Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaders Being Able To See Stats Even When Not Racing

Leaders Being Able To See Stats Even When Not Racing

I had to opt out of this race and I AM GOING CRAZY!!
    Leaders should be able to see the statistics, even when not racing. Is the newbie doing tasks? Is the no show last week picking up tasks this week? Will I need to kick them Sunday? My coleader probably wants to kill me lol! Never again will I opt out.

Every time this wish is brought up I have to say ME TOO. Leaders are still leaders even if they aren't racing, and we still need to watch team statistics. I'm opted out this week but fortunately everyone else is elder or higher and they can dump tasks.

I have 3 brilliant co-leaders, but I too wish I could still see what's happening when I'm not racing!

Well, live and learn. I opted out of racing this week. And to my surprise, I can't keep track of anyone, what they are doing in the regatta. At least I can see at the coop building of the help counter. I keep track of people doing helps and participating in the regatta. Well, I won't be opting out of the race again. Would be nice for Leaders and Co-Leaders to see things going on in the regatta, other than the spectator mode of the race.

This feature isn't just real annoying to the leaders, but also to the whole rest of the co-op.
    And I'm still at loss as to why (co-)leaders have to be shut out this way at all, really cannot come up with any explanation, reasonable or else.
    Anything I'm missing here?

Well, logistically speaking, there are a lot of things that you can do on the "Task" tab other than see who has what tasks. I can imagine that the developers thought that to simply deny you access to that tab when you are not racing avoids a lot of other checks.

For example,

Should "non racing" players be able to dump tasks from the board?
    Should "non racing" players be able to reserve tasks in order to "un-reserve" ones reserved against forum rules?

While "yes" is a reasonable answer to either of those for leaders, I can see some co-ops would have problems with elders and co-leaders doing such things. I can also see how it complicates the checking. Simply disabling the "tasks" tab is the easy way out for the developers. Just "graying out" the "Start" button wouldn't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, logistically speaking, there are a lot of things that you can do on the "Task" tab other than see who has what tasks. I can imagine that the developers thought that to simply deny you access to that tab when you are not racing avoids a lot of other checks.

For example,

Should "non racing" players be able to dump tasks from the board?
    Should "non racing" players be able to reserve tasks in order to "un-reserve" ones reserved against forum rules?

While "yes" is a reasonable answer to either of those for leaders, I can see some co-ops would have problems with elders and co-leaders doing such things. I can also see how it complicates the checking. Simply disabling the "tasks" tab is the easy way out for the developers. Just "graying out" the "Start" button wouldn't be enough.

Hm, thought the whole long-living discussion was mainly about leaders who had opted out still can see what's going on in the race, not interact in any way. The latter would make the whole thing more complicated of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    Hm, thought the whole long-living discussion was mainly about leaders who had opted out still can see what's going on in the race, not interact in any way. The latter would make the whole thing more complicated of course.
    Oh, you're right of course. But I was thinking that whenever they answer one wish it gets "one-plussed" to death. If they do let you look in on the race, how far behind will the requests to dump tasks be? It happened with the "reservation wish", now it's exploded into "don't allow anyone to take mine" vs. "it's fine the way it is" vs. "please get rid of it, it's causing chaos in my co-op" vs. yada-yada. So I thought I'd throw out some complications to this "simple wish".

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Oh, you're right of course. But I was thinking that whenever they answer one wish it gets "one-plussed" to death. If they do let you look in on the race, how far behind will the requests to dump tasks be? It happened with the "reservation wish", now it's exploded into "don't allow anyone to take mine" vs. "it's fine the way it is" vs. "please get rid of it, it's causing chaos in my co-op" vs. yada-yada. So I thought I'd throw out some complications to this "simple wish".
    Oh yes, so true ... Nightmares to no end, lol.

But still – ignoring all the horrors the devs have to go through all the time – I say don't leave leaders out in the cold.
    Without them being able to see (almost any of) what's going on in the race, this just defeats the purpose.

Simply add the Statistics button to the already worded Tasks tab for non-racers, the same way that it's still available on the Tasks tab on Mondays in between races. That way, Tasks are not visible nor interactable, only Statistics.

Make it available for everyone to see, not just Leaders.

We're all still part of the co-op, even if going on vacation for a week, or having surgery, or having a really stressful week at work or school prevents us from being able to put in the time and effort to participate in the race that week. We'd still like to check in and see how our fellow team members are faring, not just how our yacht is doing. Our team checks in on other players and weighs in when someone is not participating according to our co-op rules. We also give encouragement to each other as well. It's not just the leader and co-leaders that want to know how the stats are looking.