Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 89 of 89

Thread: Leagues

  1. #81
    Hi WA, and welcome back! hope you've had a good holiday

    Thanks for replying now -- LOL, not bad indeed! IIRC, when I took part I always received one item, which I find a nice idea.
    And youuuu... I just thought, you probably can't get demoted ever again, cos it was so much trouble getting you into that circle at all!


    Quote Originally Posted by WickedAnchusas View Post
    Hi _DD_,
    I went on a 10-day holiday the morning after my last post, so haven't played since then. Opened up the game this morning and found that I'd finished in 57th place of 100 - not bad for no play!. I remained in the Silver League and received a double bomb.

  2. #82
    Well, now I know more about leagues, I'm reporting back for those who don't yet know.

    I played another tournament, finished in ±17 of 100 and got promoted to Gold league. Received 1 booster.
    Played a second tournament, finished ±8 of 100 and got promoted to Emerald league. Received 2 boosters.

    Can't say I'm overwhelmed by the rewards on offer, especially as it takes more than one or two boosters to get that far.
    AND since I've run out of regular games, I can only play treasure chests, where the rewards are paltry and there's no Aquasplash; so it's already much harder to rise though the leagues. i.e. you have to win more games to end up with the same points as someone playing a regular game.
    The rewards may be good for 1st, 2nd or 3rd placement, but anywhere else on table, and it becomes costly. Particularly since you're playing against more seasoned contestants as you rise.
    I think the answer for me, is to dial it down and recognise that I'm paying to play - regardless of win, lose or break even.
    Ah well. We live, and sometimes we learn. :-D

  3. #83
    Another report from the League Front:
    Today I finished 4th in Emerald League. (4th! Gah! So close to a placement). I'm told Emerald is the highest, and so I'm staying there.
    My prize was two boosters. Whoop-de-doo.
    Even more underwhelmed. I've enjoyed the games I've played, but not much incentive to try. FYI.

  4. #84
    Congrats nonetheless, WA! (4th and boosters is not good??)


    Quote Originally Posted by WickedAnchusas View Post
    Another report from the League Front:
    Today I finished 4th in Emerald League. (4th! Gah! So close to a placement). I'm told Emerald is the highest, and so I'm staying there.
    My prize was two boosters. Whoop-de-doo.
    Even more underwhelmed. I've enjoyed the games I've played, but not much incentive to try. FYI.

  5. #85
    Thanks _DD_
    I'm not grumbling (much) as I realise Playrix aren't a charity and it's my choice to play.
    My point really - apart from passing on info - is that once you run out of regular games the only option is to play the treasure chests, and these leave you at a distinct disadvantage:
    With regular games, I win 1,800 - 2,000 coins PER GAME and the odd diamond. And when you gain beauty points, you get boosters and diamonds, too. Also, you get Aquasplash, which credits you for unused bombs and moves, which increase your total gain for the game.
    With treasure chests, you have to play FIFTEEN games and receive - IN TOTAL - about 3,200 coins, 10 diamonds and three boosters.
    There's NO aquasplash or beauty points with the chests, so it's harder to gain coins or pearls or explosions or whatever the tournament is.
    With aquasplash in particular, it's easier to move up the league table, and therefore harder (and more expensive) if you're confined to playing chests.
    To get anywhere up the leagues, you spend plenty of diamonds and boosters; yet the promised rewards don't seem to be there.

    So yes, boosters are good - but I'm still running at a deficit.
    Not complaining, just observing; and trying to learn.

  6. #86
    Hi Wicked,

    I absolutely agree with you and I have a couple of disadvantages to add:

    1) Playing the treasure chests (I call them "repeat levels" for less confusion), you get hard and superhard levels much more frequently than during regular progression of the game

    2) You don't have access to things like Treasure Hunts and Captain Swift chests that provide unlimited lives or the seahorse horseshoes which make life easier

    But indeed, the thing I mind the most is the missing aqua splash and its contribution to bolts/white pearls in tournaments. Yet this is the easiest thing to fix, if only Playrix devs/product managers followed this forum :-)

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedAnchusas View Post
    Thanks _DD_
    I'm not grumbling (much) as I realise Playrix aren't a charity and it's my choice to play.
    My point really - apart from passing on info - is that once you run out of regular games the only option is to play the treasure chests, and these leave you at a distinct disadvantage:
    I think I got it*, more or less, and have read it from others as well. They were not content either, but I have not seen a reply by Playrix, why they made it so. That leaves the feeling they just said, "there's way A or B, and we now simply use A".

    *(I'm somewhere at the start, in comparison have never seen these chests )

    Hope it'll get entertaining for you again, WA. You're just too good!

  8. #88
    Glad I'm not the only one to have noticed, Sky. And yes, I feel I get more hard ones, too. Many of them I remember struggling with first time around.
    I'd thought there was some rhyme or reason to it, but now I think there's some kind of random generator to pick the next game for you, as I had the same game offered to me with only a couple in between. It was a really hard one too, that I didn't enjoy playing any time I've played it.
    Seahorse horseshoes? You're lucky! No idea what they are; never seen them. Mac seems to lag behind other versions.
    I agree - adding Aquasplash doesn't seem beyond the wit of (wo)man to implement as it's already used for those games when you play them first time around.

    _DD_, you get treasure chests when you run out of regular games. They are simply old games in some sort of unnumbered random sequence. But I've never been offered one of the really easy ones from right at the start of the game, so there's some algorithm involved.
    Since the last update when Fairytale Ball opened, some new regular levels have been available, which I've enjoyed playing for a change.

    But the last tournament I finished 5th of 100, remained in Emerald League and received 2 boosters again.
    It tells me that Emerald is the highest league but what about Ruby? This might be another example of Mac versions lagging behind.
    Anyway, I've decided that there's no point trying to rise as only positions 1-3 receive decent rewards. It might even be worth letting yourself fall back through the leagues, so that it's easier to win good prizes, IYSWIM.
    Now I'm just playing for fun, and not worrying about league positions. The pressure's off!

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedAnchusas View Post
    _DD_, you get treasure chests when you run out of regular games. They are simply old games in some sort of unnumbered random sequence. But I've never been offered one of the really easy ones from right at the start of the game, so there's some algorithm involved.
    Since the last update when Fairytale Ball opened, some new regular levels have been available, which I've enjoyed playing for a change.
    Many thanks for the explanation, WA! I had seen the complaints about the treasure chests, but wasn't aware they are simply repetitions.
    Fairytale Ball? lol, sounds like my environment, but I'm still in the first world(s) and will probably never see it.
    So, and Ruby is above Emerald for the other platforms? well, apart from the hope for better prizes - maybe! - what's good in that w/o new levels?


    Quote Originally Posted by WickedAnchusas View Post
    Anyway, I've decided that there's no point trying to rise as only positions 1-3 receive decent rewards. It might even be worth letting yourself fall back through the leagues, so that it's easier to win good prizes, IYSWIM.
    Now I'm just playing for fun, and not worrying about league positions. The pressure's off!
    and right you are I think it might be similar to playing in lower leagues in Township for the regatta: less stress, and more fun, as I'm not playing for the prizes anyway, lol. (although the last ones weren't bad... but I haven't received boosters in any Playrix game since ages!)

    Anyway, good luck and happy gaming!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •