Thread: No One Can Claim Someone Else's Reserved Task

No One Can Claim Someone Else's Reserved Task

The new option to reserve tasks for the Regatta is great - however there is one flaw that is driving me, my Co-op members and probably a lot other game players crazy. Even though you reserve a particular task, another member who is careless can easily take your reserved task. If someone reserves a task, no one should be able to take it, maybe guv them a 48 hour time likit and if that person hasn't yet started the reserved task, automatically unreserve it for them.

I wouldn’t want this idea to be taken up, I’m afraid, much as I respect your different point of view. My coop uses reserves as a ‘note of interest’, rather than a cast-iron guarantee of getting the task. It helps us note who has prepped what, and which duplicates to dump or leave up, but that’s all really. If several people prepped the same task, then we consider it fine for any of them to take it, regardless of reserves. So I like the system as it is, since the ‘are you sure?’ function should protect against accidental taking of a task (it is pretty impossible not to notice it’s reserved), but doesn’t preclude coops like mine from using it as we do too. If the reserve couldn’t be overridden by anyone but the reserver, we’d be unable to allow use of the function at all in our coop, or we’d risk the board grinding to a halt when jammed with reserved tasks, and half our players being unable to get a task at all. Not efficient, imo. For me, the solution to folks misusing it is clear rules, generous cooperation, and firm enforcement, same as it is with any other aspect of coop life. But hey, you never know, tonnes of people might agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    For me, the solution to folks misusing it is clear rules, generous cooperation, and firm enforcement, same as it is with any other aspect of coop life.
    I agree with Bess It is not "easy" to take a reserved task (dumping might have happened at first, as was explained here somewhere); one must be more than careless to do it IMO.

Make rules in your Coop, and make them clear. Then stick to them.

BTW, I remember the discussions here before this feature was introduced. IMO it has been done exactly as asked from the majority here -- which means, it can be "overwritten" (taken or dumped by someone else), it doesn't lock anything for hours or even longer.
    The only not so clear part of the feature is that and why members cannot reserve.

What has been asked for since the introduction, which makes sense and is new, so to speak, is the wish to give the reservation a timer that counts up, so one can see how long it is there. Also in this case, what is "allowed" - 2 hours, over night, 48 hours (would drive some Coops crazy as well!), whatever - belongs in the Coop agreements/rules.
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-17-2018 at 08:10 PM.