Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden League Zombie Racing, The Next Big Thing

OMG, this sounds like so much fun! So during seasonal weeks do you go back to a different co-op or just ditch the co-op you are in and start another one so you are in wooden league again?
    TOWN NAME:Melly.....
    COOP:Tigger’s Den
    Can we hop every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mars999 View Post
    OMG, this sounds like so much fun! So during seasonal weeks do you go back to a different co-op or just ditch the co-op you are in and start another one so you are in wooden league again?
    Many of us are in the same golden league team, or are former team mates. We go solo for interseasonal week in wooden league, then mostly ditch those coops right after rewards and return to our gold league teams. Orrrrr sometimes I climb back up through the ranks during the season and then start over. It’s like a vacation from gold league and big coops.

It is fun!

Garvie

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Many of us are in the same golden league team, or are former team mates. We go solo for interseasonal week in wooden league, then mostly ditch those coops right after rewards and return to our gold league teams. Orrrrr sometimes I climb back up through the ranks during the season and then start over. It’s like a vacation from gold league and big coops.

It is fun!

Garvie
    That sure sounds more fun than the dump-a-thon I was in this week!
    Can we hop every week?

That sure sounds more fun than the dump-a-thon I was in this week!
    Thought this sounded right up your current alley, Mars, glad you saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Ok, well let’s say goal is winner has least points, and a Zombie Chicken score after 8 tasks worth 645 total is looking like the winner, with 2nd place going to the Sea Slug who scored 680. But the stats show it took the chicken 110 dumps to find that many low tasks, while the Sluggish slug only needed 60.... then the final final is Sea Slug wins with a low score of 740, and the Chicken is in 2nd with 755. Or is she? What if it turns out that the curse of the task board allowed some unlucky seagull to squeak together an incredibly low score of 728 with no dumps at all?

This one will be mostly strategy over speed, and pretty funny to try out those 77 pt feed tasks and such.
    OK, got the scoring - quite the challenge. nonetheless, the game will also in this race give winner's prize to the one with the highest result, right, and all the fun comes from your imagination and discussions, not from prizes. Really amazing I would love to watch it, not sure I'd be up to doing (understanding) it; I am slow. Anyway, many thanks for explaining it, and I hope to hear more about it here! esp. with possibly the new racers from "here" added! (Cobalt, and Mars?)
    I'd be curious to see how many "different" rules&ratings y'all can come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Thought this sounded right up your current alley, Mars, glad you saw it
    Thanks for the heads up on this Bessville, although it would depend on the time, the one race started at 2:30 am my time!
    Can we hop every week?

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    I don’t get it. How can you return to your old gold league teams if you have quit that co-op? Does one member stay behind to keep the old co-op going and then invite you back?������❓
    Hi Miss Williamston;

Yes, your old Coop would need at least one other member than yourself to invite you back.
    We are also making the assumption that you were in good standing there and they would want you back.
    And finally, bear in mind that the Wooden League Zombie Racing occurs during the interseasonal week.
    This is a meaningless week as far as the Regattas. No tokens to be earned, no points towards GLB.
    It is a good week to visit another Coop, or do something weird.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 03-19-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Well I have to say after my first successful start with the Zombie Racers it is awesome. Was worried for a moment at the beginning when it looked like I had missed the boat but low and behold all of the sudden I was surrounded by zombie racers. Takes the boredom out of searching and dumping 135 tasks that’s for sure! I love the fact that they change it up every week, this week was low score, you can dump but it is added to your score, who knew you could get a 70 pt task, not me that’s for sure, goes to show you that when you are all consumed trying to find those elusive 135s you don’t really pay attention to what’s going on around you. I have to say a big thank you to Garvie for this ingenious idea and for Cobalt to bringing this alternative racing to my attention by posting on the forum. Kudos to you both.
    Can we hop every week?

Well I have to say after my first successful start with the Zombie Racers it is awesome. Was worried for a moment at the beginning when it looked like I had missed the boat but low and behold all of the sudden I was surrounded by zombie racers. Takes the boredom out of searching and dumping 135 tasks that’s for sure! I love the fact that they change it up every week, this week was low score, you can dump but it is added to your score, who knew you could get a 70 pt task, not me that’s for sure, goes to show you that when you are all consumed trying to find those elusive 135s you don’t really pay attention to what’s going on around you. I have to say a big thank you to Garvie for this ingenious idea and for Cobalt to bringing this alternative racing to my attention by posting on the forum. Kudos to you both.
    It’s true, Mars made it in as our first official ‘outsider’ and is currently tied with me for 1st place, which in this week’s plan is actually last place. Two of our other zombies ended up in another bunch of boats, but I think we got 7 Zombies into the same sea of zeroes.
    We still marvel that Wooden League is full of people who click the start button, yet never finish a task. I think we will have to try it sometime, since I suppose they are all receiving some kind of reward depending on whether they are first or last place zeroes.

I know there are threads elsewhere discussing an overhaul to regattas, so I won’t say much more other than, it’s time. It really is. Golden League is a swamp of pleasure boats trying not to be devoured by a couple hundred leaderboard hungry sharks. Wood, Copper and often Steel are wastelands of boats going nowhere, sometimes getting promoted without completing a single task. Occasionally teams end up in more or less evenly matched contests and the race feels like a race that anyone might win. But really the only way to ensure you are in a race worth racing is to buck Playrix’s size bonus and Leaderboard standings by staying very small or solo in Gold League where the competition is truly competitive or to coordinate your start time with people you want to race against.

Now who wants to join us next week for the Copper Zombie challenge?

Garvie
    Zombies R Us

Well done Pixie Brainz of Pixie Hollow...623 very impressive low score. Yeah Garvie I can’t believe 8 people have not completed 1 task yet in our wooden league race. I am like you and wonder if they get prizes just for hitting their start task button. Hmmmm interesting.
    Can we hop every week?