Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted

Wanted

I would like a church.
    If you do not have one due to many non believers please put it in decorations.
    My town wants a church. I don't need a wedding hall I need a church.

Sorry, but adding Any places of worship, any flags other than national/state flags, was already ruled out by the devs. Please take a look at this list for more ideas like this.

The Organ Hall is the closest you're going to get, I'm afraid.

A50AFC58-E09B-49D1-BA53-2BEAB0BB6739.jpg
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

There is Notre Dame de Paris. It's a church! As well as St. Basil's Basilika, that's a church too. Both are to be had in the decorations.

I found two threads in the forum that say that the buildings offered in Township are from the UNESCO World Heritage list:

here and here.

That might explain the choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracie Rohrbacher View Post
    I would like a church.
    If you do not have one due to many non believers please put it in decorations.
    My town wants a church. I don't need a wedding hall I need a church.
    (disclaimer: with the below post I do not mean to insult or disrespect any religion. )

Sorry, but I'm afraid you're probably putting the blame on all the wrong people here.

Let me describe what would be a probable scenario if Playrix did put in an actual "Christian Church for the Worship of Jesus Christ".

See, if Playrix would put in a actual place with the sole purpose of Christian worship, they'd have to put in mosques and synagogues and Buddhist temples and Hindu temples as well because religious discrimination and a right proper clientele in regions with all those religions as well.

All well that ends well, right? Nope. Because the scenario continues:

What would happen next is that a load of Christians would object against the mosques because "ISIS" among reasons, and Playrix would find themselves in the undesirable position of having to remove each and all buildings with any religious reference or risk losing clientele/having to deal with further social media backlash.

So at the end of the day it's quite possibly the Christians themselves that could be to blame here. Not all Christians, mind you, but the portion of the Christian population that is rather intolerant towards other religions and specifically towards Islam.

Religion is a touchy subject in games, and on game forums. It's all too easy to step on someone's toes. Most religious persons are indeed tolerant to those of other religions or non believers. Some however, unfortunately, are not.

I for one applaud Playrix's wisdom to tread carefully with this subject.

Meanwhile, the game offers 3 suitable buildings where you can easily imagine the places you wish. While all the muslim players find themselves breading haram pigs. Go figure.

Yeah, religion and politics are the two touchy subjects that should be treated carefully. I've seen normal and kind people became cruel and ruthless because of the differences in their religious doctrine or political ideology or beliefs.

Religion and politics are also the two topics we are not to discuss on the forum.

OP has a well-informed answer to their question, which was not brought up to specifically discuss religion, so I'll leave the thread here for other potential questioners to find if need be.

I request we leave it there before this turns into some giant argument.

On a personal note; I wholeheartedly agree with every reply in this thread.
    I think Playrix have made the right call here.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Sorry, but adding Any places of worship, any flags other than national/state flags, was already ruled out by the devs. Please take a look at this list for more ideas like this.
    Notre Dame, St. Basil's Cathedral, and the Temple of Heaven are all available as decor. These are places of worship.

Yes, indeed they are. But, they are also UNESCO World Heritage Sites - which are allowed (i.e. Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower, etc.).