Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does Your Co-op Reserve Tasks?

Reserving tasks in the regatta

The new function of being able to reserve tasks in the regatta is a good development idea. However, there is a slight problem which is causing some fiction between co-op members. This being the ability to take other members reserved tasks. It would be great if the developers could make a few amendments to this function. For example, the reserved task is locked for a set period of time, the reserved task is removed from the tasks available for selection for a period of time with only the reversee able to de-select the task if they wish and make it available to other members.

Yes, i double check and you are right. A reserved task can be dump or taken by other player. You will see the question....are you sure you want to....
    Milky way

Hi Nicola, I'm assuming that the devs have made it this way initially to allow each co-op to decide if, and how, they will use this function. In our co-op, we only allow certain tasks to be reserved, usually for no more than 2hrs. This way, co-ops can decide whether to allow or disallow a member's reservation for any number of reasons. There are some grey area tasks, that are difficult to pinpoint whether to keep or dump, so we may flag a particular task that we don't want dumped, especially if it's one we can complete outside of our 2hr reservation limit. In these instances the task is available for anyone to take.

Personally, I would want the leader to be able to select or deselect any option for reservations to be locked.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I would like a way for co-op leaders and coleaders to set a time limit and other options for reserving tasks. Otherwise, having a way for tasks not to dumped or taken could lock up an entire task board for hours in larger co-ops. We've already had issues with players keeping them reserved for over 24 hours - so at this point, it is important that they don't actually lock a task! But for now, we are having to come up with our own rules within each co-op how they will be handled - and yours is not the only one where there is friction over this issue! I hope we can work the kinks out quickly.

I am seeing a LOT of reservation abuse. In our coop, the rule is one hour for reserves. Folks are reserving and then logging out. Since there are more people racing, than there are tasks on the board this is becoming an issue. If you cannot do the timer suggestion above, how about giving coop leaders the ability to unreserve a task? I’ve threatened to “bust” violators down to member status, but know that doing that will just cause otherwise good players, to leave the coop which I don’t want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kr105 View Post
    I am seeing a LOT of reservation abuse. In our coop, the rule is one hour for reserves. Folks are reserving and then logging out. Since there are more people racing, than there are tasks on the board this is becoming an issue. If you cannot do the timer suggestion above, how about giving coop leaders the ability to unreserve a task? I’ve threatened to “bust” violators down to member status, but know that doing that will just cause otherwise good players, to leave the coop which I don’t want to see.
    Even with this imperfect system, the leader can still issue an edict and tell someone else to go ahead and take the task that's been reserved by someone else. You don't have to sit and wait for it to become "unreserved" before someone else can do the task. You will get a warning that someone else has it reserved but it won't stop you from proceeding.

And, of course, if you want to dump the task, the leader / co-leader / or elder can still do that.

Time Restriction on Reserved Tasks

I'd love to see a time delay that would prevent anyone from taking a reserved task until 2 or 3 hours after the reservation is made. That would give the person reserving a task at least a shot at finishing the current task and getting to the reserved task before someone else swipes it.

I have (numerous times) posted that there is a one hour limit on reservations, as well as post that task xyz is available, but a lot of times, people don’t check chat before selecting a task.

Quote Originally Posted by Kr105 View Post
    <snip...>how about giving coop leaders the ability to unreserve a task?
    After I replied to you above, I realized that a leader / co-leader / elder can reserve a task out from under another player. There is a warning popup but you can proceed from that and re-reserve the task to yourself. Once you do that, you can then cancel your reservation and, in essence, you have unreserved the task that another held. Multi-step and some brute force but it does accomplish what you asked for. It should suffice until the developers add that explicit capability, if in fact they decide to do so.

Seems to me like all this is doing is adding fuel to some fires that may be smoldering in some unstable co-ops....
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire