Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please Get Rid of Censor In Chat!

The person being responded to (Leander, as quoted by both JPT and DD), posted this question yesterday?

They did not install the option to turn off the filter between last night and this morning, they installed it a few months back, meaning Leander probably hadn't realised there was the option to do so.

And that's when the forum comes in handy. If you've missed/misunderstood something, you can ask here and get answers.

Also, perhaps they've decided they want to leave the filter on for whatever reason (which is why it's there in the first place), and are simply confused as to why words that are in no way offensive get caught. In which case, see DDs answer.

On the other hand, if in an English speaking co-op, "gose" isn't a word, and while "dose" is a word, put here I'm going to assume you mean "goes" and "does". As in:
    "Does he want to go over there?
    He does.
    He goes over there".
    Last edited by Nevada; 02-28-2018 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Autocorrect fail.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zutphenia View Post
    When this was posted the possibility to turn it off was not there yet. I’m sure they did turn it off now ������
    The OP certainly, but the post I and the poster before me quoted and replied to was posted yesterday.
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-28-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: oops, didn't see next page. Thx, Nevada! :)

Nuh uh uh. No way! Township doesn’t know your age, so I doubt that this feature will be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Conilaque View Post
    Nuh uh uh. No way! Township doesn’t know your age, so I doubt that this feature will be added.
    This has already been added since this the original poster requested it. We each now have the option to go into our settings and turn off the chat filter.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

I have been all over that little cog in the upper left hand corner and i cant find anyway to turn off the censer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leander Carter View Post
    I have been all over that little cog in the upper left hand corner and i cant find anyway to turn off the censer.
    Go to the additional settings, scroll to the last setting called Turn off the chat filter. We have it on iOS, android and kindle. I do not know if MAC and Windows version have it yet.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Scroll down in the advanced options, it's last.

Screenshot_2018-03-12-19-37-36-1.jpg

Edit - Android version
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-12-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Jinx Graylady, Again :)

what is wrong with asking a joke question i was told i was a life savor so i replied the following "Which flavor am i? i hope i am cherry but not lemon cause i'm not sour" And the censor bleeped out the words "am i? i" what the heck is wrong with those 3 little words. And people on here say you can turn off the censor but not if you play on a microsoft laptop. There is no censor turn off button. I looked. And i do have the newest version. Oh and another thing when are the microsoft players gonna get the Easter stuff. i am just getting sick and tired of the IDIOT who adds weird words or sayings to be censored.

what is wrong with asking a joke question i was told i was a life savor so i replied the following "Which flavor am i? i hope i am cherry but not lemon cause i'm not sour" And the censor bleeped out the words "am i? i" what the heck is wrong with those 3 little words. And people on here say you can turn off the censor but not if you play on a microsoft laptop. There is no censor turn off button. I looked. And i do have the newest version. Oh and another thing when are the microsoft players gonna get the Easter stuff. i am just getting sick and tired of the IDIOT who adds weird words or sayings to be censored.
    Hi Leander

The same censor has problem with all the different languages and need some tweaking. You can send a report to ask them to take out that little phrase out of it. Things will get better once you get the turn off button on the Windows version.

I have no idea if the Windowsmversion will get an Easter event. You should ask at the same time you report the correct words.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I thank you for taking the time to reply to my ranting but i think it needs to be completely overhauled. I understand wanting to block cuss words and things the are bad but it goes way beyond that and blocks everyday common words. I was told it might be because there might or might not be a bad word in another language in the word and the word itself would be ok. Well that makes no since. If you start picking words apart because a letter combination in the word is bad you might as well kill the whole chat option because all words may contain word that someone somewhere out there might find offensive but everyone else sees as a good word. And if you go that far you might as well just kill the internet for fear of insulting someone you have never met and probably never going to meet. And i thought that the coop chats was private to the coop am i now finding out that people outside the coop can read them. If that is so then i'm gonna avoid the chat for now on. Well thanks again.