Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake players claiming others towns

Fake players claiming others towns

On Friday the leader of our coop experienced issues with the game. When she logged into the game, she saw a notification popping up "Township is open on another device. You can't play on several devices simultaneously. Please close the game on other devices to continue". She got scared, because she had this problem once in the past, and it ended up with her game account being broken into. She promoted everyone to coleaders, assigned a new leader and left the coop. On Saturday morning she managed to log into her game, but then was thrown out for several hours and had the same message appearing on the screen that Township was open on another device. After that the new leader's town was also broken into, all coop members were kicked out of the coop and the coop itself was destroyed.

One could say that their games were hacked into. But this is not hacking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bessville; 11-15-2018 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Removed inaccuracy

Wow, that is indeed scary. I'm sorry I've nothing helpful or constructive to say, I hope that your co-op leader can get her town back, and that you can all get back together as soon as possible. Good luck!
    Last edited by Bessville; 11-15-2018 at 02:30 PM.

I think the person who got promoted to leader was the hacker, and once they got promoted just kicked everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JPT_LFC View Post
    I think the person who got promoted to leader was the hacker, and once they got promoted just kicked everyone.
    I'm sorry, it's probably not my business ( and I realise that by saying that I'm leaving myself open to attack) but unless you actually know the people involved, or have some inside information, I really don't think you should make accusations like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I'm sorry, it's probably not my business ( and I realise that by saying that I'm leaving myself open to attack) but unless you actually know the people involved, or have some inside information, I really don't think you should make accusations like that.
    I agree!
    TOWN NAME:Melly.....
    COOP:Tigger’s Den
    Can we hop every week?

I've read exactly the same thing in other forum discussing township game, and the victim knew or suspected the perpetrator was a stranger who shown up in his friend list that night. He said that the perpetrator even used his town to produce something for the perpetrator's town (I guess to fill train crate or airplane crate).

He changed his township name (I don't know how he's able to login and did it) and deleted that stranger from his friend list SEVERAL TIMES. And the perpetrator was able to login his town again and even threaten to change his password (game center? township? or else?) to prevent him from login to his town again if he dare to delete the perpetrator from his friend list again!

How can one do that? This is terrifying!

My first concern or question is: how is it possible for someone to login to someone else's town?
    (One guy in the forum said using the invitation code or friend code can do it. Unbelievable and incredible?! ) If this is true, our invitation code shouldn't be given to anyone in an open forum or at all.

My second question is: what is the safeguard measure to confront this problem from Playrix's team?

I've read this faking/hacking thing happened in some informal township forums, and they cannot all be falsehood. So someone should do something, right?
    Last edited by hchl; 03-05-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    ...the perpetrator was a stranger who shown up in his friend list that night.
    Only through Facebook somebody will shown as friend in game. And people are not careful with their Facebook account, they logged in everywhere, they even gave to others their login information. And after that it is not strange if they lost accounts because somebody hacked them. You know, Facebook account is difficult to hack, in most cases users are quilty if somebody hacked them.
    Keep your accounts safe, change passwords at least one time per mounth and you will be safe. And dont give anybody your login details, even if he or she is your best friend in real life.
    And most important- dont have one password for all accounts, because if hacker get your one account, he will get your all accounts!
    Last edited by Mimy; 03-05-2018 at 05:16 AM.

I also get one time that notification, but nothing happened to me after I closed immidiatlly game and force stoped all programs in beckground. Somehow, my last game session has been still active. After that I never saw this notificattion again. But, I dont have facebook either, I guess your leader have it.
    Last edited by Bessville; 11-15-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    I also get one time that notification, but nothing happened to me after I closed immidiatlly game and force stoped all programs in beckground. Somehow, my last game session has been still active. After that I never saw this notificattion again. But, I dont have facebook either, I guess your leader have it.
    She has her game connected both to Facebook and Google play, but she says she has never given Facebook details and also never players for another player on her device

Marisa31,I am glad that you remind me about this notification. I am not IT expert, but I think I know what's happened. Your leader played game with one friend invitation code and log out. Playrix changed our friend codes at time to time. And maybe your leader's code have been changed after she left game. And when she opened game again she got that message because somebody else got her old code. All she had must to do is closing game and open again and if she check her code, its probably new one. That happened to me. I checked who get my old code and found very weird 24 level town with almost zero statistic. I think that nobody can stole our games through our invitation code.