Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden League Zombie Racing, The Next Big Thing

Wooden League Zombie Racing, The Next Big Thing

Tired of the same old same old?

Want to make a fresh new start in your own place?

Looking for something a little more edgy to do?

Have you grown weary of the rigors of being a cog in a top GLB Co-op?

If you answered yes to any of the above, then Wooden League Zombie Racing could be your ticket. However, you will have to wait for the next inter-seasonal Regatta week to reserve your spot. That is when they do it. Maybe a one week vacation is coming for you?

And who is they? Garvamatic is the ring leader and she can fill you in on the details. I will give you some of the highlights.

1. You will have to leave where you are, and form a solo Co-op. Of course that now means you are in Wooden League.

2. The zombie comes from the fact that you will be racing against a lot of dead racers who probably do not even play Township anymore. But you will be racing against the other live players who decided to give it a whirl.

3. It involves a synchronized start. That is the tricky part.

4. And smack talk is not forbidden, it is encouraged. How they do it is innovative.

5. Each week there could be different rules. Like this week you had to play with the task board you drew, no dumping.

6. Someone will usually win in 2 hours. And you are done for the week!

All of this, served up for you, the consummate Township consumer, by Garvamatic. Enjoy!

P.S. I could not keep this inside anymore. I was about to explode.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Lololol

Well, we are not actually sure the other Zombies are dead, but we remain very intrigued by how many players manage to press start on a task and fail to complete it before week’s end, scoring a whopping zero. Most of us have been in wooden league races with NO other team but our own scoring any points at all. And so..... ‘Zombie Racing’ was born.

Here’s the deal:
    The winner of each race (usually interseasonal weeks only) chooses the rules and start time of the next Zombie Race. The key feature is a tightly coordinated start time, since this is how boats end up in the same race. That might mean all of us pressing start at exactly Thursday GMT 8:30 am as we did last race, or perhaps Friday at GMT 3:33 pm orrrrrr whatever. The point is, the synchronized times work to land us all in the same race, and it’s fun to race against people you know.

Sometimes it’s a tcash fuelled blow out for speed and perfect scores, other times it’s a contest to see who can post the lowest possible score having completed all tasks, but mostly, since there are only 8 tasks, it is a very brief race. Winners get bragging rights and often honorary Town renamings from losers.

This interseasonal week we honour Pixie the Rooster Slayer. All Hail Pixie who stayed the Rocket Rooster!

Next time, who knows? Maybe Cobalt will leave the high ground of the golden league and wallow in Zombie Seas with us.

If you would like to know the start time for next Zombie Race PM me on the forum, and I will hook you up with the details as soon as I know them.

Remember, Zombie Races take place in interseasonal weeks only (so once every 4 weeks).

Garvie
    Coop: Zombies Rule Belgium
    Came in third place this week, no dumps and board most (!) uncooperative but did it in 38 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Came in third place this week, no dumps and board most (!) uncooperative but did it in 38 minutes
    what, the whole race in 38 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    what, the whole race in 38 minutes?
    Yes, I admit I hurried more than I needed to, but since there was no way I could win highest points, I chose getting it over with instead. the other Zombie racers didn’t bother to rush at all, but then they spend most regattas rushing tasks like maniacs, while I just bob along at my own solo self indulgent pace.

Garvie

What a fantastic and creative way to play. Well done!

Yes, I admit I hurried more than I needed to, but since there was no way I could win highest points, I chose getting it over with instead.
    just for confirmation: so you did 8 fast tasks (plus speeding up), w/o dumping (exchanging) any, and became third because of being fast?

I also think it's a creative way, which I admire, as I rarely have such ideas. (As you can see, I have even difficulties to understand it. I probably would have to ask back 3 times, when arrived in the racing group, while the first ones finishing already, lol.)

just for confirmation: so you did 8 fast tasks (plus speeding up), w/o dumping (exchanging) any, and became third because of being fast?

I also think it's a creative way, which I admire, as I rarely have such ideas. (As you can see, I have even difficulties to understand it. I probably would have to ask back 3 times, when arrived in the racing group, while the first ones finishing already, lol.)
    I did the eight highest points in descending order, rushed planes and trains types, the others happened to be pretty fast tasks. Next time looks like we are going to go for lowest score and allow dumping, except each dump will add a point to your score. Should make for nifty strategy, plus no rush, plus no one will know who actually won til everyone is finished and the screen shot stats are tallied.

Zombie Garvie
    Experimental regatta division

I did the eight highest points in descending order, rushed planes and trains types, the others happened to be pretty fast tasks. Next time looks like we are going to go for lowest score and allow dumping, except each dump will add a point to your score. Should make for nifty strategy, plus no rush, plus no one will know who actually won til everyone is finished and the screen shot stats are tallied.
    So the real "winner calculation" happens afterwards outside the race? if so: what do you do, if this result doesn't match at all with the game result, prize-wise and such -- again "just" some recognition in your outside-communication-tool and/or town signs ingame?
    (again just trying to confirm I understood it correctly! no bad judgement in that "just" or otherwise, just curious )

LOL @ "experimental regatta division"! that should become some official 'rewards' title you could use!
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-18-2018 at 01:53 PM. Reason: if I let autocorrect have its way, I wouldn't understand my own posts...

Ok, I'm in! Soon, you will know the fury of the Sea Slugs!
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

So the real "winner calculation" happens afterwards outside the race? if so: what do you do, if this result doesn't match at all with the game result, prize-wise and such -- again "just" some recognition in your outside-communication-tool and/or town signs ingame?
    (again just trying to confirm I understood it correctly! no bad judgement in that "just" or otherwise, just curious )

LOL @ "experimental regatta division"! that should become some official 'rewards' title you could use!
    Ok, well let’s say goal is winner has least points, and a Zombie Chicken score after 8 tasks worth 645 total is looking like the winner, with 2nd place going to the Sea Slug who scored 680. But the stats show it took the chicken 110 dumps to find that many low tasks, while the Sluggish slug only needed 60.... then the final final is Sea Slug wins with a low score of 740, and the Chicken is in 2nd with 755. Or is she? What if it turns out that the curse of the task board allowed some unlucky seagull to squeak together an incredibly low score of 728 with no dumps at all?

This one will be mostly strategy over speed, and pretty funny to try out those 77 pt feed tasks and such.

To communicate we use a Messenger group dedicated to Zombie Racing. Trash talk and whining via coop description and Town names also valid forms of communication.

See you there?