Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of 135's = Growing Frustration (Merged Thread)

I'm racing solo and finished all my tasks, all 135. It wasn't a problem to get 135s as such,

... but it was a bit annoying that I only ever got three on the board at a time at most, meaning I couldn't keep tasks for later, had to take ones or delete them to get different 135s, had to play a few I wasn't so keen to play that day.

They’ve definitely changed how many 135 tasks we get and it sucks! We are losing interest in playing. We liked to play for the perfect win, but that’s so hard now. We had one member spend over $1000 t-cash refreshing tasks.... just to see how many 135 tasks she could get. She got three! That’s horrible odds!

Sad that this post was started almost a year ago and now we’re all back to complain about the same thing!

We had an in-game response from CS after complaining about the lack of decent tasks. It used the word “random” to describe how the tasks are generated, but went on to say that the “devs work constantly to get the task balance right”. I mean, obviously they aren’t actually generated randomly. That would be awful. But to admit you indeed have people who deliberately tweak the mix, without acknowledging that we who play might disagree on what the ‘right balance’ is, feels disingenuous.

I think this is going the way of the regatta prizes. They’re taking a line of “Mother knows best”. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeJacket View Post
    I'm racing solo and finished all my tasks, all 135. It wasn't a problem to get 135s as such,

... but it was a bit annoying that I only ever got three on the board at a time at most, meaning I couldn't keep tasks for later, had to take ones or delete them to get different 135s, had to play a few I wasn't so keen to play that day.
    I did an experiment over 3 days (everyone in my team had finished racing). There were 3 x135 tasks on the board, I deleted everything else and kept doing that over and over, no more 135s appeared as long as the original 135s were still there. Not sure quite what that proves except that it looks likely you'll never get more than 3 x 135s at any one time. Depressing or what!

Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    I did an experiment over 3 days (everyone in my team had finished racing). There were 3 x135 tasks on the board, I deleted everything else and kept doing that over and over, no more 135s appeared as long as the original 135s were still there. Not sure quite what that proves except that it looks likely you'll never get more than 3 x 135s at any one time. Depressing or what!
    Our team has experienced the same. I think there was one time over the past few weeks where we were able to get 4x135 tasks on the board at the same time. Before I came on here and read all the complaints and tips on this thread, there would be times when there were 3x135 tasks on the board, and I would refresh the rest of them for 6+ hours and not get another 135. Definitely accounted for a crazy high dump rate. Now we've pretty much resigned to the 3 and just leave the board with junk until someone picks up one of them. It is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    I did the same experiment over 2.5 days, same result. You can dump for hours and not get any additional 135s.

Playrix claims they didn't change anything but this is beyond a pure "bad luck streak". This is either deliberate or a side effect of something else they changed. In the previous season it was not uncommon to have 2 or 3 copies of the same island task *and* plenty of other 135s. With the latest update, it's capped the 135s at 3 or 4 maximum.

If you factor in the cries of anguish over folks reserving these scarce 135s, this is sucking the fun out of the game for a lot of people.

My boat (I sail solo) is now in dry dock until whenever. If sailing is no more fun then don’t do regatta and concentrate on the rest of Township which is still there to play. Form/join a non-sailing co op so you still have your game friends to chat with and ask for product help. Remember this game is called Township not Regattaship.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Playrix claims they didn't change anything but this is beyond a pure "bad luck streak". This is either deliberate or a side effect of something else they changed.
    Have they claimed that? I’ve totally lost track in this thread now, it’s so long. The responses to my team-mate and SmallDevil both read to me like they’re conceding that it’s actually something they tweak fairly often. I’d almost settle for them just acknowledging that we’re not imagining it at this point, even without an explanation of what the new laws of nature are gonna be, and why they think they’re what’s best for us. Almost.

In the meantime, my team continue just trying to hang in there. I’m sure plenty of players are dropping away for good though, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano4England View Post
    Cathy Purr, not sure I entirely understand that lol (...) [If your asking does dumping the bad cells decrease the chance of a 135 on a ‘hot’ cell, I’m not 100% sure (...) (hope that makes sense ������������)
    Deano, that's exactly what my question was, and thanks again. I was under the impression that dumping the unwanted might trigger the algorithms to produce more unwanted/low ones.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    You can dump for hours and not get any additional 135s. Playrix claims they didn't change anything but this is beyond a pure "bad luck streak". This is either deliberate or a side effect of something else they changed.
    Yes, this has very obviously now being capped. 3 135s is good, 4 is tops. Knowing Playrix, unwanted side effects seem more likely. If they want that shortage, this would be a quite fitting time to tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    We had an in-game response from CS after complaining about the lack of decent tasks. It used the word “random” to describe how the tasks are generated, but went on to say that the “devs work constantly to get the task balance right”. I mean, obviously they aren’t actually generated randomly. That would be awful. But to admit you indeed have people who deliberately tweak the mix, without acknowledging that we who play might disagree on what the ‘right balance’ is, feels disingenuous.

I think this is going the way of the regatta prizes. They’re taking a line of “Mother knows best”. Frustrating.
    That's it exactly. They will do what they think is best, never gonna even bother to ask us.
    And why should they. But, then again ... why shouldn't they!?
    Last edited by Cathy Purr; 04-03-2018 at 12:42 AM.