View Poll Results: Should single racer co-op be excluded from leaderboard.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single racers should be excluded from leaderboard

15 65.22%
  • Co-op should be more than 3 racers

2 8.70%
  • Co-op should be more than 5 racers

4 17.39%
  • Co-op should be more than 10 racers

6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Should one-man co-ops be excluded from the Global Leaderboard - Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    Hyacinth (and all other readers)- for the record - this post was not directed to Playrix with the intention to invoke change - though that may come in the future if the poll results are in a majority - but to the players who make up this forum, purely as a discussion topic.
    Surely we as players can discuss different aspects of the game and voice opinions as to what we think works and what doesn't? Some have obviously taken umbrage at my suggestion that ranking single racers alongside a team of 30 is unfair - but we are all entitled to our opinions, and I was interested to hear the opinions of others.
    That's all.
    And with the unresolved technical issues I am still waiting a solution to, I couldn't agree more that there are more important issues that Playrix need to address before I would even think of asking them to be involved with this issue. As I said - it was intended as a general discussion topic among fellow players.
    You are right Lyndie Although don't underestimate the power of a poll. Look how quickly the "start" task confirmation window was introduced Discussions are good and we don't have enough of them. I am as guilty as any of that. I am all for cultivating the joie de vivre in the Forum

There was a military slogan at one time.... Army of One

Leave it as it is....

I really enjoyed racing solo. It was productive for my town with the rewards too. I now race with my future daughter-in-law, so it is different. The week we have tends to depend on her uni life, which of course should come first. I think that the larger co-ops who are very competitive, do deserve to be in with a chance of gaining ground on the leaderboard. My lateral thinming bisn't great at this time of night, but I do like the sound of Cobalt Banana's filter buttons.

Johnalex Zarco
    I dont like to see single player coops in the Global leaderboards. I once saw a 1-man coop in first place, and it was at the end of a regatta. Its unfair to coops like mine full of people fighting to get to the top I believe a coop should be 10 people or more

I agree with Johnalex Zarco. It is not fair to others since in the bigger co-ops we have to manage players, waiting for wanted tasks and dumping them. At the end we get the score on the base of all our scores, while in one member co-op score is a score and player has everything under control. I feel one person co-op has it easier in so many ways: he or she can pick the best tasks, can plan task execution without fearing somebody else will take the wanted tasks away, and don't have to deal with those who don't finish their tasks. So they always get all the points. It is probably quite lonesome doing the race on your own, but it looks like people love it. Global leaderboard is not just for bragging, we can check where our effort has placed us. But I aslo agree with those who are saying there are so many things to be fixed first.

I totally agree with Zarco & COMPLETELY with Ora! It should be fair for all. I get 2160 points every regatta, but I am committed to a Coop of people all tying to do the highest point task that is available. Only to be beaten by a one man Coop, it is very disheartening and makes me and the rest of us think, why bother with Coops at all?? Why don't we all just race against each other as individuals? The way the Coop system is right now, is to many people, simply untenable I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    Hyacinth (and all other readers)- for the record - this post was not directed to Playrix with the intention to invoke change - though that may come in the future if the poll results are in a majority - but to the players who make up this forum, purely as a discussion topic.
    The poll is biased so that wouldn't be a true reflection of what people think if you want a true reflection then you should ask if they should be included as well as excluded.

I'm not sure how it would work making a co-op have a set amount of racers as people come and go and sometimes with the best intentions life gets in the way and people fall out of race half way through.

I think it should be kept as it is, we all enjoy and play it our own way.

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    I don't agree with any of the options on the poll I'm afraid.
    Me either.
    Perhaps we should have a poll about whether it's valid that a yes or no poll question exclude the possibility of answering no.
    I would answer no to both.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Level: 79
    Zoo: 19

One thing that's worth considering, is that for all the players so convinced that one person co-ops have an easier time, it's quite easy for them to check this and form their own one person team. Yet were there a minimum (other than 1), it might be quite challenging for some players to find a co-op opening.
    So it seems to me anyway, that it's more fair leaving it the way it is than instituting an arbitrary minimum members rule so the complainers don't have to choose which matters more to them, their loyalties to their larger co-ops or their bruised egos about their disappointing standings.

Anyway, it's a GAME that we play for fun. If some people think it's more fun to be alone or in a group of 2, it's really their business.
    If it offends you to see them placed on the leaderboard, just add a little asterisk in your mind and tell yourself, you're really better than them, and you, not them are in a "real co-op". Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Me either.
    Perhaps we should have a poll about whether it's valid that a yes or no poll question exclude the possibility of answering no.
    I would answer no to both.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Level: 79
    Zoo: 19
    Hi,
    The poll set up didn't give me a yes/no option, and as my only interest was to see how many people felt, like me, that single racers shouldn't appear on the global leader board, then that is the question I asked. I have no interest in knowing the number of "no's" or "don't cares".
    Others who require different information can set up poll to suit their own requirements.