Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of 135's = Growing Frustration (Merged Thread)

It all depends on the level of your competitors, whether you want all 135s or not. From what I've seen of the top competition on android/iOS, it takes all 135s to be relevant. I agree going for, say, 131+ points is easier to manage. But does it get you to the very, very top? Asking because I don't know.

Still it goes without saying that these tasks are the preferred tasks overall. If you have a choice between a 79 point, 110 point, 130point and 135point task of a similar kind, almost invariably you would opt for the 135 points one. Only exception being time restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan de Vries View Post
    Why everybody wants to do only 135s? If you r in a coop with lets say 15 members it doesnt work. You really need to change your strategy.
    I said nothing about only 135 tasks. How can any team be competitive doing all the low scoring tasks? If we did those it would cut our score in half or less than half. There are so many more low scoring tasks to higher scoring. Please tell me you haven't noticed this change?

Quote Originally Posted by Sind6160 View Post
    I said nothing about only 135 tasks. How can any team be competitive doing all the low scoring tasks? If we did those it would cut our score in half or less than half. There are so many more low scoring tasks to higher scoring. Please tell me you haven't noticed this change?
    There might be more really low ones, I have not paid attention to them. but from the start of the regatta, week after mind numbing, board minding week, we have had to dump an average of 2-4 tasks for each 130+ we see. For 135s only, I have seen numbers as low as 4 dumps per task (once), but 8-10 is more typical.

The dumping penalty makes the contest more interesting, since otherwise it would be a battle of perfect scores and lots of Tcash. Why the ratio of high tasks to low ones is so high, I can't fathom, but I think they are hoping the people who don't actually die from boredom will pony up some Tcash once in awhile to save time.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Board watcher from the beginning in 4 very different style coops

Definitely more lower tasks appearing again this week, as we've dumped almost 300 so far, which is more than usual. We spent a lot of time yesterday looking at an empty board. Last week was better slightly better though. Fingers crossed the board improves over the course of the week.

Why everybody wants to do only 135s? If you r in a coop with lets say 15 members it doesnt work. You really need to change your strategy.
    For those of us who prefer racing alone, completing 135’s is the only way to be competitive. There are 10 folks with perfect score right now. As a lone racer, I cannot do anything less than 135’s.

Just an update: for my coop, tasks have been more balanced this week, the only double we saw for production was donuts, but that's to be expected. We had been getting many doubles for about 2-3 weeks (after the easter update?), but this race my members have been saying the tasks have been a bit more balanced.

As for why only do 135's, we TRY to do only 135's until the last day of race but after that its only been 131+. Without this rule, it's hard to come in top 3.

For very small co ops it doesn't work unfortunately, so it has nothing to do with strategy. It's about competing with other small co ops and getting low pt task across the board with not even one 135 pt task to choose from. In order to get one I have to dump several low task in order to even get one task of 135 pts. If I choose not to dump and do one of the task then I will have a low score in the end. If I dump task then I am penalized, so is it to hard to ask for the developers to add more 135 pt tasks without having to be penalized for dumping low task?

I have a co op with just two members ...myself and my daughter, we have only ever done 135 tasks and we have won most of our races. It has nothing to do with strategy in my book, we just chose 135 tasks that we were comfortable doing and worked together by helping each other so it can be done if you have the support and good helpers.

Last week tasks were horrible. I spent an entire day waiting on a decent task and did three planes. We only raced ten last week. Tasks should have been easier to get. This week has been great. We got eight HOL's in the latter half of the week.(Unheard of) We're sitting at third behind two perfect scores. Some weeks you just can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallDevil View Post
    For those of us who prefer racing alone, completing 135’s is the only way to be competitive. There are 10 folks with perfect score right now. As a lone racer, I cannot do anything less than 135’s.
    I am racing alone as well. For people in solo competition you cannot do anything but 135 tasks. Winning is always a matter of who gets there first because everyone ends up with the same score. This week was the first week since I started racing alone, that I could not finish the race in one day. I had to dump about double the amount of tasks I usually dump. I still was able to win my race but from my vantage point getting 135 tasks that aren't planes or trains or other long term tasks, has become more and more difficult.