View Poll Results: We would like a confirmation option whenever the 'start" icon is pressed.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Please!

25 100.00%
  • No Thank you

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confirmation window for selecting regatta tasks?

Confirmation window for selecting regatta tasks?

It is becoming an increasingly frustrating problem in our co-op that members are accidentally selecting regatta tasks. We purposely dump tasks below a certain point level, but every now and then a member will accidentally select to do the task instead of hitting the trashbin right next to it. And earlier today I accidently selected an awful task while just tapping on it to read it and accidently grazing the start button with my finger nail. VERY frustrating yet could be so easily fixed by a confirmation window. Playrix, would you please help us out here??

Yes please Playrix

I believe this is the biggest problem in the game right now and people are upset almost every regatta.

William Shannon
    I agree! Today alone, I've done this two or three times.

I unthinkingly hit refresh and it didn't confirm before it took 4 tcash. So watch out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmexus View Post
    It is becoming an increasingly frustrating problem in our co-op that members are accidentally selecting regatta tasks. We purposely dump tasks below a certain point level, but every now and then a member will accidentally select to do the task instead of hitting the trashbin right next to it. And earlier today I accidently selected an awful task while just tapping on it to read it and accidently grazing the start button with my finger nail. VERY frustrating yet could be so easily fixed by a confirmation window. Playrix, would you please help us out here??
    Me too!

It's because the button suddenly seems to move from Center to the left. When you have a task underway, there is a single centered option to dump, but when you do not have task underway, the dump button has slid to the left, and the area you have been hitting repeatedly now instantly starts the task. I have done it 3 times so far, and last regatta my slip cost me first place. Anyway, now I only dump tasks when I have one underway, but an are you sure confirmation step and a button that remains in same position would I am sure prevent much foul language.

I agree that a confirmation window is needed, but as a workaround, try to only dump tasks when you are in the middle of a task. That way the Start button isn't available so you can't select the task accidentally. I make a point of dumping tasks before I complete my current task. Of course I'm fumble-fin gered anyway. (Have warned my coop members that "visit" and "eject" buttons are dangerously close together and if I accidentally eject someone, please come back!)

I want to add another voice in asking for some confirmation window in the rare instances when both the "Start" and the "Trashcan/Dump" buttons are visible on the task selection window. After all, you do give a confirmation window when I try to Dump the task, please give me one when I try to Start one.

I've done it twice now, about a month or so apart, and it's maddening. If you cannot do a confirmation button, at least move the two buttons far enough apart that a person cannot "fat finger" the wrong one. Pretty Please (w/wo sugar on it, depending on your blood glucose levels).

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I want to add another voice in asking for some confirmation window in the rare instances when both the "Start" and the "Trashcan/Dump" buttons are visible on the task selection window. After all, you do give a confirmation window when I try to Dump the task, please give me one when I try to Start one.

I've done it twice now, about a month or so apart, and it's maddening. If you cannot do a confirmation button, at least move the two buttons far enough apart that a person cannot "fat finger" the wrong one. Pretty Please (w/wo sugar on it, depending on your blood glucose levels).
    I agree. It is far too easy to press the wrong button by accident.

I agree too. I made that mistake almost every week.

I agree as well, far too many problems with accidentally selecting a task.