Thread: Player Preferred Language

Player Preferred Language

Even though a club can be set to a specific language, by the magic of the internet we still get players who speak a different language. In order to truly bring people from around the world together and communicate with them it would be nice to be able to look in their profile and find out what language that is.

Hi Crying Angel. I believe similar requests have been made regarding language. I bow to our esteemed long-time players to provide that information. However, one thing that I have found that helps in that regard is Google Translate. If a member has typed something in a language you don't recognize, retype it into Google Translate and ask it to recognize the language. It usually works. Unfortunately, I have never found a way to copy and paste, but at least you will have an idea how to communicate with that person.
    Hope this is helpful.

Preferred languages

Quote Originally Posted by Posie Wildflower View Post
    Hi Crying Angel. I believe similar requests have been made regarding language. I bow to our esteemed long-time players to provide that information. However, one thing that I have found that helps in that regard is Google Translate. If a member has typed something in a language you don't recognize, retype it into Google Translate and ask it to recognize the language. It usually works. Unfortunately, I have never found a way to copy and paste, but at least you will have an idea how to communicate with that person.
    Hope this is helpful.
    The problem isn’t translating what someone else has typed but trying to type something to them and never getting a response because I’m not sure what language to use. It would just be nice to know that they can actually read and understand what I’m trying to say. Such as “please don’t take someone else’s reserved task” which has happened more than twice. Oh well for now I’ll just keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying Angel View Post
    The problem isn’t translating what someone else has typed but trying to type something to them and never getting a response because I’m not sure what language to use. It would just be nice to know that they can actually read and understand what I’m trying to say. Such as “please don’t take someone else’s reserved task” which has happened more than twice. Oh well for now I’ll just keep trying.
    If a player never react to your message, to me, it means they never read the chat and are not interested in team work. I have kicked players for that. If the player was interested, he would at least answer back with ???? Or by No understand or something similar. Total silence is a very bad sign in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying Angel View Post
    Hi. Maybe you could try sending a message to them in chat saying "hi...... Parles tu francais/sprichst du Deutsch/hablas espanol/parli italiano? etc. Maybe they'll answer yes to one of those, or get the idea and come back with another language. Good luck!