Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Get Rid of Censor In Chat!

Please Get Rid of Censor In Chat!

Playrix! Please get rid of the censor in chat. It does't work properly and frequently bleeps perfectly ordinary words simply because there is a questionable word somewhere inside it. Our co-op members are adults and we are perfectly capable of policing ourselves. We don't need to be treated like children and told what we can or cannot say. If a member cannot behave according to the rules of a co-op then the leader or co-leaders can kick that individual out. At the very least make the sensor optional so we can decide whether or not we wish to use it. Another possible option is to allow leaders to make up a list of words they deem too offensive and those words would be censored if anyone tried to post them.

Thank you for considering this, Playrix!
    Leader of Tigger's Den Co-op/Senior forum member since Oct 2014

I am in complete agreement. I simply do not understand why the sentence 'cup of coffee' is censored. This is just one example of many that we have found. As Dan says, if chat get out of hand or inappropriate words or phrases are used, then it should be up to the leader/co-leaders to police it and remind all coop members of rules and regulations. I do understand that township is played by all ages and has to be regulated but to allow words like pi**ed (I censored that myself!), when you cant type the word 'followed' seems ridiculous to me!
    Last edited by Ann; 11-07-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    Town Name Boo..........Name changes weekly, but always with a Boo!
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 154
    Coop Name Castaways
    Coop Code #CSF7JN

I agree with all the above. Today I tried to say " Am I supposed to" when asking a question..the Am I was censored. Some of the words censored are the only words that can be used to complete a sentence that makes sense. We laughed about it at first..but now it is so frustrating. Please, please give the responsibility to the leads or co leaders.
    Thank you for all you do,
    And for reading this's
    X

They did change one of the censored words. When I first started playing, every time I put the word 'too' into a sentence, it was turned into *** and I would have to change it to 'also', lol! Now it allows me to say 'too'.

I figured that some words may have negative meanings in languages other than English and that's why it was censoring perfectly ordinary, non-offensive words.
    Last edited by Peggy77; 11-07-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy77 View Post
    They did change one of the censored words. When I first started playing, every time I put the word 'too' into a sentence, it was turned into *** and I would have to change it to 'also', lol! Now it allows me to say 'too'.

I figured that some words may have negative meanings in languages other than English and that's why it was censoring perfectly ordinary, non-offensive words.
    I agree with what you're saying. I also believe that some words are inappropriate in another language but not in English. That needs to be addressed at the very least. I still believe we should have the option to turn it off.
    Leader of Tigger's Den Co-op/Senior forum member since Oct 2014

Agree with everything that's been said. It became so frustrating trying to communicate when words were being bleeped out all the time. And then I see offensive words in town names, so the filters aren't very useful really.

(Yes, I know to report the offensive town names).

This censor is there first and foremost for all the different people from all the different places and mindsets who can encounter each other on any given day in any co-op. However it doesn't take into account that is doesn't make much sense any more for any co-op with members who got to know each other and simply want to chat without this constant restraint.
    So giving the leader of the co-op the possibility to turn the censor off would be an obvious and welcome opportunity.

In the meantime, to work on the censor filters so they actually work would be a good idea, too.
    Tho the silly censoring sometimes lead to hilarious results, lol
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

I agree it should be optional. Now it's only annoying. It makes normal conversations frustrating process, since words that get bleeped out are normal and casualy used words. And if one wants to insult somebody I must confirm that words can be found that are more cruel and more painful than swear words could ever be.

'Success' is censored.

It is very frustrating for everyone to try typing in chat with all the problems with the chat keyboard! It just makes everything much worse when we Finally get something typed out properly, push send, then bam, crazy censor system goofs everything up!!!! How about only censoring English if that's the preferred language!!!! Who cares what words are in some unknown language....lolol Come on Playrix! You're smarter than that!!!