Thread: Market/Port Glitch

Market/Port Glitch

Now that the market/port glitch has been solved, is it possible to know how it worked ??? Are we sure it really existed? I played against very fast opponents, but I did not understand what I would have to watch to know if they were cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon Italy City View Post
    Now that the market/port glitch has been solved, is it possible to know how it worked ??? Are we sure it really existed? I played against very fast opponents, but I did not understand what I would have to watch to know if they were cheating.
    Yes it worked and it wasn’t hard to do. Indeed, it’s possible that it happened by accident a few times without people realizing. What was going on was that if you started a touch event in your town.... like I am going to move this thing, or go inside this thing, but then paused before completing the event, when you touched your screen in a different town, you went inside that town’s corresponding thing provided it was the kind of thing that a touch event could be completed on.

I know that sounds confusing lol. Ports were easy to understand because they were all in the same place, so dragging a bit on your port, then visiting another town and tapping on the port area would take you inside that person’s port screen. But since it was the area of the game screen that mattered and not the exact thing in the game, you could also drag a bit on a tree or park bench or whatever, and provided that your choice of thing corresponded to the screen area that you wanted to visit in another town, you could go there to visit its market, mine, or foundry to collect stuff.

Now you know.

It is quite astonishing that it survived as long as it did as a secret. Everyone could do it easily if they knew how, but almost no one seems to have known about it including Playrix.

Garvie Goes Sailing
    Zombies Rule Belgium

Addendum re cheating, I am not sure it fit within Playrix’s very narrow definition of cheating in their terms of service. However, since they did eventually punish people for doing it, they ultimately decided to define it as a bug or an exploit.
    You would not have been able to tell whether members on other teams you were racing against were using this, though a group choosing to place their markets, mines and foundries in the same location was a pretty good indicator. You would not have been able to tell if other members on your team were doing it unless they told you, though boat or ingot tasks being completed instantaneously might have been a give away.
    Last edited by Garvamatic; 03-12-2018 at 05:51 PM.

First of all, thank you very much for your reply!!!

That cheat is unbelievable... How can such an absurd glitch be born?! One thing I do not understand.
    "... like I'm going to move this thing, but I'll be PAUSED before completing the event"
    What do you mean by "before completing the events?". A touch event can be canceled or complete, but it can not be paused...
    Therefore the trick was to locate a game area (for example, the port), to take an object and drag it over that area; Then I canceled the change, entered the city of a friend and was the glitch done? It's incredible...

First of all, thank you very much for your reply!!!

That cheat is unbelievable... How can such an absurd glitch be born?! One thing I do not understand.
    "... like I'm going to move this thing, but I'll be PAUSED before completing the event"
    What do you mean by "before completing the events?". A touch event can be canceled or complete, but it can not be paused...
    Therefore the trick was to locate a game area (for example, the port), to take an object and drag it over that area; Then I canceled the change, entered the city of a friend and was the glitch done? It's incredible...
    Well maybe pause makes it sound stranger than it was, seemed more like you had a window of opportunity, such as a certain amount of time to complete the action, which bizarrely held true even if the action got completed in a town other than your own. It might have been by design in the original code, since we can fill each other’s crates and so on, but it got over looked as a ‘feature’ that might have been useful for anything else.

Anyway, once brought to Playrix’s attention, the hole was plugged quite quickly and it is not possible anymore.

Garvie

In fact, I waited for the glitch to be solved to post the question in this forum (following the forum rules). I was just very curious to understand how it worked. Honestly, I do not think they banned anyone. It is impossible to know who has used the glitch. Perhaps only those who had upgraded all the factories despite having a low level were banned. However I continue to not understand the glitch. What do you mean by "completing an event"? If, for example, I put ingots into production, how can I "not complete the event"? How can I complete any action in another city? Can you give me some examples? Sorry for the questions. I'm sorry to have lost races due to cheating

In fact, I waited for the glitch to be solved to post the question in this forum (following the forum rules). I was just very curious to understand how it worked. Honestly, I do not think they banned anyone. It is impossible to know who has used the glitch. Perhaps only those who had upgraded all the factories despite having a low level were banned. However I continue to not understand the glitch. What do you mean by "completing an event"? If, for example, I put ingots into production, how can I "not complete the event"? How can I complete any action in another city? Can you give me some examples? Sorry for the questions. I'm sorry to have lost races due to cheating
    Lol. The event in question there is just what I am calling a touch event. So you touch your screen in the upper right corner for say a half second, but nothing happens because there is nothing up there to complete the touch ‘event’... now you have maybe another couple seconds to touch something that corresponds to that area of your screen but that will also do something to end the touch event. That’s all.

So in the ingot example, if your ingots were ready to be picked up and the exact on screen location of your foundry could be determined, (this many squares from that rock or behind the train station or whatever), then a person who wanted access to your ingots, touches the screen at that spot in the hometown, then goes to visit your town, touches the screen in roughly the same spot, and presto, the visitor can help her or himself to an ingot. Repeatedly! Because the product remains there until the town’s owner collects it.

As I said, I still think it’s amazing that it was there all along and almost no one noticed.

And no, I don’t think they banned anyone over it, which they might have had it fallen under cheating in the first part of the rules governing fair play. Instead, I think they took back Tcash from players found to have used it, since they classified it as exploiting an in game bug.

And now, on with the show lol.

Garvie

Let me understand...I was looking at a person's foundry. I clicked in the same place of his foundry (in my town), then I opened my friends list, I found my friend, I entered his city, clicked on the foundry previously identified ... and if he had ingots ready I could take these forever??? The path to open a town of my friend and click on its foundry provides many clicks and many steps. Really the glitch worked this way? It is simply absurd...At least first you mentioned particular events (for example moving an object or a building) but in this case the situation is difficult to accept. It is too absurd. Are you sure your sources have told you the truth about this glitch?

Let me understand...I was looking at a person's foundry. I clicked in the same place of his foundry (in my town), then I opened my friends list, I found my friend, I entered his city, clicked on the foundry previously identified ... and if he had ingots ready I could take these forever??? The path to open a town of my friend and click on its foundry provides many clicks and many steps. Really the glitch worked this way? It is simply absurd...At least first you mentioned particular events (for example moving an object or a building) but in this case the situation is difficult to accept. It is too absurd. Are you sure your sources have told you the truth about this glitch?
    Yes, you could collect your friend’s ingots until he got around to collecting them for himself, though each time, you would return to your town to initiate the touch again for each foundry individually. And yes it was a bit absurd, and as I keep saying, even more so because it went undetected by almost all of us for years.

Garvie

It is impossible to believe it for me. There is something that is not clear... Many clicks and steps are needed to enter a friend's city and reach the building I was looking for. And I find absurd there was a connection between the things of my city and those of any other person. I would not believe in the glitch even if I had seen it (or at least I can not believe it was activated as you described). And then I read that the glitch did not work with the members of the same cooperative...Too many things absurd...😅😅😅 Anyway thank you very much for your availability 😊 You were the only one to answer my question. You're kind ☺ Let's see if anyone wants to add some answers to this discussion. Bye