Thread: Last Contact In-Games Friends

Last Contact In-Games Friends

My wish: an Information on the icon in-game friends : last Contact Date. To have a chance to refresh your own in-game-friends list.

Quote Originally Posted by smartini View Post
    My wish: an Information on the icon in-game friends : last Contact Date. To have a chance to refresh your own in-game-friends list.
    This wish made it to the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list already, "Display Number Of Days Since Last Online (to know when someone is inactive)"

see the full list here:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ll=1#post78182

If you look at the bottom of the post for the updates, you'll see why that is a good thing.

You might also want to check out the other list: things the Devs have ruled out already:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ll=1#post92045

Sorry for my english - it is good to see if someone is inactive- my wish is to see in the in-game-friends-list the last Contact (help) with MY Town.

Quote Originally Posted by smartini View Post
    it is good to see if someone is inactive- my wish is to see in the in-game-friends-list the last Contact (help) with MY Town.
    oh IC, that is a bit more special then. Frankly, no idea whether it is feasible, but HOW exactly an idea is implemented (if at all), is something we see later only anyway (if and when it is done).

If you see an advantage in seeing only the "contact info" with your town, it would be probably better to describe that a bit more here. So they could consider it, if and when the info is forwarded to them. Because, having the info that a player per se is inactive, helps. Just to see that they didn't help YOU in a while says nothing, cos it can have many reasons that are not in their control.

F.e. in some towns I keep getting ninja'd* by their other friends when trying to help, *which means they help faster. Has nothing to do with my willingness to help. OTOH, if the game showed you, I haven't been ingame for 3 months, it's a more reliable statement, also about my ability to help (anyone, not only you). I think that would be more helpful, and probably also less filigree to program.

IF the Devs find a way to show it w/o hurting privacy issues...

ETA: re English and other languages here: you can copy a text to Google translator, and then paste it here. That goes for replies you receive, too, of course You can also insert both languages here (your own and Google translated text). It's done here all the time.
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-28-2018 at 08:15 AM.

I think showing a "last seen" as in "Nevada last seen 01.01.2011 9:04am" would not be good.

I think a count up of when they were last online would be good, starting at maybe three, or five, maaaaaybe seven days.

Day 1: Nevada - active
    Day 2: Nevada - active (didn't log in today)
    Day 3: as above
    Day 4: as above
    Day 5: as above
    Day 6: Nevada - Not seen in 5 days
    Day 7: Nevada - Not seen in 6 days

That way, it's not really a privacy break. There's no times etc. Also, co-ops can still individually decide action.
    Maybe Nevada said she was going away for two weeks and signal would be non-existent.
    Maybe Nevada was a daily player who's suddenly vanished.
    Co-op decision.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

yep, Nevada, that's a possibility, but - we both keep going back to the already existing wish of the more general display. That is why I asked the OP to backup *their* wish with some advantage arguments, as they repeated in their reply they want to see it related to "last Contact with MY town".

so, f.e., NOT a Coop decision about members, but individual decision about keeping friends.

That's a fair point, I kinda wandered off track there.

Even so, the way I laid it out would then at least allow an individual to decide whether to keep that friend or not, so, best of both?
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

Even so, the way I laid it out would then at least allow an individual to decide whether to keep that friend or not, so, best of both?
    I agree with you that your suggestion could be a solution to the privacy issue. I believe that then, still the time that is considered might be a problem. Just the other day I was thinking: what if they have 3 weeks of holidays (and didn't think of using their town sign as notification to friends?)? - cos in Coop it is of course much easier! checking friends list is indeed the case in question.

Still, we should give the OP the chance to explain their reasons further. Because the wish in the F.S.I.-thread says exactly that what you and me both are saying as Pro here all the time (repeating the existing wish with you adding a new How-to). Nonetheless the OP replied to me with the repetition of the relation to THEIR Friendslist (helping THEM). So I would like to know where they see the difference, also in the advantages.
    And still not as contradiction to you, it's just that I don't find speculating helpful in such a case. Esp. as we have many first time posters here, who never come back after their first post.

Ah okay, I see what you're saying.

However.

Let's say Bob is on your friend list. The new "help check" function shows you that Bob hasn't helped you in 16 days. So, you delete Bob from your friend list.
    The new "time since online" function shows you that Bob hasn't been online in 16 days, so you delete Bob from your friend list.

Either scenario winds up the same.

Bob's co-op know that Bob is on holiday for three weeks, Bob has opted out, and Bob will return in 21 days, so they keep him in regardless of no activity.

As I'm typing this I'm realising that "time since active" is not indicative of "time since last helped", so everything I've typed up to here is irrelevant.

On the other hand; maybe the devs could implement both at the same time. So when you look on your friend list, you see when they last helped/gifted.
    When you click on their profile, you see if they're still active...?

I'm gonna go have a play with something, be back in a few.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Okay so you go into your friends list, and you see this:

2D6CBB27-E360-4887-B058-0CACC988603E.jpg

You can see you had a help from someone 2 days ago, one today, and one 10 days ago. You can then decide whether to keep them as a friend.

You click on the one from 10 days ago, and you see this:

31014CA0-3AAC-4222-BCE8-535731445315.jpg

And you can see (two examples here) that either they're active and just haven't helped you, or, that they haven't been active in 6 days so they obviously haven't helped anyone.

In the latter scenario: they're still in a co-op despite being inactive, so that's a good sign they're offline for a reason, so you decide to keep them on your friend list a bit longer.

Or, perhaps you see they're not in a co-op, and they haven't been active for 6 days, so you delete them.

Either way, you have the information there to decide what you want to do.

(I'm so sorry for the really bad photo examples. Today is just not going well for me, lol. Especially to you, Amoria, for destroying your so-beautiful proposed profile update).
    Last edited by Nevada; 02-28-2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Auto-fail
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,