Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Co-op Members Stealing Reserved Tasks

  1. #1

    Co-op Members Stealing Reserved Tasks

    Is anyone having this issue? It’s not like I’m reserving a task for a long time, maybe a few hours at most. I find it really irritating actually! I thought if you reserve a task, no one else can take it? If they can, that’s a problem Playrix needs to fix!

  2. #2
    Member Tracyufindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Biggest town near us is Acton Indiana
    Posts
    186
    Happened on my team once by accident. Played won't make so no one can take it though. It took us forever to be able just to reserve it. I just remind everyone in the beginning to make sure it is not reserved before taking a task. Think if it happens to often will set a limit of how many they can take before getting booted

  3. #3
    It happened once or twice in our coop, the first week the feature was out. Once it was because one member hadn't updated so he didn't even know he was picking a reserved task. Other time it was someone that thought the task had been reserved so long it had become available.

    We made the rules clear, and it hasn't happened since. No need to threaten with booting and all. Just a reminder to respect eachother's reservations.

    If you can't get your coop to act up, then it's either time to boot some bad actor(s), find a new coop, or stomach unreliable reservations.


    I for one am glad reservations aren't fixed. It would be a terrible idea if reservations could take the task board hostage. You'd have a whole new set of players complaining.

    But I am missing something when it comes to reservations: Coop (co)-leaders should get notification when players dump/take a task someone else has reserved. So we can identify bad actors when we need to .
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

    Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

  4. #4
    It's been happening in my co-op but no-one would own up. I had my suspicions who it was so demoted them to member. They aren't usually very communicative but soon popped up in the chat box to ask why I'd demoted them. I explained, they still wouldn't admit it, but we haven't had it happen again since!

  5. #5
    Playrix shouldn't have even introduced the reservations in the first place. Reservation pretty much equals drama. Reserving a task and having it sit on the board for hours stalls the race and it is unfair for other members who might have the same item prepared.
    You should come up with very clear rules for reserving to avoid drama like reserve only long crops, or reserve for an hour only, no reserves on HOL or mining tasks, whatever. Or just avoid reservation completely

  6. #6
    Gold Member scorekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    On a Ridge, Southern Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    Playrix shouldn't have even introduced the reservations in the first place. Reservation pretty much equals drama. Reserving a task and having it sit on the board for hours stalls the race and it is unfair for other members who might have the same item prepared.
    You should come up with very clear rules for reserving to avoid drama like reserve only long crops, or reserve for an hour only, no reserves on HOL or mining tasks, whatever. Or just avoid reservation completely
    Playrix shouldn't be putting "restrictions" on reservation. Each co-op should decide a set of reservation guidelines that are agreeable to all members. Then if the guidelines aren't followed, the leader needs to take some sort of action (demoting, etc.) Or perhaps a "no reserving" guideline for some problem co-ops.

    I don't need Playrix telling me how to play my game
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Each co-op should decide a set of reservation guidelines that are agreeable to all members. Then if the guidelines aren't followed, the leader needs to take some sort of action (demoting, etc.) Or perhaps a "no reserving" guideline for some problem co-ops.
    And that's exactly what I was talking about, only referring to the OP. The only restriction Playrix put on reservation is members not allowed to do it, which is unfair in my opinion

  8. #8
    Gold Member scorekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    On a Ridge, Southern Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    And that's exactly what I was talking about, only referring to the OP. The only restriction Playrix put on reservation is members not allowed to do it, which is unfair in my opinion
    Marisa, gotcha...sorry.

    I think the restriction on members status was to avoid "co-op hoppers", kinda a trial period for new members. If the co-op knows the new member, they can be promoted immediately.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

  9. #9
    The reserved tasks are a great idea I think, but it needs streamlining. I think a reserved task should have a time limit before it automatically becomes available again. I know the leader is supposed to lead, but sometimes s/he can’t be available and when someone sits on a reserved House of Luck task for a day or more it’s really annoying.

  10. #10
    We have basic rules in our co-op and the only tasks that can be reserved are boats, crops and factory orders - tasks that need preparing for. Never animal feeds, heli orders, mining, and certainly not HOL! The reserve task function works well if you have a group of people who communicate and respect each other.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •