View Poll Results: Should single racer co-op be excluded from leaderboard.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single racers should be excluded from leaderboard

15 65.22%
  • Co-op should be more than 3 racers

2 8.70%
  • Co-op should be more than 5 racers

4 17.39%
  • Co-op should be more than 10 racers

6 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should one-man co-ops be excluded from the Global Leaderboard - Poll

Should one-man co-ops be excluded from the Global Leaderboard - Poll

A co-op with only one racer is not a "co-op".
    Do you think that co-op's with only one person racing should be excluded from the Global Leaderboard - and how many people do you think constitutes a true "Co-op"?

One definition of co-operative is:

An autonomous association of PERSONS United voluntarily to meet THEIR common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically controlled enterprise.

No clue how 1 person can have a co-op in real life, lol but this a game....

Perhaps we need 2 leaderboards..

I don't agree with any of the options on the poll I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    I don't agree with any of the options on the poll I'm afraid.
    I also do not agree with any of the voting options as it does not also include the option of leaving the single member Co-ops alone.
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 11-15-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Agree with Hyacinth and Cobalt. The poll is skewed towards agreeing with the original poster and can in no way represent a true idea of people's views.

Perhaps the regatta should be thought of as TEAMS racing against each other: teams of single racers and teams of multiple racers, which would be the co-ops.

What have you got against single racers, Lyndie?

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    Agree with Hyacinth and Cobalt. The poll is skewed towards agreeing with the original poster and can in no way represent a true idea of people's views.

Perhaps the regatta should be thought of as TEAMS racing against each other: teams of single racers and teams of multiple racers, which would be the co-ops.

What have you got against single racers, Lyndie?
    How on Earth can you have a team of one? Crazy!

Others have suggested that the leaderboard be broken into "Tiers", Single Racers, Teams of X, Teams of Y, Teams of 30...... Those ideas would be workable and it would satisfy those that believe is a bias towards one size over another ("Smaller Teams are Better", "Bigger Teams are Better", and all flavors in between).

Unfortunately (or not) Playrix has defined a Regatta as a "Team Sport" and the only way to form teams is with "Co-ops". So unless someone is actually proposing that Single Person Co-ops be excluded from the fun and excitement of the Regatta, this is the way it is so let's move on.

PS, I agree with "scorekeeper" on this. Don't try to resolve the real world dictionary definition of "Cooperative" with how the game uses it.
    Last edited by cdosr; 11-15-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added PS.

It seems that some leaderboards are dominated now by single person coops, hence discouraging groups working together. Is this what playrix intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    How on Earth can you have a team of one? Crazy!
    Well call it something else then! It's not crazy at all. I was trying to say that focussing on the word 'co-op' was missing the point, but we can do that equally well with 'teams'. Let's argue semantics or lets play the game.Jeez

It's perfectly valid to have single racers racing other single racers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    Well call it something else then! It's not crazy at all. I was trying to say that focussing on the word 'co-op' was missing the point, but we can do that equally well with 'teams'. Let's argue semantics or lets play the game.Jeez

It's perfectly valid to have single racers racing other single racers.
    But is it valid to have single racers in direct competition against larger teams?