Florida. And as the fierce winds raged, this game gave me a focus other than the anxiety I felt. Other than some minor flooding and needing a new roof, we weathered the storm intact. Kudos to your entire staff for their creativity and keen attention to detail. Your whimsical characters never fail to make me smile. 😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuba Mashkarina View Post
    We all know that Fishdom is all about amazing aquariums. Which is probably why you always ask so many questions about them: When will the next aquarium be released? Why is it taking so long? Whats so difficult about it? My fish could do it faster! Well, you can finally relax we have prepared a whole behind-the-scenes article telling you how new aquariums full of life and beautiful decorations are born into the world of Fishdom!

The key is always the right team. Usually, about twenty people work on the creation of an aquarium. Game designers and producers brainstorm ideas and come up with the setting, while animators, 2D, concept, and technical artists, bring these ideas to life.

But first thing's first. The concept for aquariums is born in game designers minds. They usually find inspiration in everyday life. Sometimes they put together things that are totally unrelated in reality. The Wonderland aquarium is a great example you get a chance to explore two imaginary worlds at the same time: the land of the Mad Hatter and the Emerald City! Attending the craziest tea party of your life after taking a walk down the Yellow Brick Road could it get any cooler?

After game designers come up with the concept, they discuss it with the team of lead artists and the producer and to work out the details. Once they're done, they move on to creating the main elements of the aquarium the background, its icon in the menu and, of course, an entire set of decorations, which are the main feature of any aquarium. There are up to twenty of them in each fish tank, so developing them is a very complicated task, which is why we're super thorough with it.

The same process that the development of the aquarium goes through also applies to decorations. With only one exception the concept is created by a single person! Once it's ready, the rest of the team steps in to discuss every item of decor in detail its background story, how to animate it, and any possible improvements. No wonder they say that truth is born of arguments, and the result is usually much better than the initial idea! This process usually takes a few days, but sometimes it can drag for weeks, but only because quality is our top priority!

At this stage, our artists get down to business. Not only do they think about the visual image itself, but also about how it will match the overall atmosphere of the aquarium. At this point, the item can sometimes go through drastic changes. They are very scrupulous with the process to ensure every single detail is just right.

After that, the artists hand over the 2D model of the decoration to the animators. Their job is to bring it to life, so it evokes emotions in our players, even the simplest decoration like a flower bed! Animators are incredibly creative people and can sometimes get carried away, so they're always in touch with the game designers who help to keep things balanced - we don't want to see a tsunami every time we tap a decoration, right?... Or do we? Once everyone is satisfied with the outcome, the animation has to be approved by the producer.

It doesn't even end there! One of the loveliest parts of our game is when your cute little fish talk to you, reacting to everything you do for example getting a new aquarium. We have a team of three game designers that work on fishes' lines. They develop dialogue ideas and write phrases, so your finned friends are ready to welcome you with those catchy lines on-screen!

The last but not the least in this process are our programmers. These masters of code work all those ones and zeros like little puppets in order to put all the pieces together, so you can enjoy a seamless gaming experience. They make fish swim and talk to you, add new decorations to the store, give you the chance to relocate and enlarge them, switch tanks... And all this happens on your device! It's like magic!

As you can see, the process of creating an aquarium is time- and energy-consuming, yet also incredibly fascinating. We're very happy that you're loving the game and can assure you that we'll do everything possible to keep bringing you loads of fun with each and every update! Stay tuned!

Por favor podrían hacer una pecera de Mi México querido sería hermoso porque tenemos

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy Bailey View Post
    Hi, how about a horror themed tank? A lot of people have friended me on fishdom, and now my game is crashing.. can you have too many friends? Thank you

Really trying hard to get to New level

Thank you in love with fishdom but y we can’t bye lives or dimonds from the coines that we collect

Great game. Have someone figure a way to communicate with your fish

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuba Mashkarina View Post
    We all know that Fishdom is all about amazing aquariums. Which is probably why you always ask so many questions about them: When will the next aquarium be released? Why is it taking so long? What’s so difficult about it? My fish could do it faster! Well, you can finally relax — we have prepared a whole behind-the-scenes article telling you how new aquariums full of life and beautiful decorations are born into the world of Fishdom!

The key is always the right team. Usually, about twenty people work on the creation of an aquarium. Game designers and producers brainstorm ideas and come up with the setting, while animators, 2D, concept, and technical artists, bring these ideas to life.

But first thing's first. The concept for aquariums is born in game designers’ minds. They usually find inspiration in everyday life. Sometimes they put together things that are totally unrelated in reality. The Wonderland aquarium is a great example — you get a chance to explore two imaginary worlds at the same time: the land of the Mad Hatter and the Emerald City! Attending the craziest tea party of your life after taking a walk down the Yellow Brick Road — could it get any cooler?

After game designers come up with the concept, they discuss it with the team of lead artists and the producer and to work out the details. Once they're done, they move on to creating the main elements of the aquarium — the background, its icon in the menu and, of course, an entire set of decorations, which are the main feature of any aquarium. There are up to twenty of them in each fish tank, so developing them is a very complicated task, which is why we're super thorough with it.

The same process that the development of the aquarium goes through also applies to decorations. With only one exception — the concept is created by a single person! Once it's ready, the rest of the team steps in to discuss every item of decor in detail — its background story, how to animate it, and any possible improvements. No wonder they say that truth is born of arguments, and the result is usually much better than the initial idea! This process usually takes a few days, but sometimes it can drag for weeks, but only because quality is our top priority!

At this stage, our artists get down to business. Not only do they think about the visual image itself, but also about how it will match the overall atmosphere of the aquarium. At this point, the item can sometimes go through drastic changes. They are very scrupulous with the process to ensure every single detail is just right.

After that, the artists hand over the 2D model of the decoration to the animators. Their job is to bring it to life, so it evokes emotions in our players, even the simplest decoration like a flower bed! Animators are incredibly creative people and can sometimes get carried away, so they're always in touch with the game designers who help to keep things balanced - we don't want to see a tsunami every time we tap a decoration, right?... Or do we? Once everyone is satisfied with the outcome, the animation has to be approved by the producer.

It doesn't even end there! One of the loveliest parts of our game is when your cute little fish talk to you, reacting to everything you do for example getting a new aquarium. We have a team of three game designers that work on fishes' lines. They develop dialogue ideas and write phrases, so your finned friends are ready to welcome you with those catchy lines on-screen!

The last but not the least in this process are our programmers. These masters of code work all those ones and zeros like little puppets in order to put all the pieces together, so you can enjoy a seamless gaming experience. They make fish swim and talk to you, add new decorations to the store, give you the chance to relocate and enlarge them, switch tanks... And all this happens on your device! It's like magic!

As you can see, the process of creating an aquarium is time- and energy-consuming, yet also incredibly fascinating. We're very happy that you're loving the game and can assure you that we'll do everything possible to keep bringing you loads of fun with each and every update! Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie jo lynn clark View Post
    I agree we should be able to buy lives or diamonds with our coins