Thread: Hot products changing too soon

Hot products changing too soon

The hot products in my zoo have changed earlier than it said they would: they should have changed at midnight, and instead they changed around 11pm.

I checked the noticeboard outside the zoo entrance, and it clearly stated that I had over an hour and a half left with the current hot products on sale. I set up my factories etc and set the alarm clock so that I wouldn't miss the deadline so I know that I am correct and that I haven't got confused.

I am in a neck-and-neck race for first place in my regatta, and was actually doing the zoo task when this happened. So I have set up my factories for the products that the noticeboard said were hot, so this seriously hampers me. I can't load the zoo shops with the new hot products as I had set up the necessary factories making other items.

Please can this bug be corrected so that it doesnt happen in future. It might sound like a minor problem, but it can affect regatta placings if someone is doing the zoo task.

Many thanks.

Edit: good grief, they changed AGAIN at midnight!!! So in the hour between the 2 changes I bought new products from the dealer, grew a load of new crops and set up my factories again, only to find I have all the wrong products AGAIN and am further behind in time for my task.
    Last edited by Carole Sunnyside; 11-17-2016 at 12:03 AM.

I think I know what's happening. There are 2 timers that affect the Zoo products.

1) A timer for when the current "hot" products change. This timer is 24 hours long and expires at "Local Midnight" using your computer's time of day. Everybody sees this timer when they tap and hold on the "hot" item on the Zoo order board.

2) A timer for when the entire list of Zoo items changes. This timer is 7 days long and supposedly expires at "Local Midnight" every Thursday (00:00 hours local time). Everybody sees this timer on the top of the Zoo order board. However, it seems that this timer gets messed up by Daylights Savings Time.

I noticed this a few weeks ago when the Hot Products expired at local midnight but the board was due to completely change over at 1AM local time. Today, on my system, both timers have 5 hours remaining (it's 7PM EST) so they appear to be back in synch.

I think that accounts for the discrepancy in expiration times and therefore "Hot" product changeover that affected you.
    Last edited by cdosr; 11-17-2016 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks. yes, that's probably true, but if the noticeboard says that there is a certain amount of time left for the sale, that should be correct.

To change early and then to change again one hour later is just messing up the game for anyone, like me, doing the zoo task at the time. If daylight saving time affects things, then I feel that the game should take account of that, not leave it to saps like me to anticipate what bugs or issues there MIGHT be in the system. There shouldn't be a discrepancy at all.

I've had to spend a lot of T-cash to try and claw back some of the time I have lost by this, and there is no way to report this in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    Thanks. yes, that's probably true, but if the noticeboard says that there is a certain amount of time left for the sale, that should be correct.

To change early and then to change again one hour later is just messing up the game for anyone, like me, doing the zoo task at the time. If daylight saving time affects things, then I feel that the game should take account of that, not leave it to saps like me to anticipate what bugs or issues there MIGHT be in the system. There shouldn't be a discrepancy at all.

I've had to spend a lot of T-cash to try and claw back some of the time I have lost by this, and there is no way to report this in the game.
    Hi Carole. My hot items always change at the same time as I get my daily bonus and my gifts to send to friends.

You can report this, as it does seem unfair, especially when you are relying on things being accurate when you take on a task like this. Even though there is not a category or article specific to this problem in your Help and Support options, you can choose the zoo from the categories, then you should be able to access the contact us icon at the top of your screen.

Hi Hyacinth and thanks for that. I didn't know about the 'Contact us' icon in the top corner, so I will use that to report.

Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    Hi Hyacinth and thanks for that. I didn't know about the 'Contact us' icon in the top corner, so I will use that to report.

Carole
    You are very welcome Carole