Thread: New Rule About Starting Regatta?

New Rule About Starting Regatta?

I would like to know if there really is a new rule about participating in the regatta only if a player is online at the start of the regatta?

In our co-op there are people from around the globe. For some regatta starts at 10AM and for some at 3AM, for example. That means that a person from USA would have to set alarm clock at 2:55 AM, and get up in the middle of the night to able to participate in the regatta. For others that would also mean, they have to drop everything they are doing just to open Township at the precise time regatta starts. I agree this is the way to affect human lives and possibly change the world, but it also means some will never have the chance to participate in regatta again.

Ora
    Last edited by Amoria; 08-23-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: random css coding was attached, removed it (sometimes happens with copy-pasting)

Hi Ora

There is no such rule. You just have to make sure you are set to Participating before another member pick a first task.

Thank you Graylady!

Where can I find the rules for the regatta. I am a one-person co op and have won the first place in gold.
    I am completely stumped as to how to play with the changes. Thank you for any help ypu may give me .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie Jean View Post
    Where can I find the rules for the regatta. I am a one-person co op and have won the first place in gold.
    I am completely stumped as to how to play with the changes. Thank you for any help ypu may give me .
    Hi Bobbie Jean! You've stumbled on to an old thread, you may want to click here to go to the Co-op and Regatta sub-forum to see the most recent posts on the topic. By and large, the regatta remains the same concept with the same rules except a few additions. Click here for the info Playrix provided before today. Most of the info you need about how everything works can be found in-game by opening the Regatta tab and Yacht Club tab then clicking on the ? question marks at the top right of the window.

However, here's some of what has been talked about in the forums today:

Tokens and Yacht Club - Tokens are acquired alongside points for completing tasks. They can be cashed in at the Yacht Club for additional decor and other prizes. Every player has the same items available in the Yacht Club, or so it seems thus far.

Mystery Tasks - a new task type gives 135 points and X tokens but doesn't tell you what the task is until accepted, though it is always less work than the equivalent 135 non-mystery task. It's risky, but some are having a lot of fun with it. The link here sends you to a thread listing many of the mystery tasks people have had so far.

Seasonal Regatta - 4 weeks of a themed regatta season (with "regular" regatta in between). We currently are in a Treasure Island/pirate theme and the decor prizes in the Yacht Club are themed accordingly.
    Last edited by Firenze; 08-23-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Fixed link