Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Get Rid of Censor In Chat!

Ive just had a thought.... is this an issue that only happens with English speaking coops or are other languages affected in the same way too?
    Town Name Boo..........Name changes weekly, but always with a Boo!
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 154
    Coop Name Castaways
    Coop Code #CSF7JN

I'm in a Dutch speaking co-op and honestly the oddest words get censored. A word like "kon" (could) is censored. It's a source of good laughs, and it's a feature some of us play around with whenever we find a new totally harmless word that's turned into ***.

I just hope there's not some "autoban" feature based on causing too many ***'s, some of us might be in trouble

I agree, censoring should be optional, the leader should have a tick box to switch censoring on/off.
    I am in a multi-national co-op with English as preferred language and at times, even without censoring, it can be a challenge to understand each other. So if parts of words are suddenly ***-ed and people do not know how to word their comments or requests differently Playrix is creating obstacles we really don't need and want.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica van Kinderen View Post
    I agree, censoring should be optional, the leader should have a tick box to switch censoring on/off.
    I am in a multi-national co-op with English as preferred language and at times, even without censoring, it can be a challenge to understand each other. So if parts of words are suddenly ***-ed and people do not know how to word their comments or requests differently Playrix is creating obstacles we really don't need and want.
    I agree that it is a nuisance at times. But it may be that Playrix has an obligation to provide a censor as children are allowed to play the game?

I'm playing a different online game also (a MMO/MMORPG/Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) and it has the option for every player to turn the censor / language surveillance OFF or ON in the Options. So, SW-wise it must be feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I'm playing a different online game also (a MMO/MMORPG/Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) and it has the option for every player to turn the censor / language surveillance OFF or ON in the Options. So, SW-wise it must be feasible.
    I can only agree. This censor is stupid. Chat in coop is private so where is the problem ?? if someone is incorrect we fire him that's all !

i just want to know why do the words "dose and gose" and other oddball little words ger censored we cant complete a thought without getting words stared out

Quote Originally Posted by Leander Carter View Post
    i just want to know why do the words "dose and gose" and other oddball little words ger censored we cant complete a thought without getting words stared out
    Turn your censor off then

Quote Originally Posted by Leander Carter View Post
    i just want to know why do the words "dose and gose" and other oddball little words ger censored
    Probably because they contain parts that are offensive in one of the many languages the game must monitor. And indeed, you can turn it off meanwhile; IIRC it's a setting behind the cog top left.

When this was posted the possibility to turn it off was not there yet. I’m sure they did turn it off now