Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Co-op Achievement Badges

The problem is many of these badges need to be completed in a 4 week season or the count resets. The team needs to be willing to do only one kind of task to get them and that can get tedious. Also competitive teams need to be willing to potentially get demoted. It's impossible to only do helicopter tasks of 135 points only for example. You have to be willing to do all heli tasks that pop up and dump everything else. Even 99 point heli tasks.

Level: over 100
    Upgrades: all Trains & Islands 50 percent time. all Factories at 8 shelves
    Zoo: all restaurants purchased

Also I think they missed a great motivational opportunity by making badges and frames need same numbers. They could have made frames require way less to get a "taste" of winning that achievement

Level: over 100
    Upgrades: all Trains & Islands 50 percent time. all Factories at 8 shelves
    Zoo: all restaurants purchased

Quote Originally Posted by Axo View Post
    Also I think they missed a great motivational opportunity by making badges and frames need same numbers. They could have made frames require way less to get a "taste" of winning that achievement
    yup, that sounds like it would have been a good idea!

ShadowRune
    The co op achievements are a great way to mix things up from the weekly regattas. My team and I have found that the seasonal regattas are perfectly balanced for larger co ops, or high level players in groups of 10 or more. Being online is greatly needed for these as our co op on average dumped about 2000 tasks per week to hit slightly above our quota. We finished three days early. Now with this information we took every task that popped up until the last 50 tasks. At this point we became a little picky to compete a little better.

We went into deciding to go for one knowing we wouldn't place in first for those 4 weeks.
    We also went in prepared, everyone being stocked and loaded a week prior.
    We made a forum post declaring positions for TASK Leaders, a name I came up with. These people would be on a lot more refreshing the task board and keeping the rest of our members able to get their tasks selected.
    We went in with a buffer, I can't stress this importance. Use 5 of your members as a buffer when giving your members a quota. Some may not finish their tasks, others may have real life obligations, health and accidents, plan for the unexpected. We had several members opt out, or had an illness that kept them from playing.
    We made our co op closed during this time and the reason was from experience. You wont be placing high up in position, the last thing you would want is to have dead members join and not participate with tasks or the achievement. Don't make the same mistake and go in with a hearty crew. If you do recruit, I would suggest chat confirmation before Tuesday to make sure they understand whats going on. You still may have a small chance that even after they confirm, they wont fulfill their responsibility, so just use caution week to week on your experience.

As a leader, I was on from 8am till midnight periodically. The first two weeks were very stressful for the leadership as we had no way of knowing individual stats, like who took how many of the tasks we needed. I kept the co op informed at least four times a day so that spam would not hit the chat. Once I lost steam during week three, I chose to step back and see who else was helping me. Long behold we had about 6 volunteer task leaders stepping in doing what I should of been doing. The way we set up this leader thing was all voluntary, so that no one had favoritism. If you chose to take the position, there was a detailed page on our forum listing what they needed to do. The more preparation you put into the task, the better your whole team will feel.

Lastly If you go after these, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be cautious with your tCash on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. There will be two major types of emotions that will occur. Frustration and anticipation. Frustration will be from members who have to go to work and cant get a task before they go, then after work they cant get on on the board. They will comment in chat asking for a task and this is where the leaders help out and comfort the members. I always sent out a mass mail Sunday night stressing to everyone to be patient and not to worry. 27 people are trying to get a single type of task from a board of 12 options wasn't easy. Statistically I think we averaged at 6-12% depending if an event was active or not. Lots of great information from my story time (Co Op going for Special Achievement: Helicopter) if any are interested, I'd say skip to the each end of week section (Sundays) to find the bulk of the weekly statistics.
    The anticipation will be the ones who wait hours coming on and off every 24 minutes to try and get that task. Some people will get sniped because multiple people are waiting in line. This is where you tell your members not to use tCash to refresh as it's happened to us. If I had to add up all the tCash we used as a group it easily exceeded 2,000 from all of us combined during the 4 weeks. (refreshing tasks at 6minutes=1tCash; 13 minutes 2tCash).

If there was anything I missed or if you had a question about a specific part I'll do my best to recall. I hope this helps.

What I don't understand is why allow small co-ops to compete if you are just going to penalise them?

I have no objection to these achievements being hard, needing a lot of work, I also don't really object to making them proportionally harder for smaller co-ops, what I don't like is that some of them are absolutely impossible for a small co-op.

So if I want to achieve them I have to join a large co-op, then stay there as they are specific to the co-op. I can't achieve them with my small happy drama free co-op. Why can't we have the extra goals to work towards as well?

Plus if as _DD_ suggested, the aim is to encourage us to spend t cash...well there are a lot of small co-ops, a lot of potential cash there.

ShadowRune
    They are called "Special Co Op Achievements" though, you wouldn't want these to be completed easily by solo co op's. I have done a few shorthand statistics and co op's with members of 5 or more "could" complete these with discipline.

These are not tCash achievements nor is it mandatory to use any tCash. Emotions got the best of us and we were excited! We wanted to use our tCash to speed things up. Never did we feel like we had to. I listed how much we have spent in our experience so that no one in the future would get sucked into the same situation. I think with a little bit more work, I could of got our team to spend nothing at all to be honest.

So now we have two options and you should be happy. Interseasonal's for you lonely solo racer's, and Co Op achievements for those wanting to play with large groups. I think they did a perfect job nailing down what makes us both happy!

Small co ops aren't penalized at all, they are just out of reach for these 8 Achievements, All the others can be obtained. If anything, why if your co op leader penalizing your group by not recruiting or accepting in new members? Stay optimistic, remember, this is just to have fun. They're pixels. I am personally glad we have choices, aren't you?

The achievement difficulty is debatable on which one you go after. you just have to be prepared with your team. I really want to repeat myself here because it seems to be a little skewed. If you haven't tried one of these with your team, don't knock it.

Our group had a huge blast and was exciting the whole way. MAYBE one or two days we felt like "Is it over yet" but other than that, yea.
    The finale though..... Wow could that use some work. What a dull, dull, DULL celebration we get. Not even fireworks at the co op building.

As a solo racer, i didn’t pay much attention to these thinking they were unattainable. I just noticed i achieved one at some point but i don’t know what is was for. Once you have obtained it, the description no longer shows for it in the edit screen and the pictures from the first posts in this thread were on tinypic and so are no longer there.
    It is #14....can anyone tell me what i did to deserve it lol?
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    ... Once you have obtained it, the description no longer shows for it in the edit screen and the pictures from the first posts in this thread were on tinypic and so are no longer there.
    congrats! but I have no idea, lol.
    We made 2 of them in a 2 person (racing) Coop, and I noticed also that the description is lost then. Thought already about reporting it; they should have a better idea.

Anyway, had forgotten about this thread and will PM dread to make sure they see it, maybe the pictures are still available and can get posted elsewhere for post #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    As a solo racer, i didn’t pay much attention to these thinking they were unattainable. I just noticed i achieved one at some point but i don’t know what is was for. Once you have obtained it, the description no longer shows for it in the edit screen and the pictures from the first posts in this thread were on tinypic and so are no longer there.
    It is #14....can anyone tell me what i did to deserve it lol?
    According to my screen, 14 is helping each other fill crates,zoo orders and chat request 1000x.
    Have to presume you weren't alone at the time

ETA. THINK the wiki had a list. Will go check later. If not will type them out as don't think baby has earned any
    Last edited by JayS; 09-12-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Anyway, had forgotten about this thread and will PM dread to make sure they see it, maybe the pictures are still available and can get posted elsewhere for post #1.
    Thanks for the heads up DD, i replaced the images now
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES