Thread: Township Mall

Township Mall

Hello the mall idea is terrific. Because of the limited space available you could treat the mall much like the zoo. You could click onto the mall entrance and be in the mall. Or outside the mall with another click to actually get into the mall. The parking lot can be development areas requiring us to have so many stores to be able to develop the parking areas. We should be able to have decorations such as trees and grass and shrubs to put in the parking lot and maybe a bus stop or two. In the mall we build stores - that anchor stores and smaller stores, restaurants, kiosks etc. treat the stores as we treat the community buildings and houses in the township. We can make money (coins and t-money by stocking the stores and having purchases. This could also enhance the factories we already have to make the inventory for the stores. Each store should have “storage” or one large storage warehouse and treat it like the barn including upgrading the warehouse over time. Factory enhancement suggestions are: mattress and bedding store-mattress added to the down factory and new beds in the furniture factory - a department store for clothes shoes jewelry and what not. I have other ideas and suggestions to make this work. Just let me know
    DB Austin Township
    Co-op Legends

Thank you for reading

I like this idea.

I started reading thinking "we have enough CB shops, who needs more?" But this was not that.

This, I would like.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Ohhhh!! Township Mall would be a great addition! It would be so much fun to see town people walking around and then entering the little shops in the mall. If that’s possible. And the idea that we could earn coins from sales from the shops makes it more enjoyable to play. I 100% like your idea DBAustin!!!

The parking lot idea, so it’d be like how commercial realty are built in real life where each space are leased out and so the stores you mentioned would be that??? So you would have the townspeople renting out the spaces and you’d be collecting rent money. (Oh that would be fun to be a commercial landlord). Not sure if I’m understanding it right. 🤔 Or is it inclusive to the mall? Or a separate idea altogether?

I would like to give this thought a thumbs up. This could be a multi floor structure for the people to keep busy with (during their "bored out of their mind" time). It opens up endless possibilities of doing seasonal decorations in and around the MALL. Would be nice if we could use TOWN SIGNS as part of this idea!!!( I always thought we should be able to use those signs for different parts of the OUR TOWN) This could become a great outlet for possibly a choice of 3 or 4 stuctures to be customized for the land available. Just getting 1 selection per town, having a choice of different # of floors business space available etc. Example 2 single floor malls/ 2 multi floor malls( 1- 2floor model + 1- expandable 3 to 5floor model) just a thought .That would probably be a lot of work for the DEV'S, but that is my creative mind running away with a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Al daBomb View Post
    I would like to give this thought a thumbs up. This could be a multi floor structure for the people to keep busy with (during their "bored out of their mind" time). It opens up endless possibilities of doing seasonal decorations in and around the MALL. Would be nice if we could use TOWN SIGNS as part of this idea!!!( I always thought we should be able to use those signs for different parts of the OUR TOWN) This could become a great outlet for possibly a choice of 3 or 4 stuctures to be customized for the land available. Just getting 1 selection per town, having a choice of different # of floors business space available etc. Example 2 single floor malls/ 2 multi floor malls( 1- 2floor model + 1- expandable 3 to 5floor model) just a thought .That would probably be a lot of work for the DEV'S, but that is my creative mind running away with a very good idea.
    This has been brought up several times in previous discussions, so much so that it's made it to the list of frequently suggested ideas.

I would really like to see this happen, mall and signs.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

i like the idea. atleast we will be have something to look forward.

Thank you all for giving the thumbs up for the Township Mall. I do hope the developers like the idea.

Regarding the question about the parking lot. My original thought was just a parking lot or parking structure or the option of having both strictly for the mall. As you expand your mall with new stores, you can expand your parking facility or parking lot. To the developers: I hope the mall, parking areas, etc do not have land developing restrictions like the zoo has. It appears in the zoo one cannot expand but so much.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed 😀

DB Austin Township
    Level 98
    Co-op Legends