Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Might be a stupid question, but can someone explain the shortcut ETA? I don't know what it means

Edit To Add.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Ahhh thanks Nevada!

No worries
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

This little Tavern looks very nice! Sadly the Age of Knights Regatta was before my time Wild West was my first one.
    Would love to have that Building.

That Tavern is cute! It looks kind of Middle Ages to me. I haven't gotten the Regatta decor bug yet, which is probably a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by New_Town View Post

I like to visit other towns and it is quite evident that every person has a unique thumbprint. Every one has a different take on how their town should look.

I would love to hear and learn from other members of the forum about the thought process they go through while designing their towns

Cheers
    I am still working out how I want my town to look. I have lived in both a small town and a big city, so I am incorporating elements of both. I am currently struggling with my housing and how to get it to look okay without it being too jammed up, which it currently is. One side of my river is more small-townish (I don't know if it will stay that way; I would like it to, but we'll see as time goes on) and the other side is more big city-ish. Let's just say the "big city" side is going through growing pains at the moment.

I have seen towns with more water and wider rivers. At some point I would love more water, but I also want to leave a lot of green, so I am not sure I can do both. Time will tell!

I try to do what seems to look right at any given moment; for example, which area to expand-- while still keeping an eye on the bigger picture. Although I just finished jamming several apartment buildings together and am working out what to do with them.

I don't have a solid "big picture" for the big city side of the river, so that is going to be evolving.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 01:32 AM. Reason: correction

My first priority is practicality, I have all factories, crops etc placed in my work area. I cope with 6 of most crops, so my latest design has 6 sugarcane with the sugar factory etc. I require space between my work items, so little fields and few factories touching (till i aquire enough space).
    My city is currently crammed, but my residential area is spaced with school, playground equipment between single story and high rise groups.
    I have restricted myself on greenery until functional coins have been spent.

It's working for me for now. No boubt I will change it around again.

I try hard to not purchase natural pond areas, until last.

Not sure where you're seeing it, but ETA usually means Estimated Time of Arrival. ETD is Estimated Time of Departure.

Also, as explained at the top of this page: ETA found on a forum typically stands for "Edit(ed) to add". Unless maybe on a travel Forum?
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

I have a question townies,
    Is there a town that you've come across that you like the layout? How about sharing it I love looking at towns layouts.
    Have you ever taken anyone's disign idea from their town and used it on your own. How about sharing that.
    Don't forget the CoOp #