Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Happens When You Get 50 Clovers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner2018 View Post
    Hi there, where can i find the letters ? I thought they dont accumulate like the clovers. Thanks
    The letters are outside your Townhall, to the left. The accumulate to a total of 100, if not used to replenish your 50 in HOL.
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    The letters are outside your Townhall, to the left. The accumulate to a total of 100, if not used to replenish your 50 in HOL.

ShadowRune
    Your "Thank you" letters are located in your town hall. If you look at the picture of it, theres a small blue mailbox outside and it will have a popup balloon if you have mail. You can store up to 100 letters in your mailbox.

You are allowed to personally hold on to 50 clovers. Anything over this amount will be removed. When you collect letters it will only collect up to 50 so if you have 47 clovers and 50 thank you letters, it will only collect 3 to equal 50 held. Anything over 100 Thank you letters also is removed.

End result: Play smart. Collect thank you letters if you're at 100 and play house of luck 1 or 2 times if you are holding 50 clovers. o not collect your letters if you have under 25 clovers, let them accumulate for your house of luck tasks in a regatta race.

Thanks for the info!

Question At what point are we penalized for too many clovers?

I read the thread called, “what to do after 50 clovers” or something like that, but I’m more confused now than ever.
    I’m sorry but maybe a moderator could post something that really clears this up? I thought, once Hol clovers reached 50 that teammates don’t get clovers for helping me. ? Or is it that I don’t get clovers for helping them?
    I understand the thank you letters are a reserve for clovers and that’s great but which one are we or teammates penalized for having “too many”? And most VIP, how should we handle this and tell our teammates to best handle this so we don’t LOSE stuff we should never have to lose?
    Btw, I think being penalizes for anything to do with helping is terrible.
    can anyone please help clear this up?
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by CheriByGrace View Post
    I read the thread called, “what to do after 50 clovers” or something like that, but I’m more confused now than ever.
    I’m sorry but maybe a moderator could post something that really clears this up? I thought, once Hol clovers reached 50 that teammates don’t get clovers for helping me. ? Or is it that I don’t get clovers for helping them?
    I understand the thank you letters are a reserve for clovers and that’s great but which one are we or teammates penalized for having “too many”? And most VIP, how should we handle this and tell our teammates to best handle this so we don’t LOSE stuff we should never have to lose?
    Btw, I think being penalizes for anything to do with helping is terrible.
    can anyone please help clear this up?
    Thank you!!
    Simple answer to your main question. However many clovers *you have* has absolutely no effect on how many clovers another player can get for helping you. Their own clover count controls that, not yours.

More complete answer. When you help another player's town *and* they acknowledge the help by tapping on the train car, plane crate, or zoo order, you will receive a letter which ends up in the town hall. You may accumulate 100 letters. Letters become clovers on two events. 1st, when you already have 100 letters, the next letter will become a clover instead. 2nd, when you hit the "collect" button, letters will be converted to clovers until you have 50 clovers, the rest will remain as letters. You cannot control exactly how many letters will be converted to a clover.

When a letter is converted into a clover it will be placed in the House of Luck. If your House of Luck already has 50 clovers, any additional ones are lost and there is no message telling you they were lost, they just "disappear". You may also receive a clover directly when you responds to a co-op members "product request" in the chat. You can receive up to 5 clovers this way during any 24 hour day. These clovers are also subject to the 50 clover limit in the House of Luck. However, should you lose one from the chat, a message telling you there is no more room floats by on the screen.

The best way to not lose any clovers is to monitor the number of clovers in your House of Luck and play a game whenever your total is between 46 and 50. Some players prefer to play once it exceeds 40 rather than wait until 45. Even understanding the game mechanics of clovers I still find myself filling a product request and getting the message that there's no room for the occasional clover. I just forget to check the HOL before giving the item.

I have no opinion on if it's an issue to be "penalized for helping" since this game is about management, what to crops to plant, barn space, etc. Your HOL is just another limited resource for you to manage.

ETA: your original post started a thread but it's been merged into a thread on that very topic. There's a lot of good information in the earlier posts now that you've been merged.
    Last edited by cdosr; 10-27-2019 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Add note about the moved / merged thread.

According to the Wiki "The maximum amount of clovers you can save in the House of Luck is 50. (10 games) Any clovers over 50 will be stored in the City Hall which can hold up to 100 thank you letters/clovers." https://township.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Luck

My understanding is that, when you reach that level, you will not earn any additional clovers for helping until you spend some at the House of Luck (HOL). Anyone helping you will still earn clovers until, they too, reach that limit.

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    According to the Wiki "The maximum amount of clovers you can save in the House of Luck is 50. (10 games) Any clovers over 50 will be stored in the City Hall which can hold up to 100 thank you letters/clovers." https://township.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Luck

My understanding is that, when you reach that level, you will not earn any additional clovers for helping until you spend some at the House of Luck (HOL). Anyone helping you will still earn clovers until, they too, reach that limit.
    I think the Wiki has the relationship between "letters" and "clovers" backwards. While the numbers (50, 100) are correct, extra clovers are not stored as letters but the reverse is true, excess letters become clovers unless you are also at the limit on clovers.