Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Balance in Regatta Global Combat

Broken Balance in Regatta Global Combat

In the Township Regatta global race, I have to bluntly point out to everyone who cares that the balance of this game is now broken.

Take the results in last week as an example. [co-op name removed] has earned a point of 2295.97, implying a dump count of only 421. ( 64800 - 421) / 30 + 150 = 2295.97. In comparison, the top 30th has only 2286.17, implying a dump count of 715. Both teams are good: they earn group top one; they finish 16 tasks of 135 points for 30 people, and they work on every single 135 task that ever shows up. The only differences are that [co-op name removed] has cracked the system and achieved a much lower dump count of an unbelievabe 421.

Just ask yourself a simple question. How can you dump 421 and get 480 full tasks of 135 points?

My inside information reveals that, they have used the "Cash" to speed up / refresh the task slot so skillfully that they can avoid dumping low score tasks. The trick is to refresh only certain slots, and/or to refresh only at specific seconds in a minute. It is thus the responsibility of Playrix to close this loophole, or we all lose in this unbalanced game. I strongly urge that the game master deal with this issue seriously, and give us back a more balanced gaming environment.

-- Update on Feb 23:

They have a series of connected Co-op groups, systematically collecting time and slot position data for task generation and exploiting the revealed empirical distributions of the underlying task genaration process. It may sound good to Playrix that they spend cash to speed up task slots, but not so good for everyone else who has been put at disadvantage. I am not sure whether they acted within the legitimate range or not. If that's legitimate, at least we let everyone else know that this way is technically possible.

Since they are global tops, they are so recognizable.

Mod note: I appreciate it won't be difficult for people to figure out, but please don't post others co-op names/tags.

-- Update on Feb 23:
    It is great that the operation team is acting to deal with this issue. I have also heard that just yesterday lots of cheating accounts have been banned again. That's surely good news for everyone. But I'm not so sure if that would be enough to restore the balance.

-- Update on Feb 26:

How about we change the rule? My suggestions may sound stupid or would totally not work. But these are just a few of the possible alternatives. How about, for example, dumping non-135 tasks won't be punished in the final global ranking? To separate the good teams from one another, how about teams get score rewarded with number of hours left after finishing 64800? Then faster teams should rank higher. After all, the Regatta should be about how we do the tasks, planting crops, feeding animals, and producing goods, not how we refresh 135 tasks.
    Last edited by FrankFrank; 03-02-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Missed co-op name

If you genuinely believe this co-op is cheating, I'd ask you to follow this post.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

It might be better for you to pm anna petrova, administrator, here on the forum with this information rather than post for everyone to see. Either that or contact customer support from your game with the info.

It is not that they have cheated in the traditionally well-defined sense of cheating, but that they exploited the flawed system and took advantage of it at the cost of the balance of the whole game.

If it is the flaw of the game, better inform the dev team to fix the gap instead of venting it here. That’s what Ann was suggesting. Or some will start wondering and trying to figure out the technique to get higher scores, imaging they are doing it fairly because it is not cheating, right?

So is this another "glitch" that allows teams to have an advantage over other teams? So if someone has "insider information" and doesn't report, isn't that also a form of cheating?

I have already sent this directly to Anna, however, it will need to be reported from in-game as well to ensure as much information is available as possible.

I may turn out to be a nothing. It may turn out to be something that gets fixed.

I respectfully request in the meantime that we don't turn this into another "harbour glitch debacle". OP has their answer on what to do. All we can do now is wait.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I know what you mean, FrankFrank. My friends and I have been puzzling over the scores of the top teams as well. We've concluded that the only way for such low dump scores is that several players have multiple accounts. We don't believe that those co-ops have 30 unique people. It'd be impossible for Playrix to determine who has multiple accounts since a person can have multiple email addresses and multiple Facebook accounts. So, while 3 people controlling 10 accounts is unlikely, 9 people controlling 3-4 accounts is not unreasonable.

It is great that the operation team is acting to deal with this issue. I have also heard that just yesterday lots of cheating accounts have been banned again. That's surely good news for everyone. But I'm not so sure if that would be enough to restore the balance. How about, for example, dumping non-135 tasks won't be punished in the final global ranking? After all, the Regatta should be about how we do the tasks, not how we refresh the tasks.

Topics like this make my blood boil. GLB teams work their ass off to achieve as low dump rate as possible. Sure, they do use tcash to refresh, but it is their choice. They paid for this tcash, it is up to them how to use it, and unless they got it from unauthorized sources it is no cheating. Some teams refresh only one cell at a time, some refresh three, some half of the board board, there are all sorts of tactics. Some work better, some work worse. They also don't make that much of a secret out of it. Visit a GLB coop on an off season week, spend there a week or two and learn, and you will be able to do exactly the same. If you don't want to do it the way they do, just race to get your golden trophy. But please be wary of calling them cheaters. End of rant
    Last edited by Nevada; 02-23-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Changed language.